This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Iraq war mod?

So Ive looked at all the mods and I dont see any mod about the actual war we're in right now, which I think is kinda hard to believe. Desert conflict is a mod about the gulf war where an actual conventional war was happening, with tanks and whatnot. I want a mod with IEDs, suicide bombers, all the wonderfull guerrilla warfare tactics used by the insurgents who by the way wear civilian clothing, and most importantly, it doesnt need to be BALANCED. IRL its not balanced. The way they frag the usmc would be by using guerrila warfare. I think BF2 would be the perfect game to mod for this. Also needs the realism of forgotten hope.

Thats what i've been wanting, but the closes we are gonna get is either Desert Conflict or US intervention. I think also a Afghanastan mod would be cool.

Comment

IEDs = AT mines and C4
      Suicide Bombers = Special ops + Vodnik
      Guerrilla warfare tactics = Camping respawn points

You've got it all already, what more do you want?!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner
        IEDs = AT mines and C4
        Suicide Bombers = Special ops + Vodnik
        Guerrilla warfare tactics = Camping respawn points

You've got it all already, what more do you want?!
        haha, yea I do that all the time. But I want to see invisble IEDs like in DCR. And IRL, at least I think, insurgents use 500 lb bombs from bombers as IEDs which I saw they used to take out 1 of the 2 downed m1a2 abrams tanks in Iraq. Maybe 500 lb bomb IEDs?? lol. And also like in DCR we need the suicide kit, where the insurgent screams "Allah akbar!" and creates a massive explosion that would be equivelent to 5 sticks of c4. Also its hard to make an organized ambush with everyone in tanks and su-34s which insurgents dont have. Also, why in the hell do they have french anti tank missles, they need RPGs!!! lol, thought that was kinda weird. And no special camo, they need civvy clothes.

But, bf2 doesnt have iraqi insurgents, it has MEC soldiers. Which is why we need an Iraq war mod!

Comment

yeah its modern warfare taking place in the middle east... it would be the same thing

Comment

Ya that be fun... considering I spent 2 years of my life over there playing for REAL....

Comment

A mod about the current war eh...

Lets see, the US would come in, bomb the **** out of innocent civilians (hereby 'liberating' them ), then overstay their welcome, causing more innocent lives to be lost. Are you aware more than 25,000 innocent civilians have been killed in Iraq, and the MAJORITY of those fatalities were at Americas hands.

Yup, sure, everyone's glad you're there. Go USA

Comment

That's be cool. I can see it now:

Player123: ALLAH AHKBAR!!!!!!!
                Player123 [Suicide Vest] PlayerABC
                Player123 [Suicide Vest] PlayerXYZ
                Player123 [Suicide Vest] Player321

Comment

Well, I have always believed in separating games from reality.

Although that would just be one of those mods I wouldn´t play, don´t really know why, but I rather not think about Iraq.

Comment

i rekon it would be hard to control this mod.

You wouldnt be able to play USA for too long without being banned from ALL servers for TK... :-/

Comment

and I always thought that MEC was basically Iraq and that the game was based on the current situation over there.

I guess DICE wanted to be politically correct and therefore not include Iraq as a team, instead they just called them MEC. But on the other hand, I still can't understand why they must play the cheesy US national anthem when the USMC team wins. No it's not cheesy, but it sounds cheesy in-game - I am not trying to offend anyone.

I'd rather have a USMC anthem (I am sure they have one) than the national anthem ..

But on the other hand, I would not enjoy playing a game that simulates a war that happened less than 10 years ago. The politics around it is too fresh, too close. World War II is another thing.. it's a closed chapter. So is Vietnam (well for many at least) and the Gulf War.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr-X

Lets see, the US would come in, bomb the **** out of innocent civilians (hereby 'liberating' them ), then overstay their welcome, causing more innocent lives to be lost. Are you aware more than 25,000 innocent civilians have been killed in Iraq, and the MAJORITY of those fatalities were at Americas hands.

I dont see where anyone asked to hear your thoughts on world politics. I did see something about game play. But nothing else. Eh. Now go back inside your home and play your game. YOu know, enjoy the freedom you have. You may be in another country, but i can bet, that if you trace your history, you'll owe some of it the USA. Trust me, you dont want our superpower to fail, or fall. Cuz you, my fine sir, again, no matter what country your from, will be f/u/c/k/e/d/.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr-X

Actually 37% of the 25,000 civillians died directly at the hands of the Americans the rest were killed by insurgents, however those insurgents wouldn't be there if Iraq hadn't been invaded in the first place.

But yes in principle i agree with you whole heartedly.

Comment

Originally posted by HowieMandel
                            I dont see where anyone asked to hear your thoughts on world politics. I did see something about game play. But nothing else. Eh. Now go back inside your home and play your game. YOu know, enjoy the freedom you have. You may be in another country, but i can bet, that if you trace your history, you'll owe some of it the USA. Trust me, you dont want our superpower to fail, or fall. Cuz you, my fine sir, again, no matter what country your from, will be f/u/c/k/e/d/.
                            Listen to yourself, sheesh.

Well if your American you owe your 'freedom' to the french without whome you'd still be all paying taxes to the British government.

So where does it end? Saying 'you owe everything to the USA so you have to agree with everything the USA does' is possibly the most moronic statement i have ever heard.

Comment

lol, the lousy french, heres me busting my balls for a living and i could have been on easy street while you lot worked for me

Comment

Working...
                              X