Idea to make ghost more popular

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea to make ghost more popular

Well we all know the Ghost is one of Recon's most unused items, and we all know the other kits get a 4th slot item (heal/supply hub and repair tool) but Recon doesn't.

So, put two and two together, Recon gets the Ghost instead of a health/ammo hub (once unlocked)

That way anyone who unlocks it won't have to miss out on a spot to use it, and the way the Ghost actually works doesn't have to be changed. It's popularity will rise.

Discuss.

I dont know, did you read the recent thread in tips and trick, showed how to use the ghost very effectively.

Comment

I'd rather have the Gruber in that slot. It's a half-passive unlock anyways.

Comment

I think that would make Recon overpowered. The Ghost can already be used rather effectively anyway.

Comment

Ridiculously overpowered.

Comment

Originally posted by Voop_Bacon View Post
            I dont know, did you read the recent thread in tips and trick, showed how to use the ghost very effectively.
            Oh I know how to use it, but no one does use it.

In fact, I've never seen it being used before. That's why I suggested this.

Comment

I use it. drop it with a apm then go do some sniping. you sit back and watch them go after the bait

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
                Well we all know the Ghost is one of Recon's most unused items, and we all know the other kits get a 4th slot item (heal/supply hub and repair tool) but Recon doesn't.

So, put two and two together, Recon gets the Ghost instead of a health/ammo hub (once unlocked)

That way anyone who unlocks it won't have to miss out on a spot to use it, and the way the Ghost actually works doesn't have to be changed. It's popularity will rise.

Discuss.
                All the slot 4 items are "support" tools which can also benefit the rest of the team.
                If Recon gets a slot 4 item, then that should not benefit only the user.
                I suggest something like a deployable scrambler that disables all UAV like activity in an area.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki View Post
                  All the slot 4 items are "support" tools which can also benefit the rest of the team.
                  I suggest something like a deployable scrambler that disables all UAV like activity in an area.
                  I was thinking that, but then what's the purpose of the Ghost? Sure you won't be able to lay traps, but for your average sniper not being seen at all on radar is more important.

Comment

Actually, that's an excellent idea.
                    The problem is that EA, in an effort to "balance" things, would make that scrambled area visible to all of the enemy.

Comment

It is a great idea. And still would be effective if the enemy knew it was being used. The minimap could show some kind of corruption. The affected soldiers would know that their netbat was being scrambled but wouldn't know exactly who by and where they were.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
                        I was thinking that, but then what's the purpose of the Ghost? Sure you won't be able to lay traps, but for your average sniper not being seen at all on radar is more important.
                        Recon would need to lose an unlock anyway to make room for the scambler, so the Ghost would be obsolete and removed.
                        I don't know exactly how the rest of the unlocks should be rearranged to make room in the standard "tool" slot

If it were to work like the other "type 4" unlocks then recon would always have the basic "scrambler hub", and then an advanced upgrade with bigger range.

To balance it a bit the Pulsemeter / Otus could be unaffected since they work differently.
                        That would also improve their value a lot.

Comment

active camo is in no way the least useful recon item. for vanilla the stabilizer is gimmicky garbage. and for northern strike, the decoy is a joke, doesnt work at all. besides, active camo plays an integral role in using rdx on armor.

i would say that recon needs something it can get points from and comes stock, like repair/ammo/medical. those three things are what is called service support. service support is something that aids a team, without actually fighting. so what is the primary purpose of recon aside from fighting irl? you guessed it, gathering intel on the enemy and combat fire control. i would propose that binoculars that do advanced spotting for points would cover that base. it could have some other cool features like target designation and dystec. (btw the dystec really does suck imo.)

Comment

Camo should be in the forth slot.
                            "I help my team by stabing enemies in the back!"

(Joking, BTW)

Originally posted by Roger Smith View Post
                            active camo is in no way the least useful recon item. for vanilla the stabilizer is gimmicky garbage. and for northern strike, the decoy is a joke, doesnt work at all. besides, active camo plays an integral role in using rdx on armor.

i would say that recon needs something it can get points from and comes stock, like repair/ammo/medical. those three things are what is called service support. service support is something that aids a team, without actually fighting. so what is the primary purpose of recon aside from fighting irl? you guessed it, gathering intel on the enemy and combat fire control. i would propose that binoculars that do advanced spotting for points would cover that base. it could have some other cool features like target designation and dystec. (btw the dystec really does suck imo.)

Agreed, camo is quite useful, especially on armor.

Though binoculars seem kinda gimicky....but what else could it be.....

You should make a new thread "4th slot for recon?".

I would make it, but then again, I don't want to be the one to start the flame war!

Comment

well as long as said 4th slot is giving some kind of RECON SUPPORT for points, i honestly dont care what it is, as long as they have to have it in thier hands like the other kits. i dont want said fourth slot to be some random **** that doesnt apply to helping your team by giving them advanced intel because that would be illogical and bad for the already ****ed up gameplay.

Comment

Working...
                              X