Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Influx of snipers with amazing accuracy, is it just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Influx of snipers with amazing accuracy, is it just me?

So, over the last few days of playing, I have come across several different players who are able to go 30+ kills to maybe 5 deaths consistently. Now, that isn't an impossible feat, that's not my point. I'm talking about headshot after headshot on moving targets, even as they are running around the battlefield.

It all just seems a bit suspicious to me. They get the headshot every single time they fire, even when I'm running up or down rubble piles and in places I know is out of their line of sight. You'll meet them around a corner and bam, you're dead.

I don't ever accuse people of cheating, even though I've had my suspicions at times, so I normally just change servers when this happens. The thing that bugged me is that it seems to be happening more frequently. I encountered this 3 times over the past 2 days.

Is there some new exploit or trick that has just been discovered? No, I'm not asking how to do it, because I don't care, I'm just curious how they are pulling this off. Are these guys really that good?

I have wondered the same when i get sniped in the head while i am sprinting. But it usually just happens once per round. So i just chalk it up to them being good at hitting moving targets.

Comment

Cheats... Best bet is to find a good server that monitors for these activities, participates in punksbusted MBL and MD5 checks, like mine LOL, no but serious there are many out there.

This will aid in the reduction of exploiters/cheaters. Mark that as your favorite and only play there. Jumping around from server to server I too find this, thus I decided I would rather AFK in my own server to seed it than go around getting angry over the ammount of cheats/exploiters out there on the publics.

Comment

Play on servers with battlerecorder running, then watch the suspects afterwards.

Comment

Some snipers truly are that good, and some aren't.

Getting that headshot to sprinter is hard to do. Since i take the lead to enemy and follow him with my scope(most of snipers don't), i don't get those headshots to sprinters that often. But i hit to the torso almost every time.

You just need lot of practise. When you know that "sweet spot", then it's easier to do. But you still miss some of the shots.

:salute:

Comment

I've gotten a few (deliberate) headshots on sprinting targets, but they were sprinting towards/away from me, so it wasn't anywhere near as difficult as you might think. That's something else to keep in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical View Post
              I have wondered the same when i get sniped in the head while i am sprinting. But it usually just happens once per round. So i just chalk it up to them being good at hitting moving targets.
              yer but it depends on where the sniper is shootin from. If u r running away or towards him that is a very easy shot for most snipers

Comment

I sniped a few guys that were running sideways (not to or from me). I would say I was lucky those times and I surely missed most of the shots. The good thing about missing is that most people will immediately go prone which makes them even easier targets for a headshot.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki View Post
                  Play on servers with battlerecorder running, then watch the suspects afterwards.
                  That is about the only way to catch guys using an aimbot as they will snap from player to player, but it really isn't that common. Like HappyGilmore said, find servers that are streaming to Punkbuster and mark those as your favorites. A lot of people stay away from clan servers because they think that the admins will kick them for bogus stuff, but there are some really good ones out there that have mature admins who will only kick for hacking/glitching. Find a couple of those and become a regular there. Most times you will find more teamwork on a clan server than in the public servers.

(Warning-Shameless plug)**Since Gilmore plugged his servers, here's mine...We have BattleRecorder up on all our servers and they stream to punkbuster...** (End of shameless plug)

Comment

Originally posted by =S= HappyGilmore View Post
                    Cheats... Best bet is to find a good server that monitors for these activities, participates in punksbusted MBL and MD5 checks, like mine LOL, no but serious there are many out there.

This will aid in the reduction of exploiters/cheaters. Mark that as your favorite and only play there. Jumping around from server to server I too find this, thus I decided I would rather AFK in my own server to seed it than go around getting angry over the ammount of cheats/exploiters out there on the publics.
                    i feel sorry for you, your letting the cheaters win by having them stop you from playing public servers which are very enjoyable, basically a very small minority of players cheat so dont let 1 person ruin a server for you.

Comment

Yeah, I know that headshots are pretty easy to land when the victim is running straight towards or away from you. These guys can land it every time, even when you are running across their line of fire. They can actually run around and nail you in the face while they are running.

Comment

Originally posted by Area51 View Post
                        They can actually run around and nail you in the face while they are running.
                        you do realise what you said is impoosible since when your running the rifle, any rifle in the game is pointing up towards the left and is not in a firing position

Comment

Originally posted by I..C..U View Post
                          yer but it depends on where the sniper is shootin from. If u r running away or towards him that is a very easy shot for most snipers
                          Well that is really easy shot if you have played as a sniper bit more than 2 rounds.

Originally posted by XxSTAM1NAxX
                          I sniped a few guys that were running sideways (not to or from me). I would say I was lucky those times and I surely missed most of the shots. The good thing about missing is that most people will immediately go prone which makes them even easier targets for a headshot.
                          That is really a b1tch to get headshot to those runners who goes sideways. Other thing that ppl tends to do is start bunnyhopping when you miss/scratch them. It always makes me smile when enemy thinks he can bunnyhop to safety, i wait until he lands and kill him with my Zeller...

And to Area51 that is impossible to do...

Comment

i can do this when i'm on form, recently went 57-5 and had twice the number of kills as anyone on either team plus 6 infiltrator pins and 4 distinguised conduct pins etc. if i can do it and i don't consider myself to be particularly good then i'm sure you are bound to meet people that can be hitting 80% headshots in a given round.

much of the time i just get clarked to death mind

Comment

Originally posted by RichardDawkins View Post
                              i can do this when i'm on form, recently went 57-5 and had twice the number of kills as anyone on either team plus 6 infiltrator pins and 4 distinguised conduct pins etc. if i can do it and i don't consider myself to be particularly good then i'm sure you are bound to meet people that can be hitting 80% headshots in a given round.

much of the time i just get clarked to death mind
                              That is lot of kills... How many players there were in the server? I usually see that kinda score in Fall of Berlin. And it's the really good APC crew who get's that kinda score. But then there is these random glitchers. Just like there was few days ago, dude got 75+ kills and only 1 death in full Fall of Berlin server(64 player)...

Comment

Working...
                              X