A proposal for a radical change: get rid of persistent stat tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A proposal for a radical change: get rid of persistent stat tracking

I was thinking, there are many fps games that are more popular than BF and they don't have a stat tracking system like BF. why not just get rid of this? i think it will get rid of most of the padding because it would be pointless to do so if after every round everyone starts over with a clean slate and your points don't get recorded. although stat keeping is cool and a nifty thing, i think in the end it has done more harm to the battlefield community in terms of gamesmanship, quality of play, and has become a cause of so many unnecessary problems. keep the unlocks system, maybe keep the ranking system (since these are tied together), but everything else i have no problem with saying goodbye to. i think BF world will be a much better place. BF1942 and BFV did not have stat tracking, but i enjoyed them just as much if not more, and the game was less tainted because of this. looking back, it made the game more realistic (doing whatever you have to do in battle to win vs to gain points). hopefully DICE will consider this for the next BF game. would you guys mind if this happened?

I think someone had a good idea in another thread

Keep a public rank system but make all other stats private.

Discussion..............

Comment

stat tracking is what make bf so much fun without it you could be playing any fps.
      and keep ranking system.

Comment

Originally posted by wastedandwounded
        stat tracking is what make bf so much fun without it you could be playing any fps.
        and keep ranking system.
        BF was fun before stat tracking came on aboard and i expect it to be fun if it gets taken out. it does make it fun, but the baggage that comes with it can outweigh the benefit in many cases. it could exist if meticulous planning and consideration were taken to combat the side effects of stat tracking, but it is simply a too great of a task for DICE to handle, imo.

Comment

Well i think they should keep ranks , unlocks. but maybe add something like Stuff you can buy with points or credits to customize you character , like choose skin color , maybe some image like in halo and such which would be on your backpack , upper arms helmet . And more stuff .

Comment

I'd be okay if the stats were gone. I'd miss them, don't get me wrong, because I think it's engrossing to look over that stuff, but if they were yanked right now, I'd still play 2142 as much as ever.

Also, to be honest, I'd likely end up scoring much better. My stats are nothing exciting, but I'm happy with them; and maybe a little over-protective of them. Minmaster is probably 100% right in that if I didn't have this worry in the back of my head about, say, my KDR backsliding, I'd probably feel a lot more free about how I play the game.

Comment

Or be totally radical. Maybe it would be better if you only had one path you could choose, i.e. recon, or assault etc.

That way people might be more inclined to play with different soldiers instead of the same one all the time.

Comment

Hell hell HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO. Stats are the only reason I play now. Taking away stats will have more than have of the players stop playing.

Comment

People should be able to choose if they wanted their stats saved before entering the round.
                  There is only one stat I care and that is k/d ratio...and sometimes it damages a little my experience of the game and don´t follow orders as well as I could...if I could just choose some rounds were I played with abandon and others where I play with more care it would be nice.

Example...my squad leader asks the team to cap a silo...if I am in a tank I won´t go...unless there is a UAV over the silo.

Other example if there are 3 enemies capping a flag and I don´t have support nor exits good cover I will not try to defend it.

I am very conservative when picking my fights and I admit that rushing to a fight sometimes is very envigorating.

You can say that I could play on Unranked servers..that´s true and I play clan mod, but my buddies just play on pub servers and that where I like to play more (well at least I don´t get owned so many times, sometimes playing in clan mod tends to be very depressing )

Comment

Originally posted by Catziggy
                    I think someone had a good idea in another thread

Keep a public rank system but make all other stats private.

Discussion..............
                    The rank is the most pointless of all stats, since it is essentially just a measure of time played.

Doing away with the leader board could in theory be nice.
                    But as we have seen before, third-party sites will just use the personal stats to create the leaderboards anyway.

And I like the personal stats. It tells me how crappy I am with specific weapons, and it reveals padders and braggers.

Anyway I don't think padding has much to do with stats, but instead with rank. They usually don't pad individual stats, but just try to make as may points/minute as possible.

As Bubas said there is always the unranked servers, but clearly that is not what the majority wants so removing the ranking system would be a mistake.

Presently stat tracking is voluntary.

Comment

Originally posted by pilvlp
                      Hell hell HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO. Stats are the only reason I play now. Taking away stats will have more than have of the players stop playing.
                      correct

Comment

Its what makes BF unique, they wont get rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                          Its what makes BF unique, they wont get rid of it.
                          It is also what makes server owners pay a fee to EA for being ranked.
                          I don't see them getting rid of that any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                            It is also what makes server owners pay a fee to EA for being ranked.
                            I don't see them getting rid of that any time soon.
                            Exactly.

Comment

It's the worst thing that was added to the Battlefield series, it brought the worst out in the players that moved across from 1942/V aswell as bringing the worst kind of players from others games.

But like mentioned above, the fact that EA makes money from it, means it's here to stay and will probably become worse and worse.

Comment

Working...
                              X