Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CoD4 is gonna kill BF2142 and BF2. Big time.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoD4 is gonna kill BF2142 and BF2. Big time.

Dear community (or should I say dear collection of smacktards hugging nades, rockets, and claymores?),

It's been a long while since I played 2142. But I did it again last week, only to be HORRIBLY disappointed. After 5 months of not-playing, I still was the Clark king of Holland. Mkay. PK rockets were even more spammed then before. Mkay. Game could be called KrylovField2142, as that gun still is overpowered like I don't know what. Mkay. Patch still isn't out yet. Mkay....

I then proceeded to start up Bf2. I join a random Sharqi server (inf only, no need to have some noob in a helo go 70-1). I see an enemy, open fire with the M16. He turns around, makes a looping, poops out three nades in 3 seconds and I die. Repeat that 20 times, and you've got some sort of a summary about the rest of this "game" (seeing as it is frustrating as hell to get killed by the same black colored tennisball over and over and over and over again.. boring).
    Next round: <b>Karkand.</B>
    Game starts, Sergeant TehDutchDude charges Karkand, only to hear some sort of a hardcore remix of explosions. BOOM BOOM BOOM BADDABOOM. Mkay.

I then proceed to start the CoD4 SP demo. Entered the cheats, grabbed an Mp5, and set the timescale to 0.4. <u>H-o-l-y-c-ra-p.</U> I can't describe the awesomeness of popping an Achmed through the walls with my Mp5.

The entire BF franchise will die when this game comes out. At least, that's what I think. Call of Duty 4 has awome guns, awesome graphics, interesting (and PK free) gameplay, and the MP part will make sure it stays no 1 in online gameplay for a looooong time.

2142 has a very gay community (no pk spam is not considered brave and heroic -.-). 2142 has boring graphics (look a wite building). 2142 has horrible balance (yes Krylov IS mega overpowered). 2142 has nothing.

2 has laughable balance (Gay36E? What a joke. That thing can be considered a parody on modern age FPS games). 2 has the most lamest, gayest, noobiest, stupidest, and just completely point addicted community ever. What's so fun about the whole nadespam thing? I don't get it. What's so fun about blasting people with an M67? Why can people dance in the air dodging 30 M16 bullets? Why oh why is Medic so ridiculously overpowered? Ea roxxorz.

2 and 2142 don't have to fear Crysis (my 8800GTS is not recommended for Crysis, lol whatever.) 2 and 2142 have to fear CoD, BIG time.

What do you guys think? Will these two games bleed to a slow and painful death when CoD4 is released? Will you buy CoD? Will you actually quit Bf?

i am most likly goin to move on to eithar COD or URT 3i played both demo,s and i am really impressed

Comment

Yeah. Um. Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchDude
        Dear community (or should I say dear collection of smacktards hugging nades, rockets, and claymores?),

It's been a long while since I played 2142. But I did it again last week, only to be HORRIBLY disappointed. After 5 months of not-playing, I still was the Clark king of Holland. Mkay. PK rockets were even more spammed then before. Mkay. Game could be called KrylovField2142, as that gun still is overpowered like I don't know what. Mkay. Patch still isn't out yet. Mkay....

I then proceeded to start up Bf2. I join a random Sharqi server (inf only, no need to have some noob in a helo go 70-1). I see an enemy, open fire with the M16. He turns around, makes a looping, poops out three nades in 3 seconds and I die. Repeat that 20 times, and you've got some sort of a summary about the rest of this "game" (seeing as it is frustrating as hell to get killed by the same black colored tennisball over and over and over and over again.. boring).
        Game starts, Sergeant TehDutchDude charges Karkand, only to hear some sort of a hardcore remix of explosions. BOOM BOOM BOOM BADDABOOM. Mkay.

I then proceed to start the CoD4 SP demo. Entered the cheats, grabbed an Mp5, and set the timescale to 0.4. <u>H-o-l-y-c-ra-p.</U> I can't describe the awesomeness of popping an Achmed through the walls with my Mp5.

The entire BF franchise will die when this game comes out. At least, that's what I think. Call of Duty 4 has awome guns, awesome graphics, interesting (and PK free) gameplay, and the MP part will make sure it stays no 1 in online gameplay for a looooong time.

