Should Smoke Nades get a Buff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Digital-Boy View Post
    Are the engineers of the future that clever? I mean, they have EMP technology that scrambles a foot soldier's HUD, but no one had the foresight to allow soldiers to remove their electronic visors.
    lol, the future just got pwned xD
    hey, its EA :P you really think its realistic? heck, by 2142, the technology will be WAY better... the game feels about 20 years from now instead of 100 :P (just "looks" futuristic)

Comment

Originally posted by TacoManSupreme` View Post
      lol, the future just got pwned xD
      hey, its EA :P you really think its realistic? heck, by 2142, the technology will be WAY better... the game feels about 20 years from now instead of 100 :P (just "looks" futuristic)
      Heh, the technology today is already more advance then that. Maybe we don't have hover tanks, Titans, and walkers but that would only be to the disadvantage.Today's military technology is about quickness, stealth, and precision. Titans would be a simple target to blow up to pieces. Hover tanks would be probably impossible to maneuver on steep terrains. Walkers... lol big target with LEGS! A grenade would probably cause a big enough blast to tip that thing over.

Comment

:O in my mod i have this gray/brown smoke wich actually pwns alot lol you cant see anything anymore if you throw 2 of them

Comment

well how about a sort of EMP grenade with no friendly fire, that causes visor black outs and white noise?...

most people would still take the PK-74's over it >_>

Comment

so many of these suggestions are so good, i can't see why they are never implemented. all i can think is that dice/whoever are worried about having overpowered items... but the simple fact is that by chosing smoke in the first place, you are giving up one of the assault's de facto choices - pk or defib. silly really

Comment

How about...combined with more smoke, it also wipes you off the radar if you're standing in it...a UAV wouldn't be able to "see" you if you're in smoke right? Dunno about the IDS...what does it use to operate?

Comment

ids operates through hartbeats so :P

Comment

yeah..meh...well..at least it'd work against UAV

Comment

I think i read somewhere the smoke meeses with sentries. Like they cant track while in smoke. Anyway, I still Would Like R6 style (plus the "hide frome UAV") or a flashbang.

Comment

having more smoke in the smoke nade would be very good to have when like squad members are down you can revive throw a smoke nade that covers the are you threw it at and you have succesfull revives

Comment

If none of you have noticed, there's a difference between 2142 UAVs and today's. The new one's in the game use radar, I believe, and probably thermal imaging (which smoke might interfere with, but not too badly) so radar is fool proof, unless they are jamming it or have stealth technology inside the smoke.

I think smoke needs to be like in CoD2 (you can try the demo to see). You through the 'nade, it starts spewing smoke, you have a thin wisp, as time ticks by it gets thicker and larger until maybe 10-15 seconds later you have a cloud of smoke able to blot out at least half of a titan cargo bay (the lower part where you enter).

Comment

I remember throwing all 4 of my smoke nades into a house in CoD 2 and having to wait for like an hour for it to clear out.

Longer than now, but shorter than CoD's

Comment

lol I remember when I got call of duty 3, i threw all 6 of my smoke nades and the whole freakin map was covered in smoke.

Comment

I am all for COD2-like smoke grenades. Maybe make them not resuppliable. Only when you respawn you get another one.

Comment

i no have idea why use smoke nades...is better to take herzog/rockets to kill more enemies.:shoot::ar15:

Comment

Working...
                                X