No announcement yet.

Idea to make ghost more popular

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cmon, i don't think any of these things would actually work. the ghost is useful, but more difficult to use than these slot4 unlocks you guys are on about. recon already gets the advanced spotting abilities thanks to their netbat, and seeing as they have sniper rifles you certainly don't need binoculars. only thing you could do is increase the radius in which the ghost works, to say... 80m?

the gruber and all the other recon unlocks are extremely useful, given the job of your chosen player class. recon is without doubt the most versatile character on the board

Comment

i use it, i will say it is not as effective in a 32 man camp g server as it would be playing 64 man suez though. player count and map kinda help or hurt using it.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardDawkins View Post
        the ghost is useful, but more difficult to use than these slot4 unlocks you guys are on about. recon already gets the advanced spotting abilities thanks to their netbat, and seeing as they have sniper rifles you certainly don't need binoculars.
        you are missing the point. if this game was designed properly, recon wouldve had a stock slot4 technical support item just like the other three kits have service support items. why is it that recon is the only kit that cant perform service support. is advanced intel not support? sure it is. they should have gotten points for some form of keeping the team informed imo. and the commander shoulda had less all seeing eye ability and more command and control ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Smith View Post
          active camo is in no way the least useful recon item. for vanilla the stabilizer is gimmicky garbage. and for northern strike, the decoy is a joke, doesnt work at all. besides, active camo plays an integral role in using rdx on armor.

i would say that recon needs something it can get points from and comes stock, like repair/ammo/medical. those three things are what is called service support. service support is something that aids a team, without actually fighting. so what is the primary purpose of recon aside from fighting irl? you guessed it, gathering intel on the enemy and combat fire control. i would propose that binoculars that do advanced spotting for points would cover that base. it could have some other cool features like target designation and dystec. (btw the dystec really does suck imo.)
          Dude, the camo is not the Ghost... the Ghost is the 'decoy' as you say that is a "joke" as you rightly said. Compared to the other Recon unlocks that is. Especially since using it requires you have APMs in most cases, unless you're trying to snipe the people who go to it.

Personally, if the Ghost can't be the slot 4 item, then auto spot binoculars would be cool too. Or, binoculars that don't auto spot, but can see farther into the fog.

Comment

ohhh i get it now. i thought he was just calling camo the wrong thing. anyhow ya my opinion on the matter still hasent changed. intelligence support for slot4 or no slot4 at all. the decoy is just one of many useless/redundant/limited-use/rpgish style unlocks that noobifys this game imo.

Comment

I don't know what everyone is on about, I like the ghost... though a radar scrambler would be nice.

Comment

Working...
              X