No announcement yet.

Old Threads = Don't Respond Pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is easy to be judgmental in hindsight, Paudman.

This thread in itself is a resurrection.

At the time, the only posts were from a group of people going through old messages and responding with "I agree" or "Voss is 4 nubs" without contributing anything of substance.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicpixel
      It is easy to be judgmental in hindsight, Paudman.
      Dammit my precognition unlock has run out... need to recharge.... MEDIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paudman
        Come on, guys, this is the same sort of snobbish elitism that calls new guys 'noobs'.
        We all had to start somewhere and you were all noobs once too. Similarly with the forum, some of us haven't joned all that long and may see something relevant in an older thread. Remember the crowd that used to whisper together in school and put everyone else down that tried to join in? Not nice, and it's not nice to see it happen on forums either.
        This is a mildly fair point, but keep in mind, playing the sympathy and understanding card in this sort of forum (or pretty much any forum for that matter) is a losing proposition.

Many of us were idiotic in our days as noobs. We did stupid things and said stupid things, and the older people on the forums gave us hell for it. That builds up a lot of feelings of resentment and pent-up anger.

Know what the best way to get revenge for the punishment you endured way back when you were a noob is?

That's right. Offload it on to the noobs It's the way of hazing - the oppressed become the new generation of oppressors in an endless cycle of fun and amusement.

Comment

Originally posted by <TlXl> vika09 View Post
          For a dying site, we need the bumps!
          yea i agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond621
            the oppressed become the new generation of oppressors in an endless cycle of fun and amusement.
            Yup, whenever your getting flamed for being a noob, just remember: We're just doin' it for the lawlz.

Comment

Can't this forum software auto-lock threads with no responses for a set time, like 1 or 2 months? I've seen that in place in other forums I regularly visit, and it seems to work really well for those.

Comment

Working...
              X