No announcement yet.

About Updates: EA/Dice disappointing in communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give em a break - they're all playing the ETQW demo. You should be too.

Comment

lol, the funny thing is that i dont doubt that they have and do play the quake demo, they could get some good pointers from that game.

EA/DICE suck, period. i used to love the C&C series of games but when westwood sold to EA i knew the good days were over

mo money mo money is all they think about, how many people could they even have working on the patch? a select few? hire a few more people and get that damn patch out.

o and if they have updates on how the patch was coming a months ago i wouldnt be that angry with EA/DICE but now 2 months after the 1.40 patch was to be here ITS STILL NOT READY!

dont get me wrong i want them to get the patch right but come on now, my cousin with down syndrome can program faster than your multi-million dollar corp team of programers can

Comment

Originally posted by GoodZa
        my cousin with down syndrome can program faster than your multi-million dollar corp team of programers can
        DICE got ownt right there.

Comment

I can't seem to vote on this topic.. says I already voted.

Comment

Having worked in the s/w development industry for over a decade, I can tell you FOR SURE that 2142 is a perfect example of sloppy programming. When EA was developing FIFA soccer and NBA basket on its own, at least the games worked as they should and almost never crashed, although was FIFA always far behind NBA in terms of user interface and gameplay (not to mention graphics). But now with DICE, the game won't even run normally due to countless networking glitches and bugs. If the 1.40 patch is not out by the end of Sept the game is doomed, a lot of new FPS games are coming up very soon.

Comment

I agree, If nothing new is released by the end of this month, the new FPS games will take over

Comment

how many people post on this site alone say that because of EA/DICE's lack of communication and updates that they will no longer be playing the game, and the most disturbing thing is that a lot of those players are bf2 vets. EA/DICE needs to start reading these forums to see how much of a negitive impact they're customer service is having on the product.

some how i think this is the end of the glory days for the battlefield saga, unless bf3 does a complete 180 from 2142 it looks like the end is less than a year away.....

Comment

DICE hasn't been very active with the community recently, the only DICE posts I've seen in the past month are on the Off-topic forum.

I'll be moving on to newer games the end of this year.

Comment

[Dice]CKMC do read this forum regularly and know whats going on but he can't comment.

I might be wrong but every single post made from every Dice member that had a patch info were deleted. I remember posts from them about spawn beacon, gunship, assault and support guns tweaks under current analysis and other 1.4+ stuff but I cannot find them anymore.

Comment

why would they be deleted??? total staff any help here????

Comment

They would be removed because they were comments on unreleased updates and/or works in progress. These things change and it's often better not to talk about something which is hampering development or can't be implemented within a reasonable time.

Honestly, I'm expecting a 'surprise' announcement. If they don't have something in the works besides their new Mirror's Edge game (read: BF3 or 2142 content), I'm moving on.

About Mirror's Edge

Comment

Im suprised (if the DICE members still look at this forum) that they havent said anything in here.

Speak up you ****ers!

Im sick of this game because you.

Comment

I wish DICE would give us an update on how the patch is progressing. I mean, if the patch was expected to be out by the end of July, isn't it a bit unprofessional (for lack of a better word, and I tried to find one) to not give some sort of news update? Yet, here we are in mid-September, and the patch is apparently in perpetual suspense.

Comment

If all the original 1.40 related posts from DICE on this forum and others have been removed, and no DICE employee has spoken of the patch for months, i think its pretty clear that 1.40 IS NOT COMING, they have moved on to battlefield bad company now, 1.25 is the last patch for 2142 same as 1.41 is for BF2.

Comment

I don't know what you guys are on about. Sasquatch and the Loch Ness monster are playing version 1.41 as we speak (when they're not playing Duke Nukem Forever, that is).

~Wolfgang

Comment

Working...
                                X