No announcement yet.

Helicopter's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What joystick on the BF2 cover? I don't see it.

Comment

Hoverin' and practice

I find at around 20% throttle on the Apache she'll hold alt...assuming your level. I'm trying to get the hang of it too. It's a beyotch getting a handle on the over-correcting. What I did notice is that rotating helps level her out a bit.

I'm using a Saitek Evo and loving every minute of it. A keyboard is probably easier to hover but where's the fun in that?

Originally posted by [LG]Cataclysm
      It's easy, Going full throtthe, nose up and cut power to almost ALMOST nothing. you'll float down, and when you reach the desired height, give it more power. I hovered 3' form the ocean on Oman in an attempt to let a guy who was swimming get in, but he liked to excersize, I guess.

Comment

It's an art, and as with most things, practice will make you better. Get the feel of it, and keep the flow going.

I use a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback pro. Hovering is a dream.

Comment

Mouse and keyboard

I agree, flying by joystick is an art. Any chump could use a keyboard. I actually thought it would be easier to use a joy but not completely. It takes nerves of steal...besides with my Saitek Evo...there are so many buttons...I don't have to fumble for my F10 or other keys. she's all there. I even mapped out my eject and parachute options for a quick escape.

I never knew about the hover reticle...so I learnt something new today.

Nooberus Fragerus maximus

Comment

I bought a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro because I thought it would be better for flying helicopters and I was wrong. Planes work great with the joystick, but I can fly helicopters with the best of them and the keyboard is the way to go.

Comment

I've really found that a joystick is better for flying helicopters as well as fixed-wing a/c... The key is to be constantly adjusting and correcting on all axes... (This includes throttle)... The joystick just gives you a much greater degree of control than a keyboard/mouse setup...

Comment

People who find it difficult to fly with a joystick may want to think about adding some deadband to their joystick axis settings.

This is especialy effective with twist sticks because they tend to wear over time and start exhibiting control input spikes that a dead band eliminates.

Comment

Learn to fly like the rest of them..

Yesterday I wasn't sure how to set up a practice game and someone around here gave me the scoop (multiplayer--local server(or something similar).

Just me...no one else to harass me. And I got in about 30 mins of flying. The beauty is that you're able to play 64 maps unlike single missions, however no bots. Anyway.

It's a great place to pratice hovering using a joystick and shooting stationary targets. I think I might even have the hang of it...especially now that I know what the cirlce means on my HUD.

Just thought I'd share.

Originally posted by jordo2323
                  I bought a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro because I thought it would be better for flying helicopters and I was wrong. Planes work great with the joystick, but I can fly helicopters with the best of them and the keyboard is the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                  X