Infantry....Infantry...Infantry ARGGGGHHH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nemesis908 View Post
    I know what you mean about Camp.G, it's my most played map and it really used to piss me off when some bollockless idiot got in the Walker. About mid-way/towards the end of my time on 2142 whenever i played that map, i would start as an Engineer and rig the place with Motion mines and EMP mines.

My favourite Vehicle is the FAV, and i really dont mind them on Infantry maps, because they leave the driver vulnerable, they're handy, and uber fun.
    Wow, a few post where I see eye to eye with you.

Yes, FAV's are great, mostly because of the balance they have. The fact you can blow them up with just about anything, or shoot someone out of it.

I really don't see vehicles that much of an issuse. Mostly, because I play Recon. Sniper rifle and c-4 is about all you need. If you can get good enough to no scope and use the rifle at a close range, that makes it ALMOST the most well rounded kit. You have long range and short range one shot kills all, plus you can destroy anything.

I just want to have people play FoB without spawn raping.

Comment

Hey guys mind voting in this poll?

[/shameless thread promotion ]

Comment

I voted already, scumbag. If people are interested in taking polls they will find one in the polls section, you dont need to plug it anywhere else.

Comment

Sometimes I, too, prefer wide-open battlefields with lots of vehicle action, i.e. "classic" battlefield design.

What I wonder is why there are plenty of infantry / city map only servers, but virtually no conquest vehicle map only servers. Most servers running the large maps run them either in a mix with the small maps, or in Titan mode. There must be more people like LanDodger and me who prefer these maps, so there is definetly a demand for such servers.

Comment

cos i guess competitive gaming is based around more level-playing-field infantry combat. if you put a car in cs there would be rioting in the streets. because you can kill me with a tank doesn't impress me much... good as you might be

Comment

Originally posted by Tetris L
              Sometimes I, too, prefer wide-open battlefields with lots of vehicle action, i.e. "classic" battlefield design.

What I wonder is why there are plenty of infantry / city map only servers, but virtually no conquest vehicle map only servers. Most servers running the large maps run them either in a mix with the small maps, or in Titan mode. There must be more people like LanDodger and me who prefer these maps, so there is definetly a demand for such servers.
              Thats an interesting question.
              Maybe because the large conquest maps still require a lot of infantry players to fill up?
              And I think infantry players might dislike these maps becasue it can be difficult to move between flags. I titan mode you can almost always grab a pod or transport.

Anyway I don't understand why it must be conquest maps, aren't there plenty of vehicles in the large Titan maps?

Comment

Not as many. The large conquest maps have extra vehicles, and sometimes extra aircraft.

They also have a very different "flow" because of the different objectives.

Hey, how many of you guys who would like to to see some armor battles on the big conquest maps have good pings to Texas? I could put together an "Armored Fury" rotation to test-fly, and if people like it we could run it once or twice a week...

Comment

Well the conquest maps have a lot more vehicles to go around and theres no fortress in the sky spamming you to death

its a welcome change to have a nice big battle and not have to worry about the wtfpwned spam cannons or some random guy podding across the map and mowing you

the vehicle conquest maps are just a lot of fun, the titan ones are as well it just depends on your modd i suppose sometimes i wont mid the titan in teh sky but other times eett will enerrraaagee mee alhjadjfhdsafjsdf ARHGAR

Comment

>_< i was on a server that played suez etc in conquest with all vehicles aswell i think it was 24/7 aswell so it wont change to camp g (which i love playing but also dont O.o weird eh)

next time im on il try find it

(uk server i believe)

Comment

What I've floated with my guys is the idea of doing more specialized rotations on alternating days- like two days each of Titan (most maps) Armored Fury (Big Conquest maps) and Urban Combat (city maps, obviously) with a day of Northern Strike.

Right now we just do a mix of pretty much everything, and populate after work ET. (So, any time form 6:00 pm ET on.)

If some other folks in my clan want to give that a go, I'll post something here about it...

Comment

We have in the past tried running only the "Armor" maps on both the 64 and 32 man sizes, (Suez/Shuhia/Sidi/Verdun/Minsk) but it has never enjoyed the same success as our servers that are just Titan, NS, or Camp G. I just put up a Suez/Shuhia server, 32 man, with 2x ea, switch sides after each round, and Battle Recorder. It is in Dallas so should ping well for most.

IP: 74.53.202.70:17567
                        Name: =NfB= 24/7 Suez -Shuhia

Comment

Working...
                        X