Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grenade launchers > rifle rockets

imho

Why? Rifle rockets pretty much eliminates the use of cover. If a guy walks behind a wall you just scope in and move the mousewheel a click.

With grenade launchers it's pretty hard to hit people behind a wall with out doing some super high angle crazy dropshot. But "OMFGGG!!! wut about those ppl who use t3h GL at point blnak!!??!" you say, simple, make the grenade need 20m of flight time before blowing up. Real life nade launchers need the grenade to spin for a few seconds before detonating. And make it have the power of 2 rifle rockets so it won't be too overpowered.

I know it's too late for DICE to do anything, but maybe someone could use it in a mod or something.

The future is all about efficient killing.

Comment

Originally posted by gamefoo View Post
      The future is all about efficient killing.
      Says the guy who hates Vossers.

Comment

I'm gonna have to practice that up close killing with the GL. I was on the 420kill server last night and kept finding myself in 1v1's vs one of their clan members. At one point we were both out of ammo and ended up having a pistol duel. He won, but he couldn't have limped away with any less health. Another one found us with empty clips. I went to pistol and he insta-killed me. I looked up at the log and he killed me with a GL.

I've NEVER been able to do that so close...in fact I've never taken the time to learn how to scroll the distance on the GL. I'm in intrigued now, gonna have to check that out.

Comment

You can stab people with the rockets without the rockets exploding and it does damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
            You can stab people with the rockets without the rockets exploding and it does damage.
            Really? (Throws down knife, rips rockets out of their mag and begins hunting)

Seriously though I've hit people with rockets (the actual rocket) before, but the damage is minimal (or so I think. They always end up emptying their gun into me before I get a second shot).

Comment

I hated the GL in BF2, I couldn't hit sh!t with it .

Comment

Originally posted by <TlXl> vika09 View Post
                oh yes u can. superb at point blank range... lol

Comment

Originally posted by <TlXl> vika09 View Post
                  I haven't played that in a while, and it's probably got fixed in one of the later patches....but I remember being able to do jump shots with those GL's in BF2. Even with friendly fire on, you could jump up and shoot a grenade at a guys feet directly in front of you and you wouldn't take damage.

Good times.

Comment

Like a good punch to the face!!!

Seriosly though I did manage to kill someone in bf2 using the grenade launcher without the grenade actually going off. I just shot him and down he goes.

Comment

yea you sued to be able to kill people by throwing a grenade at them and if the grenade itself hit them they would just die before the nade even detonated :laugh:

Comment

The best is hitting one guy in the head with the grenade and the riccochet lands at the feet of one of his friends and the explosion takes them out.

Comment

Guys, thats why I suggested a minimum flight time before it detonates, like real life nade launchers. :|:

Comment

lol good come back.

Anyway, this could be about originality. Grenade launchers were already invented and used in BF2 so DICE thought of making something new. Honestly, they made a hell of a good job, I love these things.

Comment

Hehe this was great :laugh:

------

IMHO the grenade launcher was not a very useful tool, it used ordinary grenades and you had to try and calculate where to aim it, by this time the enemy had either moved or killed you. Rifle Rockets are a great weapon for an assault player and i just wish people would learn to use them before saying they are overpowered and such.

Comment

Working...
                              X