A proposal for a radical change: get rid of persistent stat tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by {HHx}b14ze View Post
    They better take away the stats n such if they hope to take everyone away from CoD4 when BF3 comes out!
    I just downloaded the played the demo for CoD4 today. It was awesome. I love the CoD games.

However, I played through the demo one time....and then played 2142 for an hour.

CoD4 is not going to pull me away from 2142. I'm definitely going to buy it when it comes out and hopefully the multiplayer version rocks...but it lacks what I love about 2142. Different kits, different maps with different styles of play, different weapons choices within the same game.

Just my opinion....but CoD4 isn't going to be the death of the BF series....or even just 2142.

Comment

Im sorry but I enjoy the stats aspect, i like being #1 in my country with a weapon and working towards that with another one

what i really want though is a resume' of some sort that records all youre top achievements so they arent lost

for instance you have page that lists all your highest ever achieved rankings with different things and the time that ranking was held etc.

so you can reach #1 and forget about it and get passed in like a week or so but you're achievement lives on on your resume'

Comment

We need someone to strap some C4 to the stats server and blow 'em up.

"You got points for destroying strategic object"

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
          You know, the only thing preventing me from taking offence is the fact that you have spent twice as much time as me "hooked".
          I know Im the object of my own hate,

If I didnt enjoy the gunship so bloody much...

Comment

Originally posted by LanDodger
            Whichever person at EA thought of stat tracking was really smart, I mean imo its crap and is the worst thing to happen to the bf games ever but it sure does keep the masses of smacktards hooked now doesn't it

While at times it can provide some direction and something to work to, more times than not it contradicts the supposed team focussed part of the game as it turns players into morons who only play for the stats not to actually have fun or be decent players, which is when it becomes really sad imo

Also that EA charge for it, also sad but still they make money from crapping up the game so they dont mind

Its also sad really because in theory if the stats system was modified slighlty or they actually spent some time actually thinking about it rather than just thinking about how to make money and do fa else then it might work alongside the game
            There is a lot of truth in this post. Although I think the bf's stat system brings down almost everyone's playing experience i also think there is no way EA is going to get rid of it, due to the money they get from server owners and the people who play purely for stats (how boring is that by the way?).

Its worked against my teams interests so many times, what with the ever present sniper hordes and the people that wont stop defending the titan even though our team doesnt have any silos because of the titan defend score and pins.

I would play another game in an instant if a decent fps with vehicles came out but to my knowledge there's nothing that matches it, any suggestions?

Comment

yup i've been in so many situations where i would be 1 kill away from some pin and instead of doing needs to be done, i would hold out to get the pin instead. also people are playing selfish and only playing for themselves for the KDR and often ignore a fallen teammate they can revive because they don't want to be in harm's way. forget awards, they need to go bye bye with the stat system.

Comment

That'd be all nice and such, but to be brutally honest, no one's going to see this or if by some chance a DICE member actually does read this, it's never going to happen. You see, a few years back, EA merged it's Creative Design and Accounting departments, so now the only things they do earn money and net players. This idea will do neither.

Comment

Really? When I read the title I thought it was going to get rid of the unlocks, not the stats. Who cares if the first few leaderboard guys cheated, I thought you guys didn't care about your stats? It's still interesting to see how my performance has changed since I got that game. And what about all the other games with stats but no unlocks? I know a few people who went to K/P servers for the rank up points, not stat points.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                    yup i've been in so many situations where i would be 1 kill away from some pin and instead of doing needs to be done, i would hold out to get the pin instead. also people are playing selfish and only playing for themselves for the KDR and often ignore a fallen teammate they can revive because they don't want to be in harm's way. forget awards, they need to go bye bye with the stat system.
                    I have been trying to get my K/D up since my first month of the game when I was completely lost and getting killed about 10 times for every single kill I'd rack up. So, my K/D is very important to me. However, I agree that seeing some medic run by you as your 15 seconds melts away is insanely annoying. But I'd say that this is far more rare than seeing a guy running at you with a weapon out only to switch to his defib to revive you.

The way I look at it is, I get a point and a stat for reviving just like I do for killing a guy. AND....if I revive a guy or 2 as I head into an area with the enemy, my chances are BETTER at getting a kill with those guys also firing on the enemy rather than having to face them alone. I think most people see it that way.

I kill for the stats....I revive for the stats. I don't play ONLY for the stats, but I'd say they increase my enjoyment. I don't think I'd play nearly as much without them. I couldn't care less if even 10% of a server is simply out stat-padding. There are enough guys who want to squad up and try to win to make this game completely fun. I don't let the vast minority ruin it for me.

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

Working...
                      X