Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the AVG load time for a map on MULTIPLAYER for you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6600gt pci-e
    1,5 gigs Kingston (1 gig at first, 512 more definitly helped)

Loadings take about 30 secs to 1 minute.

Comment

I am thinking you load fast if you have PCI-E. Can anyone confirm that they get fast load times and have AGP 4X/8X?

Comment

25-30 seconds

Comment

25-30 seconds...have 2.5 gig memory and 6800 gt.

Comment

25-30 seconds.

Comment

1.8GHz AMD
              GeForce FX5200
              256MB RAM (PC2100)

Takes around 4-5 minutes.

Comment

1.5 mins about I love how quick it loads big change from bf1942/mods.

Comment

i used to have 512 ram and that took about 5 minutes to load.. now that i have one gig, each map takes about 30 seconds to load.

Comment

Mine takes under a minute and Im running a 6600GT and 1gig RAM.

Five minutes is a very long time, Id be concerned if it took that long.

Comment

Are we sure this don't have something to do with ports at all? I load pretty fast at least compare to people here with 3-5 mins. My friend has allmost exactly the same set up when it comes to hardware like I have. He loads faster every time no matter what. The only really difference is that he has a cable router that allows him to open all the ports EA and Gamespy has set up. I'm not able to do that with the router I have, but getting a new one today so I'm going to test it and see if it helps. Will get back on this then.

Comment

Originally posted by kqeda
                        I am using a NVIDIA 6600 GT AGP 4X

Could that be why?
                        LOL did you hear what I said? I have a ATi Radeon 9000 Pro, ie. VINTAGE and OBSOLETE! Might as well hang it on the mantle with my old Voodoo 2 3dFX card! Hehehe, I bought this when I just turned 19 and now I'm almost 22... Your card should cream mine Everyone laughs when they see what my VGA card specs are, although I could still play HL2 and Farcry. Here's a weird thing though, Battlefield 2 works GREAT yet Battlefield Vietnam ran like balls, it was literally unplayable, my frame rate was like 1 frame per 6 seconds.

Comment

im using 1 gig of dual channeled ram and it seems to be good enough. loading takes about 30-45 seconds for me. but yeah, switching and changing maps will always be fast

Comment

about 30-60 seconds, can't remeber, never counter.

You have enough RAM. Is your processor AMD or Intel?

Comment

im also using the 9800 pro. i noticed that too.. battlefield 1942 servers were unplayable, expecially desert combat, and battlefield 2 runs perfect. half-life 2 also runs good for me. this video card isnt the worst, but i wish i still had my 9800

Comment

AMD beats Intel in most cases

Comment

Working...
                                X