No announcement yet.

Patch 1.25 did not equalize the gunships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To keep track that the gunships issue is not new.

JIC, 1.40 beta did not fix this issue. In another gunship related post (search for soloing tips) , I predicted that true gunship balances will not happen in 2 more patches after 1.25 and looks like 1.40 will miss it.

Comment

They dont seem imbalanced to me, I was using the doragon today and found it quite easy to destroy the talon......

Comment

Originally posted by Therealmat View Post
        They dont seem imbalanced to me, I was using the doragon today and found it quite easy to destroy the talon......
        "Today" (?)

Try every day against good pilots...

You can start against me or Ghiblian while we are in Talon.

When I was in Doragon against him, my rockets circled widely over his Talon and his shields blocked them while in my turn to receive, they landed almost every time even with my shield enabled (yeah, he kept owning me all the round ).

Comment

Originally posted by Biotech2142 View Post
          they landed almost every time even with my shield enabled (yeah, he kept owning me all the round ).
          To this day, I wasn't sure that gunships' active defense worked against homing missiles because it always seemed I took damage from them even with active defense engaged. Maybe I wasn't just imagining it?

Comment

sign my name under this petition please.

i don't fly often... but it really is very apparent that the eu gunship's rockets will hone-in, with simply shooting towards the other gunship.

if you're in the pac gunship, the rockets pretty much go straight so you gotta line up the other gunship spot on.

now, i'm no pro or even very good at the gunships.... but after logging a few hours into them after this 1.25 patch, the eu gunship is definately still much better.

you'll also notice that most of these top gunship whores will go onto a server and use the eu gunship only. once the round ends or they can't get the eu gunship, they leave the server and search for another until they get the eu gunship. gotta be a reason why they'll ONLY play with the eu one right? =)

Comment

Originally posted by Digital-Boy View Post
              To this day, I wasn't sure that gunships' active defense worked against homing missiles because it always seemed I took damage from them even with active defense engaged. Maybe I wasn't just imagining it?
              While on Doragon (PAC gunship) some or most Talon's (EU gunship) rockets hits you 80% of the time even with the shields enabled. The worst part is that they track better (no need to aim that much cuz' they are like magnets) and circle around air targets less than Doragon's (better chances to hit before exploding in air).

Comment

yup...it's still not balanced. doragon's missiles are still horrible at tracking talons. demize, if you don't believe us, why don't you try it for yourself and see? gosh is it so hard to find out for yourself? go into one of those 24/7 Suez canal servers and try flying the doragon and try shooting down talons. then try using the talon vs the doragon and you will see what all of our whining is about.

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical View Post
                  I preffer being gunner and have noticefd on several occasions that the tv missels go thru the talon without conecting
                  I have that happen when firing the TV missles at the transport too so maybe it is a problem with the TV missle.

Originally posted by Mech_Whore View Post
                  I will try my best to get you some video proof Demize.
                  Go to a server with Battle Recorder on and download it after the game. There are a few out there, including our Titan server. **cough-shameless plug-cough**

Comment

Originally posted by james_1991-fight View Post
                    I can take down talons easily, you just have to be patient and wait for the right time to shoot. I see no imbalance here. As far as im aware dice have done a good job here.
                    you see no imbalance it requiring timing to take out the talon, but the doragon can be hit at any time? really?

Comment

Originally posted by james_1991-fight View Post
                      I can take down talons easily, you just have to be patient and wait for the right time to shoot.
                      But Talon does not need to wait for the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
                        doragon's missiles are still horrible at tracking talons. demize, if you don't believe us, why don't you try it for yourself and see?
                        I have tried it, look at my stats and you can see my gunship time is pretty high. However, I'm not a great dogfighter so I'm willing to bet this is an issue that really only shows up when you're an excellent pilot. Help me out with some video that shows the difference so we can address it properly. Or a demo, that would work even better.

On a related note, how do the gunships compare when shooting at Transports?

Comment

demize. i dont remember exactly but i assure you they have a problem aswell.

ill gather a bunch of demos for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Demize99 View Post
                            On a related note, how do the gunships compare when shooting at Transports?
                            The weirdest thing is that Doragon seems to hit them better from any angle than Talon....

Comment

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aLInbp5vGiU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a_v4Qj1EOY4

these two you tube videos try to show it but ill see if i can get some better vids of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Smith View Post
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=aLInbp5vGiU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a_v4Qj1EOY4

these two you tube videos try to show it but ill see if i can get some better vids of it.
                                Those issues were sort of fixed in 1.25

We are discussing the remnant issues after that fix.

Comment

Working...
                                X