• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HEFO View Post
    82ID server randomizes players every round. But its camp G only

OT: zyml, nice rank
    sry, its 82ndID not 82ID

Randomizing teams make the game more ballanced

Comment

addicted-2-gaming 24/7 Suez randomizes teams. Not sure of their servers.

Comment

Hey now that we are on this subject. Is it possible for a server to prevent people from switching teams? I ask only because I was playing the other day and we lost three in a row then we must have won about 15 in a row. Usually I get team switched to the losing team but I didnt once. I know the server had auto balance on and I wasn't in a squad every round. It was nice to be on the losing team then turn things around and stay with that team .

Comment

We run autobalance and team randomize. Makes for much more competitive matches, without question. Does it break up squads? Yes. So what. Make new ones.

Originally posted by saurus View Post
          Hey now that we are on this subject. Is it possible for a server to prevent people from switching teams? I ask only because I was playing the other day and we lost three in a row then we must have won about 15 in a row. Usually I get team switched to the losing team but I didnt once. I know the server had auto balance on and I wasn't in a squad every round. It was nice to be on the losing team then turn things around and stay with that team .
          No, I've never heard of or seen a server setting like that.

Comment

Were using it on our server along with auto balance.

Yea, it messes up the squad play some, but it makes the games more interesting and not one sided. Some of my friends end up on the other side anyway, so might as well mix it up some.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Seppuku View Post
              ... autobalance and team randomize ... Makes for much more competitive matches ... break up squads? Yes. So what. Make new ones.
              ...snip...
              Sep's hit the nail on the head in term's of game play. Now, I do understand the desire to play in the same squad with a close friend, but you still have the opportunity to be on the same side again within a couple of rounds.

IMO I only like this on large Conquest servers or any Titan server because of what VT_Nerd mentions in his response. To paraphrase, he mentions some folks can get screwed on Assault maps like Berlin when they are forced to assault as PAC in succession. This is so very true.

The use of autobalance and team randomize is best IMO on Belgrade. In fact, I'd love to see a 24/7 Belgrade 64 Slot server. (wink-wink) :nod:

Ultimate fantasy: a Double Assault 64-slot Berlin 24/7...
              ...if we could only change game modes... Both sides with an uncap (or not!) :shock:

Comment

Hi zyml,

I do understand where you're coming from, but in easg we have an extra layer of complexity....the VIP reserve slot issue. and since only fragnetics sets the algo on who gets knocked out when a VIP joins...you can never really say how the clan players like me join our buddies or any side for that matter.

I do notice this much...by having a VIP account with fragnetics and when i click the join buddy in bf2142, i stand a high chance of actually joining my buddy in the same team. fact is most of us like to play together as buddies in a same squad...regardless of win/loss. and we do see the pubbers get owned as they may be less organised. but most of us normally stand by our side win/lose, we just want to play together in a squad as friends. no ill intent.

Comment

Its a shame no servers have it.

Comment

I don't mind randomized teams. Like others said, it makes you work with different people. You take on new strategies. Plus, that guy that just killed me 500 times last round, now suddenly ends up on my team and can just stand there and stare him in the face and he can't do anything........oh, sorry, I digress. :|:

The thing I hate is being switched teams mid round. You spend half the round trying to subdue and suppress the other team, only having to now undo everything you did. Like blowing up commander assets. I now have to spawn as an engi and go fix all the things I just got through destroying.

Comment

Originally posted by kennethtancy View Post
                      Hi zyml,

I do understand where you're coming from, but in easg we have an extra layer of complexity....the VIP reserve slot issue. and since only fragnetics sets the algo on who gets knocked out when a VIP joins...you can never really say how the clan players like me join our buddies or any side for that matter.

I do notice this much...by having a VIP account with fragnetics and when i click the join buddy in bf2142, i stand a high chance of actually joining my buddy in the same team. fact is most of us like to play together as buddies in a same squad...regardless of win/loss. and we do see the pubbers get owned as they may be less organised. but most of us normally stand by our side win/lose, we just want to play together in a squad as friends. no ill intent.
                      Sometimes you just wished that Fragnetics / EA SG would do more, but I guess we'll just leave it at that as they have more important issues to solve (eg. lag issue).

Hopefully we could see less base raping in the server in the future.

Comment

I love playing on that server, have done a few times now.

Comment

Yep that server seems to. I use it fairly often and its a good server.

Comment

Working...
                          X