Old Threads = Don't Respond Pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Threads = Don't Respond Pls

For those new people joining us, please don't reply to threads older by a month since the last post. This is not a forum rule, but good forum etiquette.

There's been a lot of 'zombie threads' lately and it's just old news... unless you have something signifcant to share with the rest of us. But, to simply respond, "Yeah, I don't like the Voss/Krylov/Baur either" after 3 months is just lame.

:salute:

i agree

Comment

voss iz teh 1337 pwnszrs u n00b

Comment

Yea I've been seeing zombie threads lately...So yea, I agree with OP

Comment

Isn't there a rule already in place about "necroing" threads..

I guess the majority of people haven't read the rules anyway, i haven't :P

Comment

what does it matter if they bring old threads up. its a forum ffs. Isnt that whats its all about

Comment

Originally posted by xslaneyx
              what does it matter if they bring old threads up. its a forum ffs. Isnt that whats its all about
              Agreed, time to spam some old threads up :laugh:, its not like the forum is banging like it used to be. The same topics are on the past 2 pages for the last month. So i really don't understand why this post was even made.

If people are new, they asked the same question, the get yelled at by the Nazi search police. So then they reply to a thread that they searched on, and it still doesn't make people happy.

Comment

This should be stickied. But then again, the newbies don't read stickies so it wouldn't do much of a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by « R²» P§I View Post
                  Agreed, time to spam some old threads up :laugh:, its not like the forum is banging like it used to be. The same topics are on the past 2 pages for the last month. So i really don't understand why this post was even made.

If people are new, they asked the same question, the get yelled at by the Nazi search police. So then they reply to a thread that they searched on, and it still doesn't make people happy.
                  I totally agree. Either allow people to bring back old threads (with common sense) or stop yelling at them about searching when they ask a common question.

Comment

For a dying site, we need the bumps!

Comment

There is no rule about "thread-surrections" but when we see them we tend to nuke them pretty quickly.

Comment

Well, I've never slammed anyone for asking a question, nor have I ever been one to point people to the same search function I don't use...

I'm specifically addressing the folks that just tack their opinion onto something we were discussing months ago. Personally, I'd rather that they read the thread, think about a little and then start their own thread with what they want to discuss.

To go, "Yeah, the Voss is a newb gun" and that's all leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm asking, not demanding. That's why I said, "PLS" ffs...

Comment

Originally posted by sonicpixel View Post
                          Well, I've never slammed anyone for asking a question, nor have I ever been one to point people to the same search function I don't use...

I'm specifically addressing the folks that just tack their opinion onto something we were discussing months ago. Personally, I'd rather that they read the thread, think about a little and then start their own thread with what they want to discuss.

To go, "Yeah, the Voss is a newb gun" and that's all leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm asking, not demanding. That's why I said, "PLS" ffs...
                          Well since you put it that way, i guess i can kind of agree on that.
                          In other words keep lame comments out of old threads, lol. Gotcha ..heh :evil:

Comment

All I can add is that if you see a bad post report it and we can deal with it.

Comment

Would my faction poll be a zombie thread? Its still relevant for the new guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X