Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I alomost forgot ........

How good this game actually is.
    I started playing the BF series with the release of BF2 (CS:S before that), and loved it then 2142 came out and i started to play and LOVE the feel of the game. Then i did a BAD thing........

I stopped playing and started playing WoW.

As any WoW player will tell you it is stupidly addictive and BF2142 got dropped form my playing list.

But now I have got my WoW char up to the top lvl and was board running around aimless, so I decided to slip my BF2142 disc in. After downloading patches, which annoyed me slightly, I was back on the battlefield.

So now it is time for you guys to pay the price and be part of my 1.25 KDR.

God it feels good to be back. :salute:

Welcome back to the Battlefield soldier.

What exactly is so addictive about WoW?

Comment

Originally posted by Micster View Post
      I agree, I tried one of the free trials and just couldn't get into it.

Comment

"What is so addictive about WoW"

Thats is a good question.

I think for me it has to be the playability, by this i smean there is ALWAYS an alterative!! You are never stuck to one thing!
        For me it is the fact that it is almost never ending. Dunno what every1 else see's in it but thats what it is for me!

Comment

Originally posted by mozno1 View Post
          So now it is time for you guys to pay the price and be part of my 1.25 KDR.
          ohhh Noes. Yes this is why i have not touched WoW I'll get addicted.

Comment

I did a similar thing. I was playing the day it came out when I was in Korea (USAF) and decided that since I suck that maybe a new keyboard and mouse would help. So I ordered a G15 keyboard and G5 mouse around halloween, and slowly quit playing in anticipation of my new equipment. Well, it never showed. I was so looking forward to it that 2142 took a backdoor, then with work and friends it was easy to forget. Got back to the states and spun back up the ol' Baur in July and have been having a blast since.

I still need a new keyboard and mouse....

Comment

Me, my wife, my 17 year old son and 14 year old daughter were addicted to WoW for well over a year.

It's endless because you can ALWAYS upgrade your character with better gear. It's VERY social if you want it to be and It serves as a great escape. Too great in fact.

I always refer to the quote that it's hopelessly addictive for obsessive compulsives that love to optimize.

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos View Post
                ...So I ordered a G15 keyboard and G5 mouse around halloween, and slowly quit playing in anticipation of my new equipment. Well, it never showed...
                Don't forget to get a decent mousepad also since this is often overlooked. I got myself a G5 recently and took a fair amount of time re-tuning my reflexes to this mouse (it is so much lighter than my previous mouse which made it so hard to control until I got used to the new lighter weight). In the process I tried out a number of mousepads from the cheapies $10 pads to the so called "professional" or "gaming" mousepads at $100+ and finally settled on a $20 pad from RocketFish. It may seem I'm spending too much effort over a mouse/mousepad but I don't mind seeing my SCAR 11 accuracy climb from 13% to 24%... and still climbing (I'm training a newly created soldier:salute, and every other rifle accuracy have increased by at least 50%:yay:

BTW, I mainly bought the G5 for the sensitivity adjustment... but ended up not using it at all in-game. The sensitivity adjustment is very helpful in other respect on my triple-screen setup but it only added a distraction for me in-game.

Comment

"So I ordered a G15 keyboard and G5 mouse"

OMG i have that keyboard and mouse and it was the best purchase i made i a while.

"I mainly bought the G5 for the sensitivity adjustment... but ended up not using it at all in-game."

I would have to disagree with this i think that they adjustment is awsome for example, 400DPI for sniping, 700 - 800 for genral play, and 1500 - 1600 for rotating tanks and gun implacements.

I would have to agree with the theory of a high grade mouse matt, i use a Nova Raider wich was around £20 at the time.

Moz

Comment

Originally posted by mozno1 View Post
                    "I mainly bought the G5 for the sensitivity adjustment... but ended up not using it at all in-game."

I would have to disagree with this i think that they adjustment is awsome for example, 400DPI for sniping, 700 - 800 for genral play, and 1500 - 1600 for rotating tanks and gun implacements.
                    I've been playing mostly run-n-gun assault so switching back and forth actually slowed me down. I'll definitely try it again when I go back into playing as sniper or when I get back into into armors.

Comment

Originally posted by Micster View Post
                      Welcome back to the Battlefield soldier.

As a former WoWaddict myself, I find it hard to explain. It's just fun to run around in a huge 12 pixel world and own the horde. Until you hit the level cap. Yay, now we can all go grind the same enemy again and again for 324352 weeks. I quit because of this. WoW's graphics are utlra ugly, it costs money, and all you do is grind grind grind. Sometimes you grind with 40 people, which they suddenly call "raiding". The bosses are a joke. They follow the exact same pattern again and again and again. The bosses should be more like teh BIOSHOCK! I just bought Bioshock. Beautiful game... haven't played anything like this in quite a while (3-4 years). The bosses in that game, called Big daddies, THOSE are tough bosses. Holy crap, I just spent 20 minutes dodging a Big daddy which is about as easy trying to bunyhop through a corridor with 20 defenders. Intense....

btw I have no clue why I was telling this but oh well... it's early in Holland.

Comment

Originally posted by RMcLeod View Post
                        I agree, I tried one of the free trials and just couldn't get into it.
                        i admit that i used to be HOOKED to Runescape but that was a long time ago, i look back now and dont really see why it was so addictive, but something is there.

Comment

Working...
                        X