This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listen to yourselves sheesh,
    Dr-x and your misguided, naive suburbia living left wing friend sammy...pls STFU about YOUR politics on here, nobody gives a $hit...why not join the Redcross and do something usefull instead of playing toy soldiers on your PC, basking in the freedom and luxury you so wantanly take for Granted!

edit**
    Oh sorry your all talk and no balls arnt you!

Comment

Originally posted by big_sammy_b
      Listen to yourself, sheesh.

Well if your American you owe your 'freedom' to the french without whome you'd still be all paying taxes to the British government.

So where does it end? Saying 'you owe everything to the USA so you have to agree with everything the USA does' is possibly the most moronic statement i have ever heard.
      And just to Set the BOOKS straight Sammy the French would still be Speaking German or has your memory forgotten June 13 1940 Paris Fall How about June 22 1940 France Surrenders Then in Sept 27th 1944 Us and great britan Enter paris to Liberate it from Germany, Then again December 16th 1944 the Battle of the Bulge us and great Britan again defending a FRENCH town.

So as far as I am concerned the Books were squards away Not once But twice So No America Does not owe it's freedom to france who America Owes it's freedom to are the Men and women like myself who have served with Honor and have Died with Distinction in the line of Duty.

So I am tired of hearing how bad America is but yet, You had better beleive if someone comes a Knocking on your door with Ill Intent Most countries ask America for help. And Not once has America turend her back on anyone. So do yourself a favor and Don't go there .

Ok I think my Tirade is done now Sorry for getting politcal, But it just Burns my Arse to see people talk like that but when it comes down to getting the job done seems everyone wants America to do it.

To my Brothers and Sisters in Arms Both Active Reserve and Retired like myself *salute*

Comment

ooerrrr

GB ftw!

Comment

The point being made was that almost every country has bailed out each other at some point so to try and hold that aginst them makes no sense at all. And yes France did save you check your history books then have a look at the statue of liberty.

For instance WW2 America got invloved (some say late) because they had too not to help anyone which is fine its the same reason everyone else got involved.

But i don't see anyone asking for America to invade Iraq or Afghanistan quite the opposite in fact. Iraq was a mess created by Rumsfeld in the 1980's were he armed Saddam then turned a blind eye when Saddam used those wepaons to gas the kurds then now nearly 20 years later its used as a excuse for invasion, its rubbish and everyone knows it.

And this war on terror whats that about? The expression in itself is a contradiction in terms, you cant defeat terrorism by invading countries as recent attacks in the UK recently prove all the invasions have done is make the world a far more dangerous place for everyone, all it is is a guise for justifying invading peoples countries and stealing from them.

Comment

Iraq war mod? This isn't a bloody movie. The game would be an FPS/role playing hybrid, where you have to keep public order and hide in your armoured vehicle because you don't know whether citizens are bombers or not. The combat would be infrequent, and utterly biased towards the insurgents most of the time.

I'd actually enjoy that, but most people just prefer to see two enormous armies clash in the middle of nowhere (like BF2). A true democracy has never invaded another true democracy, as they make money off each other and the people will not allow it. Nor can two nuclear nations clash, because both of them could destroy each other and a lot more besides - a nuclear war cannot be won, despite what many pathetic imbociles may think.

So to be honest, the mod isn't really feasible, taking into account the realities of urban warfare.

And just to Set the BOOKS straight Sammy the French would still be Speaking German or has your memory forgotten June 13 1940 Paris Fall How about June 22 1940 France Surrenders Then in Sept 27th 1944 Us and great britan Enter paris to Liberate it from Germany, Then again December 16th 1944 the Battle of the Bulge us and great Britan again defending a FRENCH town.

So as far as I am concerned the Books were squards away Not once But twice So No America Does not owe it's freedom to france who America Owes it's freedom to are the Men and women like myself who have served with Honor and have Died with Distinction in the line of Duty.

So I am tired of hearing how bad America is but yet, You had better beleive if someone comes a Knocking on your door with Ill Intent Most countries ask America for help. And Not once has America turend her back on anyone. So do yourself a favor and Don't go there .

Ok I think my Tirade is done now Sorry for getting politcal, But it just Burns my Arse to see people talk like that but when it comes down to getting the job done seems everyone wants America to do it.

To my Brothers and Sisters in Arms Both Active Reserve and Retired like myself *salute*
            Thank you. As I recall, the USA came far too late in both wars. In World War One, the Americans were mostly utterly inept in combat due to their lack of experience. Basically stood in a line and got mowed down in the beginning. Yet, due to the sheer numbers of men you could potentially throw at the tired Germanic army, the enemy was forced to launch the Lunendorff offensive or 'Kaisers War' - which very, very nearly succeeded. The counter-offensive that followed was a joint effort between American, French and British (inc. British commonwealth) armed forces.

