Patch 1.25 did not equalize the gunships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 1.25 did not equalize the gunships

I know many of you know this already, I just wanted to post in the hopes that DICE will post with their thoughts.

If the team over at DICE are patting themselves on the back after patch 1.25 saying "way to go guys, we really fixed the imbalance between the two gunships" they shouldn't be. Even after 1.25 the Talon is still vastly superior to the Doragon in many respects.

Yes it is true that 1.25 is better, but better does not equal fixed. Instead of missiles bouncing off the Talon, they now swirl endlessly around it, and if you're lucky 3 out of 10 will hit.

In you are in a Doragon vs. Talon:

Chasing from behind you are lucky to have half your shots hit the talon, whereas all his shots will hit you if the roles were reversed.

Face to face and headed towards each other good luck, none of them will hit the talon, whereas all his shots will hit you.

From higher and descending towards the talon, unless the talon is hovering, 2-3 will connect, whereas all his shots would hit.

The only two scenarios where you can hope to land 7-8 out of the 10 are when you are quite close and the talon is moving past you from one side to the other and you lead the target properly, or if the talon is climbing in altitude and you are already higher, and again you are quite close and you lead the target as it passes you.

There may be a few situations I have forgotten, but for the most part a Talon vs. Doragon is still a rather uneven fight even if both pilots are equal in skill.

What prompted this post was I was playing tonight on Suez and there was a rather good pilot on the other team. When he had the talon and I had the doragon, he won most (not all) battles. When I had the talon I owned his a$$. My only true feeling of pride was when he was EU and we capped both back bases so he was forced to steal one of our Doragon's. Twice, doragon vs. doragon I owned him.

So please DICE, don't start congratulating yourselves just yet. There is still alot of work to be done improving the equality of the two gunships, if you are up to it.

I preffer being gunner and have noticefd on several occasions that the tv missels go thru the talon without conecting

Comment

can anyone say j10 = talon? at least the gunship isnt as ferocious as a jet, i seriously quit bf2 cuz of the aa missiles.

Comment

nah, talon dosent have bombs......yet.

Comment

Video proof please? We hear this from a few players, but many many more suggest that they are balanced now.

Comment

I find it's a bit more hit and miss. Sometimes I'll line up my target and all 10 rockets hit no problem.

But last night whilst playing I came up directly behind a Talon that was hovering over a silo, I released a full salvo and every single round just shot past him or through him as if he wasn't there.

Comment

I will try my best to get you some video proof Demize. FRAPS slows down my PC like crazy but I will do my best. Have you ever wondered why missiles fly directly into the doragon but circle the talon endlessly before hitting? That should tell you right there there is an imbalance issue. When those circling missiles don't all connect, whereas they all would with the doragon, you have a major imbalance. On top of that the shields of the two are imbalanced as well. I have been shot down numerous times right after hitting shields in the doragon, never in the talon. I will try and get you video proof of that as well. I understand your need to verify all this but really, do you think I have nothing better to do with my time then come on here and invent all this?

Comment

Originally posted by Demize99 View Post
                Video proof please? We hear this from a few players, but many many more suggest that they are balanced now.
                ill try to get a video 2, it shouldnt be hard seeing as this problem isnt an every now and then type thing but a EVERY FREAKING TIME type thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical View Post
                  I preffer being gunner and have noticefd on several occasions that the tv missels go thru the talon without conecting
                  Very true, it just doesnt get picked up by any of the hit boxes.

Comment

cough j10 cough

Comment

I can take down talons easily, you just have to be patient and wait for the right time to shoot. I see no imbalance here. As far as im aware dice have done a good job here.

Comment

Cant you just copy all the coding for the dragon over and just change the skin?

Comment

it seems to be that common sense should have been used at the intial stage of programming - shouldnt the same gunship have been used but with different skins?correct me if IM wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Demize99 View Post
                            Many of them (the many) might be gunship noobs or are Talon exclusives like x=FAST=x who switches team and TK for it.

Below average gunship pilots will not notice what the OP said but anyone who has spent at least 50 hrs in a gunship will surely distinguish the imbalance.

Comment

only way to take down a talon in my experience is spamming tons of missiles at it from behind, they seem to fly around it and then hit like 10 seconds after firing but sometimes it doesnt work

otherwise you have to come from above or attack from the side

and even then the Talon is vastly more maneouverable, but that would be fine imo as long as the damned missiles would reg on it

Comment

Working...
                              X