Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHo is having problems connecting the first time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHo is having problems connecting the first time?

Fostered by another post in which several of us noticed we weren't alone - How many of you have to connect to a server twice?

The first attempt results in the music fading as you try to connect, but then you get a "connection lost" notice and you have to try a second time. The second attempt always works (unless the server is full).

Everything else is normal except the sudden appearence of the "random death message" bug.

I get this but with the initial log in screen. I haven't been able to play 2142 for over a month because of this. Everything other game works fine so I just live with it.

Comment

Yea this has happend to me to for some odd reason...

But i just click the server again and it logs me on...

Its no biggie.

Comment

Most of the time these days, but that's for Bf 2. Can't play Bf 2142 as I get CDT with the 1.40 patch, didn't back up, and can't be bothered re-installing - but it happened a lot there too, previously. It seems to be the "norm" for me.

Comment

Yeah same here, I thought I was the only one.

Comment

Ya, i always get a connection lost every time i pick a server for the 1st run.

Comment

Thank god somebody finaly made a topic about this

I started getting this problem in the 1.40 beta, so i did a complete clean deleat and reinstall to 1.25, and i am still getting it.

It happens exactly as JoeG describes it, i click on a server for the first time after loggin in, and the music fades assif its about to show the map loading screen, but it dusnt, and nuthing happens for about 5 seconds and then the "lost connection to server" message comes up and the music resumes.

Im not quite sure whats causing it, because it allways happens with the first server i click on, reguardless of what one it is, and after it happens i can click on the same server again, or a different one, and it will work as normal.

Its not realy a game breaking issue, but it sure is quite anoying, its never happened before, but now it happens in both 1.25 and 1.40, perhaps its a result of one of EA's little server maintenance days screwing something up.

Comment

just about everybody has this problem as so do i.

Comment

Glad to know it's not me. I was about ready to check my network, computer, and everything else to find the "problem". But then I realized I was too lazy for something that was an annoyance and not really an issue. Oddly enough, today was the first day in weeks it never happened. I wonder if it had anything to do with the 1.40beta in general. I never installed it, but...hmmmmm.....

Comment

never had it happen. is that normal?

Comment

Happening here:salute:

Comment

Same with me, but no death glitch and I have not installed 1.40 beta. I was getting used to joining a server twice....:laugh:

Comment

It's pretty much happening to everyone incluing me :cry:

Comment

i too am a victim of this. i noticed a week or two after i installed the 1.4 beta.

Comment

same here

Comment

Working...
                              X