As for WW2, well D-day wasn't significant in my eyes and many leading historians agree. The Russians reached Berlin first, after all. Argue all your like, it's just a common US, Canadian and British glorification. What D-day was really doing was preventing a total communist take over of Western Europe.

Throughout both wars the USA was making a real packet from selling supplies - profiteering from the situation. Like any other country would at that time. Nevertheless, the supplies were absolutely essential, but they came with a price tag.

If the USA was the perfect liberators you invisage, why are they not in Zimbabwe or North Korea - perhaps China? Obvious reasons.

But who cares? You stick to your militaristic, rabidly patriotic approach. To be honest I'd rather be in Rome or Paris admiring the more constructive and beautiful side to humanity, culture.

Comment

The best part about his whole disscussion about countries and how there viewed politically and generally because of there involvement in past wars revolves around a friggin WAR GAME!!....Get over it everyone, there were, are, and always will be war when we all start thinking alike no one is thinking. People are different, deal with it...and if you cant, stop supporting a war ideology and destroy your copy of BF2 go fight for your own country or find a country you have no problems with and move there. Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics , when its over everyone is still retarded.........except me of coarse...

Comment

ooooooooo war. its just baserape tbh and with a lot of teamstacking

both of which, no-one enjoys

Comment

If the USA was the perfect liberators you invisage, why are they not in Zimbabwe or North Korea - perhaps China? Obvious reasons.

But who cares? You stick to your militaristic, rabidly patriotic approach. To be honest I'd rather be in Rome or Paris admiring the more constructive and beautiful side to humanity, culture.
                  Here here.

Comment

Originally posted by Animalmother
                    So Ive looked at all the mods and I dont see any mod about the actual war we're in right now, which I think is kinda hard to believe. Desert conflict is a mod about the gulf war where an actual conventional war was happening, with tanks and whatnot. I want a mod with IEDs, suicide bombers, all the wonderfull guerrilla warfare tactics used by the insurgents who by the way wear civilian clothing, and most importantly, it doesnt need to be BALANCED. IRL its not balanced. The way they frag the usmc would be by using guerrila warfare. I think BF2 would be the perfect game to mod for this. Also needs the realism of forgotten hope.
                    would be a cool mod.....but dont call them insurgents....call them what they are, terrorists!

Comment

Spork's right. This thread is exactly the kind of thing that should stay out of gaming forums, because it's essentially a bunch of people sitting around with their fingers in their ears shouting "LALALA I'M NOT LISTENING!!!", then pouting out their lips, rubbing their fore-finger up and down them making a "wblwblwbl" noise.

That would be a **** idea for a mod, what are you thinking. Who would play that? You mention that the Iraqi's would be in Civvi clothes - what the hell does that matter when they're the only other people on the battlefield? It's not fun over there, so why make a mod about the realism of it? In that vein of thought, let's make a mod about the daily life of a chartered accountant, or brick layer, or farmer? It's realistic, therefore it's fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr-X
                        A mod about the current war eh...

Lets see, the US would come in, bomb the **** out of innocent civilians (hereby 'liberating' them ), then overstay their welcome, causing more innocent lives to be lost. Are you aware more than 25,000 innocent civilians have been killed in Iraq, and the MAJORITY of those fatalities were at Americas hands.

Yup, sure, everyone's glad you're there. Go USA
                        you dont know dick about anything? do you? obviously dont know how things work.

Comment

Originally posted by HowieMandel
                          I dont see where anyone asked to hear your thoughts on world politics. I did see something about game play. But nothing else. Eh. Now go back inside your home and play your game. YOu know, enjoy the freedom you have. You may be in another country, but i can bet, that if you trace your history, you'll owe some of it the USA. Trust me, you dont want our superpower to fail, or fall. Cuz you, my fine sir, again, no matter what country your from, will be f/u/c/k/e/d/.
                          AMEN!

Comment

Originally posted by ODBoy
                            Listen to yourselves sheesh,
                            Dr-x and your misguided, naive suburbia living left wing friend sammy...pls STFU about YOUR politics on here, nobody gives a $hit...why not join the Redcross and do something usefull instead of playing toy soldiers on your PC, basking in the freedom and luxury you so wantanly take for Granted!

edit**
                            Oh sorry your all talk and no balls arnt you!
                            Thank you! :laugh:

Comment

whats with the tripple post, clean that shite up

Comment

Yeah this is how it works, there will be arguments and both sides will have intelligent people that debate, but some cocksucker will always quote something he doesnt know **** about and say "hah yeah" because hes been taught thats right, and not because he likes sucking ****, but because he has nothing more intelligent to say, if you are one of those, please stay out of debates.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X