2142 has a very gay community (no pk spam is not considered brave and heroic -.-). 2142 has boring graphics (look a wite building). 2142 has horrible balance (yes Krylov IS mega overpowered). 2142 has nothing.

2 has laughable balance (Gay36E? What a joke. That thing can be considered a parody on modern age FPS games). 2 has the most lamest, gayest, noobiest, stupidest, and just completely point addicted community ever. What's so fun about the whole nadespam thing? I don't get it. What's so fun about blasting people with an M67? Why can people dance in the air dodging 30 M16 bullets? Why oh why is Medic so ridiculously overpowered? Ea roxxorz.

2 and 2142 don't have to fear Crysis (my 8800GTS is not recommended for Crysis, lol whatever.) 2 and 2142 have to fear CoD, BIG time.

What do you guys think? Will these two games bleed to a slow and painful death when CoD4 is released? Will you buy CoD? Will you actually quit Bf?
        by your description of being owned all the time tells me that your a crap player.. why bother with bf game if your so ****e?

BF2 and BF2142 will not last forever and we know it... COD4 is a great game.. some will like it some will not but if you seriously think that you wont get your bunny hopper, nade spammers and nade launch-spammers in COD4 your very much mistaken.... name me a FPS online game where there is no part of the game is used to excess to aid you and help you get more kills..

who knows whats around the corner... BF2142 today.. COD4 tomorrow.. maybe BF3 the next day... things move on so dont get on your high horse about another game killing BF2142 because we all know it will happen sooner or later..

Comment

Originally posted by Fish View Post
          by your description of being owned all the time tells me that your a crap player.. why bother with bf game if your so ****e?

BF2 and BF2142 will not last forever and we know it... COD4 is a great game.. some will like it some will not but if you seriously think that you wont get your bunny hopper, nade spammers and nade launch-spammers in COD4 your very much mistaken.... name me a FPS online game where there is no part of the game is used to excess to aid you and help you get more kills..

who knows whats around the corner... BF2142 today.. COD4 tomorrow.. maybe BF3 the next day... things move on so dont get on your high horse about another game killing BF2142 because we all know it will happen sooner or later..
          Fish is right

Comment

As much as I love CoD4 compared to the BF series, I doubt it's going to mean the end of 2 and 2142. CoD4 caters to infantry combat, while the BF series caters to vehicles. A lot of people probably won't play CoD because they want tanks, cars, big maps, etc.

Crysis also won't mean the end of 2 and 2142 because the multiplayer isn't outstanding (until modders get a hold of it ) and the system requirements are through the roof.

Comment

I have played many many FPS games and all of the latest released ones and none really compare to Bf2 or BF2142 for realistic effects and teamwork... its going to take one hell of a game to beat B2 & 2142.. as Iwantcable said.. COD4 will interest all us infantry players but for all the armour whores.. (no disrepect) they might not like it..

Comment

More whiners. I think we need a board called "Cry babies" and have them all post there.

Comment

i played demo, then i played BF2142. Cod4 sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Sys.Op.
                    i played demo, then i played BF2142. Cod4 sucks
                    Finally.. Yes, COD4 SUCKS ***.

Nuff said.

UT3 might pose some threat, but its not the same style of game.

Oh, and you played SP demo, yeah suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuureeeee, you had fun with bots.

Comment

*yawn*

SSDD. Sing a new tune for a change or head off to your much ballyhooed greener pastures and be the **** done with it already, for Christ's sake. This is like the zillionth prediction of the BF series going down the toilet, and it's just as boring, inane, and obviously mistaken as it's ever been every time before now. :shakehead: You're hardly prophetic for predicting that a NEW game will enjoy a surge a players from an OLDER game. This has been happening since, oh, FOREVER. Give it a rest.:dead:

Comment

well considering cod4 has no free roaming vehicles to use, i highly doubt it will kill the bf series.

Comment

I don't think so and you will get owned in cod 4 too. Its just you, YOU SUCK

Comment

i think cod4 will be good, ill get it, but i dont think it will kill the BF franchiese

Comment

:blabla:

Are you done crying yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X