Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite FPS setting

^ Vote

Me? I like present day because we can be familiar with the weapons but not too familiar, like WW2 (sick of MG42s), new guns and vehicles are being made all the time.

I voted for Present Day

Comment

Present Day. WWII a close second.

Comment

present day, but I do like like playing WWII after I watched band of brothers or saving private ryan

Comment

Present Day comes 1st with WW2 a very close second although I do like a little bit of 2142 and star wars battlefront now and then

Comment

I prefer present day games, but also the past (Like Call of Duty etc).

Future really... isn't appealing. Lasers... overused. Floating land vehicles.. cliche.

2142 is a balance, but pushes the cliche limit.

EDIT:
            Present Day comes 1st with WW2 a very close second although I do like a little bit of 2142 and star wars battlefront now and then
            Wow, thats just like me , same play preference.

Comment

Modern day, can't wait for COD4 Modern Warfare.

I do like a good WWII shooter though.

Comment

I voted for 2142-like setting.

With contemporary weapons I sometimes can't help but compare it to real-life. That's one reason why I don't really like BF2's weapons. It just seems so stupid when you shoot someone with a .50 cal sniper rifle in the chest and he doesn't die.
                In a setting like 2142, with fictional weapons, you can't really say these things are unrealistic (aside from defibs magically healing any wound), as the body armour may have improved significantly for example.
                I also like it more that in BF 2142 DICE have designed the weapons and vehicles from scratch, whereas in BF 2 the weapons and vehicles are just digital copies of real-life variants. This way I don't see the weapons I've seen in a dozen of other shooters (this only is a pro if the weapons are well designed, which they are in BF 2142 IMO) , which makes the experience more unique.

Comment

a Medieval FPS? Show me! lol
                  I like the 2142 setting better than BF2

Comment

I like present day because the weapons are familiar and look real, unlike some 2142 ones (Morretti SR4, square scope FTL, Krylov is a toy, etc.)

It is annoying, though, that games have to be balanced as R-instant said. Especially with pistols... no soldier is taking 6 pistol hits to die. And no soldier will die from all arm shots either, not counting blood loss.

Comment

I put 2142 but a little into the future from now would be good too.

Comment

I've yet to see a Medieval one...haha

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
                          I like present day because the weapons are familiar and look real, unlike some 2142 ones (Morretti SR4, square scope FTL, Krylov is a toy, etc.)

It is annoying, though, that games have to be balanced as R-instant said. Especially with pistols... no soldier is taking 6 pistol hits to die. And no soldier will die from all arm shots either, not counting blood loss.
                          Thats exactly the reason why I like games set in the future
                          Creative developers can introduce lots of unique tools, weapons and vehicles
                          And they can balance them as they see fit for gameplay, without people screaming about how it worked in a war.

WWII, Vietnam and present has been done. I liked a lot of these games but in the end it is always the same weapons and vehicles, and often the same battles too.
                          And since some weapons of real wars are "overpowered" it makes it difficult to balance for gameplay.

Comment

Dystopian futures like the ones depicted in Deus Ex, or System Shock.

Comment

I love the futuristic settings for games because there are no boundries for the games designers creations but also enjoyed the present day and wwII games aswell. TBH it depends on how good the game is really!

Comment

Working...
                              X