Repair Points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repair Points?

So I was looking through the medal/ribbon requirements and discovered that there is a medal strictly for repairng. I had assumed that the combat engineer medal was the only one for engineers.

The information I have says you need 5 repair points in 1 round to get the basic engineer medal. So I figured I'd try to get it last night -- shouldn't be too hard, right?

I hopped on a nice vehicle friendly map and repaired vehicles like crazy for the entire round (got some nice kills too) and nothing. I had assumed that repairing one vehicle was equal to a "repair point." Obviously not.

So my question is -- what constitues a "repair point"?

Repairing friendly vehicle(the one with friend in it)or your commander structures(artil UAV scaner)

Comment

I think it is repairing the full health equivilent of one vehicle. Basically you will never get this just repairing one vehicle because they always have a bit of health left otherwise they would be in bits all over the road. This means to get 1 point you really have to repair 2 vehicles that have been at least 50% damaged. The repairing is comulative so if you repair 10 vehicles all with 10% damage you will get 1 repair point.

Repair points I think are a little under rewarded as I have spent whole maps driving around in an APC repairing team mates and only got 2 or 3 repair points by the end of the map. I think I actually got the basic repair ribbon but it takes some doing and often is more luck than skill.

Comment

Just make sure it says "You have gained a repair point" and do that 5 times

Comment

This is easy get into a BH and repair it flight, so many people hate it so much that it will take all most constant fire. You should get 10 point a round just repairing it though this will get old fast. The gunners and pilot will love you and everyone else will hate you and love to kill you first. Though I'm not adviseing that you BH whore.

Comment

I think it's repairing 50% or more of a vechicles health gets you it but im not 100% certain

Comment

Easiest way is to tank whore on Strike at Karkand for a round. When your DMGed, repair your pwn tank.

Other ways include repairing blackhawks (need to repair 80%-85% for 1 point), or commander buildings. Avoid buggies, jeeps and humvees because you need to repair many just to get 1 point.

Comment

Originally posted by ProfLiebstrom
                I think it's repairing 50% or more of a vechicles health gets you it but im not 100% certain

Yeh that sounds bout right over 50% of ANY vehicle/assets/TOW/Stinger site, and you will get the message "You have earned a repair point" but yeh again vehicles have to be occupied for the point.

Best choosing a smaller map if you want this medal or youll endup spending mosta the time running from place to place for repairs.

Amma prolly gonna get hammered for this but.., if you also find a good hummer/blackhawk wh0r3 team then you will easily reach the badge requirements.

Nutha tip would be staying upfront in the action, you may catch your basic engineer combat badge too

Get jiggy wid dah wrench, altho any engineer (in real life) who disarms C4 with a wrench deserves to be blownup lofl.

Comment

You gain a repair point for every one-thousand (1000) points of armor that is currently occupied by an ally you repair, or an asset like artillery, or stationary AA if the flag its in range of is owned by your side. Note: If you get out to repair your own vehicle, and it's empty, you will not get repair points.

Just about all vehicles have 1000 armor points, so you have to bring most vehicles from the brink of destruction to get one point. Both tanks and humvees have 1000 hitpoints, difference being tanks' armor can only be damaged by explosives giving the illusion that they are more powerful. A Blackhawk has 1500 hitpoints (and is much more easily damaged), so you get a point for every 66% of a hawk you repair.

The engineer is required the same amount (times 10) of hitpoints as a medic having to heal a full health bar (not throwing a pack for instant 100%) and a support rearming a completely empty-ammo guy. Difference being, an engineer repairs much more hitpoints much faster than a medic/support do, which balances the benefits the other two classes have being able to fully replenish a unit.

Easy method of getting points: Get a real good buddy, both of you be engineers, and each of you take a tank and stick right next to each other, repairing every little scratch you get and owning in any vehicular battle.

I'm uncertain if repairing is different when in a vehicle than on foot with the wrench. I believe you repair slightly slower in a vehicle but get points in less than 1000, I 'unno.

Comment

^^ Agreed. You get repair points for every x number of allied armor points you restore. The only things you can fix for repair points are vehicles with other teammates in it, ground emplacements with people in them, and commander stuff.

Comment

Tip for ppl who are looking to get repair badges: Get in a tank as gunner, when eccountering enemy AT soldeirs, or tanks, get out, take cover behind your tank, and start repairing as soons as your tank gets damaged.

Comment

Better plan: Join a medium sized map like Zatar Wetlands or Oman Gulf and join a Black hawk crew as an engineer(not as a gunner, sit in the door with your wrench). If you get on a good BH team you can rack up about 25 repair points in a round. That's how I got mine(and my Helo Badge).

Comment

I got mine teaming up with a medic and repairing arty. He'd cover me and heal me and we'd repair the arty. This was unique in that the MEC had a couple specs trying very very hard to keep our arty down. Which translated into a good number of kills, medic, and repair points for the 2 of us.

Comment

just let artililary (or UAV) get destroyed then fix it 1 point per fixed item!

-way to easy

Comment

i let people blow the artillery/uav/scandish and repair it. works for me :P

Comment

Working...
                              X