Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hard would the following be for the developers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard would the following be for the developers?

How hard would it be to…
    • Stop force spawning me when I am configuring my kit or spawn?

Not automatically look for servers when I navigate through the menu?

Make a separate, slightly larger, chat window?

Stop sentry guns from shooting trough the walls on the titan?

Force launch on the titan pods, like on the horizontal ones?

Have a list of reasons, or one you can type yourself, when initiating a vote?

Add “titan movement” to the list of options for the advanced server search?

Give the commander the ability to talk to more people on voip?

Have VoIP for the people in a vehicle?

Make larger/ smaller, titan maps for 48 and 16 players? (just give or take a silo and a couple of vehicles)

Make FF=Off not apply when damaging yourself?

Add "stop/ halt" to the comm rose

Allow us to chat when the match is over and extend the minimum time before the next round starts?

Give us the ability to spot railguns and AA-guns?

A bunch of things I get so frustrated over. I'm not suggesting six legged striders or "have the ultimate solution to weapon balance". I don't see how these things were not in the game to begin with, or how any of them can make the gameplay worse?

Well, according to DICE's level of intelligence... Umm that would be impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Strike1.Tango View Post
      Force launch on the titan pods, like on the horizontal ones?
      This would be a great update for them to apply. Lately, like the past couple of months I've been getting well ticked at the people who just seem to block up the titan pods. I've been having these rounds where I couldn't get in a pod and the enemy titans been close enough to directly pod onto. It's not like they're super busy and people keep getting in before me, I mean someone is just sitting in the pod for ages and ages, longer than me or my other team mates running frantically around the deck can be arsed waiting. If it was real I'd shoot them for being traitors and helping the enemy :salute:

I've wondered why they haven't done this for ages, would be especially good with Commander vote kicks. Usually when people explain it in the chat window it scrolls by way to quick to keep up with.

Have VoIP for the people in a vehicle?
      This would of been well handy sooo many times "SHOOT THAT GUY WHOS RUNNING UP THE SIDE OF US" and "SHOOT THAT DAM HELO THATS COMING UP ON US", I've been a pilot more and more lately and that last one is something I'm shouting to myself most of the time shortly before dying and getting narked at my gunner.

Make FF=Off not apply when damaging yourself?
      The end of the RDX kiddies

extend the minimum time before the next round starts?
      Those servers with 45 second+ pauses before matches are waaay boring when you have your kit configured already...

I'm not suggesting six legged striders
      would be cool tho (dice, nudge nudge)

Comment

Force spawning when customizing can be avoided by not selecting a spawn point on map (click away from a spawn point before starting customizing).

Smaller titan maps might be too chaotic if titan movement is possible and even more if you can put 48+ players in a small sized titan map due potential system and connection performance issues.

On that list you should add why I cannot reduce the size of dots in minimap.

Comment

Good list. Keep dreaming.

I've always wondered why they couldn't either have scroll bars on the chat window or a separate scrolling area for all the in-game spam or maybe a server setting just to turn off the text of voice emotes.

Comment

Stop force spawning me when I am configuring my kit or spawn?
            Stop sentry guns from shooting trough the walls on the titan?
            Add “titan movement” to the list of options for the advanced server search?
            Give us the ability to spot railguns and AA-guns?
            Especially agree on these ones. Actually, the only reason I care about titan movement is to get engineer repair badges. I still don't have silver.

Comment

I hate it when some jackass sits in the titan pods ;why do it ?

Comment

The start time is already a setting that can be changed. Most servers don't bother to change it.

Comment

/signed

oh and 2142 needs behirs.

Comment

what the heck is that??

On topic: NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Dont EVER ask dice to change anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...they'll just screw it up

Comment

Originally posted by Arid View Post
                      NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Dont EVER ask dice to change anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...they'll just screw it up
                      Hmm, I dunno, overall the 2142 patches have made MUCH more progress then the patches in BF2... I mean, they've already made it past the point where they create a problem for everything they fix, now it's like they create a problem for every 5 things they fix... so, it's getting better :laugh:

actually come to think of it, what went wrong with the last patch? Only thing I can think of is the bouncing recoil of the LMG's (and I noticed no real difference in performance... mostly because I sucked with LMG's to begin with :|

Comment

How hard would it be to…
                        • Give us the ability to spot railguns and AA-guns?
                        The rest of the list sounds good but I don't know what spotting railguns and AA will buy you since they're stationary and are always in the same place. Haven't we all memorized their locations already?

Comment

Originally posted by DeathEngineer View Post
                          The rest of the list sounds good but I don't know what spotting railguns and AA will buy you since they're stationary and are always in the same place. Haven't we all memorized their locations already?
                          When someone is in one, they are removed from the map. Also when you look at it and click "spotted", it will only be spotted as "enemy infantry". This is annoying if you are in a vehicle and the one driving or controlling the necessary weapons to take it out is not aware of it's presence. This combined with no vehicle voip.

Comment

Excellent requests, though I somewhat doubt it would ever happen, at least anytime soon.

Comment

Also the ability to look at past messages. Like an inbox and outbox.

Comment

Working...
                              X