admin options for joining squads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admin options for joining squads

I remember i was on a server before that gave you 90 seconds to join a squad or get kicked, I believe it was auto admin and not a person checking because at like 30 second intervals it would warn you only 60, 30 seconds left to join a squad before being kicked. Just wondering if it is possible and how to do it.

The Tactical Gamer servers right? It's probably just an easy script, ask them and they might let you use it.

Comment

They dont ....

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
        The Tactical Gamer servers right? It's probably just an easy script, ask them and they might let you use it.
        It was not an easy script for them to come up with and took a lot of effort on their part to get it just right. Whether or not you could just copy and paste it into your modmanager.con file doesn't really matter as they don't want to share it. Honestly, I can't blame them. They put forth the effort to develop it and it is something that sets them apart from all the rest and they have every right to keep it for themselves.

However, there's no one stopping you from developing a script of your own.

Comment

Maybe something like...

You need to identify each player with a number from 1- 64
          Then identifiy each squad with a number such as:
          1= Alpha
          2 = Bravo
          3 = Charlie
          etc

then:

Countdown script 60 - 0
          When counter = 40 say 40 seconds left
          When counter = 20 say 20 seconds left
          When counter = 0 if player #(Insert number) Squad = <1 then kick
          if player #(Insert number) Squad = >1 then ignore

Do that with each player.

I'm no good at coding or scripting myself, but I think something like that may work.
          Just an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Skates View Post
            It was not an easy script for them to come up with and took a lot of effort on their part to get it just right. Whether or not you could just copy and paste it into your modmanager.con file doesn't really matter as they don't want to share it. Honestly, I can't blame them. They put forth the effort to develop it and it is something that sets them apart from all the rest and they have every right to keep it for themselves.

However, there's no one stopping you from developing a script of your own.
            actually they are proud of their work and shared it

Comment

Okay, so maybe it isn't so easy to make. Why don't you ask Bommando if TG will share it? And if they don't, you could always make your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Burbaq View Post
                I remember i was on a server before that gave you 90 seconds to join a squad or get kicked, I believe it was auto admin and not a person checking because at like 30 second intervals it would warn you only 60, 30 seconds left to join a squad before being kicked. Just wondering if it is possible and how to do it.
                It's a modmanager script that TG developed. It's obviously possible to do if you've seen it before, but you're going to have to ask Bommando if he'll share it with you or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Burbaq View Post
                  actually they are proud of their work and shared it
                  Sorry, I was mistaken. I had remembered something he had said. It wasn't that he didn't want to share them. Just that it would be extremely hard to.

Originally posted by Bommando View Post
                  Yeah, we have a custom script painstakingly written by our resident code monkey.

While we'd love to share the scripts, they are built on quite a complex web service framework which is central to all of our BF servers. This includes our reserved slot system, squadless kick, hash / IP / PID logging and automatic notification messages. As such, it would be a nightmare to provide support for such a system, since there is no documentation and it's all in the developer's head

Comment

Skates is mostly correct.

The old BF2 server Squadless Kick Script is freely available. I'm sure this can be used with BF2142 with the right access to your server files and a little modification.

However, our newest implementation of the scripts is far more complex and uses a client / server interface from a dedicated external machine to evaluate players. It's also tied in with our own reserved slots script and player hash logging system. This environment requires its own server to run and consists of upwards of 200 hours of work by our dedicated codemonkey Panzerhans. To distribute and support it is simply not within our abilities mostly due to time commitments. You can imagine the investment of free time it would take to help everyone provision, set up, install and troubleshoot the scripts. As much as we love the community, it's just not feasible

Hopefully the above link will be helpful and we encourage others to implement this system if they are able

Comment

Working...
                    X