This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Catziggy

Can you make FF on or will you in the future? When I join Timeless servers its always off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Talbot
      @Catziggy

Can you make FF on or will you in the future? When I join Timeless servers its always off.
      Sadly I am just an in game admin. The server owner has decided that FF OFF is the most popular setting so its left on.

We did try a FF off server in most maps both titan and CQ. It was not popular. We then set it to another Titan Suez map (Our Suez 2 server) and within a week it was in the top 100 and within 3 weeks in the top 50 servers in the world.

At the end of the day the server owner wants "bums on seats". He funds them himself with no sponsorship or contribution from anyone else and we respect his judgement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catziggy View Post
        So far we have people saying its Ok for people to earn mega points per round just by throwing emp grenades. No one sees an issue in this.

No wonder Timeless servers are so popular because we never condone this sort of play. We set standards and a level playing field.

Not many people say they like ff off but the top servers in the world are mostly ff off.
        Let me get this straight. You are entrenched into a position whereby you claim throwing EMP grenades at infantry is statpadding because a splash damage hit gives 0.5 point per grenade.

However, you equally defend throwing RDX (an explosive) while bunnyhopping into the midst of several enemy players while on the back of a titan to get 2-10 points per RDX (I have seen players get 5 kills in the core for example) without a scratch to themselves because they exploit the hitbox code and your FF-OFF rule.

Your justification for this is you 'set standards' and that everyone can do it. You would no doubt argue that you can shoot the RDX spammer, but then why can't you shoot the EMP spammer?

IMO the reason why FF-OFF servers are so popular is that they attract a certain type of player who likes to exploit the fact they can't be killed by their own explosives. Many players on your titan server get 4-5 spm, end up with a nice 3-4 star General badge and rocket up the leaderboard. It doesn't take a lot of skill, just a bit of practice. That's why they are popular.

In essence, you do condone statpadding behaviour, just a selective behaviour based on your own perceptions of what is legit.

Back on topic, no-one here would condone earning mega points by throwing EMP nades. You talk about promoting discussion but keep changing the rules to suit your own argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catziggy View Post
          So far we have people saying its Ok for people to earn mega points per round just by throwing emp grenades. No one sees an issue in this.

Man, that is not stat padding. You have not seen sh1t. I have been to =W= Pickel power will have like 150 points and 3 kills. That is padding. Have like 20 or 30 team work points is nothing. You might not like the way he goes about it, but it's not padding. It might be playing lame, and you don't like the way he goes about it. I myself being a sniper, I hate when an EMP nad hits me. I can't fire or do anything for about 20 seconds. In team work play EMP spam can be very helpful. I think best when trying to take a hallway on the titian.

You just hate EMP's and won't listen. We are saying EMP's are bad when padding. BUT the points he has are very weak, that it does nothing greater then having a few team work points, but he also has kills too. SO he is not like 50 TW points 1 kill. So if he is killing people, why can't you kill him????

You need to find a better picture when someone is getting like 150 points then we can talk. All off of TW. Cause I think people who stay in the POD's or AA titian guns just for tw points is more padding then EMP nads.

Comment

Working...
          X