No announcement yet.

The Good ole days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just remembered the fun times after BF2 had died off a bit, where we had own our TF2 server that played Yakety Sax when you entered. Most of the EU OT guys played there and OC server.

TF2 and L4D2 were definitely the peak of this community, some really great times.

Comment

lol i recognize names ITT

Comment

Hey, anyone remember Gunman Chronicles?
        (I've been playing Gunman Chronicles)
        Click image for larger version  Name:	91C5F49B51A24068175F982D6A1C2A5672CC225A.jpg Views:	3 Size:	548.2 KB ID:	3496227
        I friggin love this game.
        Last edited by cikame; 07-15-2019, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

FYI

Comment

Erm... I never left. So um, hello again. From the CS-Nation community.

Comment

I would like to have the time I had back then... To play morrrree!!! 😈

Comment

Just came across this site remembering Totalbf2.net.. was depressed when i couldn't find anything at first. Just gone. Cool to see this forum though!

I remember leaving parties early to go home and jump on a server and hit the field. Lol. The mods for it were so much fun. 2142 was cool but bf2 and it's mods were way more fun imo. Didn't get into many others as i see mention here, i stuck to bf2 and then Crysis, when that finally came out. I had more fun though watching the previews then i did trying to play it on an inanimate empty box that happened to be sitting on my desk next to my monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by MyLifeWastedonBf2 View Post
                  Just came across this site remembering Totalbf2.net.. was depressed when i couldn't find anything at first. Just gone. Cool to see this forum though!

I remember leaving parties early to go home and jump on a server and hit the field. Lol. The mods for it were so much fun. 2142 was cool but bf2 and it's mods were way more fun imo. Didn't get into many others as i see mention here, i stuck to bf2 and then Crysis, when that finally came out. I had more fun though watching the previews then i did trying to play it on an inanimate empty box that happened to be sitting on my desk next to my monitor.
                  Welcome back, for however long of a stay it is.

Yeah, the site has seen a lot of changes over the years. A lot of changes. Gone are the separate "Total" domains. A lot has been consolidated. I think the removal of the "Total" domains was back when our former owners stopped giving a damn about us. It's just Tim (Crrrazzzy) and myself now. He owns the domain and hosting, and does some of the behind the scenes stuff that usually happens as a result of my breaking something behind the scenes. I do the front facing stuff and a lot of the behind the scenes server stuff now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Zipay View Post

Welcome back, for however long of a stay it is.

Yeah, the site has seen a lot of changes over the years. A lot of changes. Gone are the separate "Total" domains. A lot has been consolidated. I think the removal of the "Total" domains was back when our former owners stopped giving a damn about us. It's just Tim (Crrrazzzy) and myself now. He owns the domain and hosting, and does some of the behind the scenes stuff that usually happens as a result of my breaking something behind the scenes. I do the front facing stuff and a lot of the behind the scenes server stuff now.
                    Thanks! That's too bad about the owners, but glad that you guys stepped up to keep things going. I tip my hat.
                    As soon as i finish a video project that i am in the middle of, i am installing bf2 again. I see that Reviveproject has been... revived, and i think bf2Hub is still going as well. Would be cool if there were Point of Existence 2 servers active. That mod i miss the most.
                    What was it that you were mostly playing back then? I don't remember many names.
                    Last edited by MyLifeWastedonBf2; 05-13-2020, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MyLifeWastedonBf2 View Post

Thanks! That's too bad about the owners, but glad that you guys stepped up to keep things going. I tip my hat.
                      As soon as i finish a video project that i am in the middle of, i am installing bf2 again. I see that Reviveproject has been... revived, and i think bf2Hub is still going as well. Would be cool if there were Point of Existence 2 servers active. That mod i miss the most.
                      What was it that you were mostly playing back then? I don't remember many names.
                      Yeah, the old owners were assholes. I think I'm allowed to say that. If nothing else, that's actually putting it nicely.

Back then? Probably a bit of this and that. I'm sure I was playing Battlefield 2 a lot if you mean that far back.

As for the lack of name recognition, I get the feeling that a lot of the names you're seeing are still from CS-Nation prior to the merger, including myself. Plus there are a couple of (now banned) bots thrown in for good measure.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Zipay View Post

Yeah, the old owners were assholes. I think I'm allowed to say that. If nothing else, that's actually putting it nicely.

Back then? Probably a bit of this and that. I'm sure I was playing Battlefield 2 a lot if you mean that far back.

As for the lack of name recognition, I get the feeling that a lot of the names you're seeing are still from CS-Nation prior to the merger, including myself. Plus there are a couple of (now banned) bots thrown in for good measure.
                        Well it's mostly my poor memory and lack of awareness at the time. I was playing COD2 for a while with DPG clan, but it was not for very long. Haven't even played Counter Strike, sadly. I remember FPS Doug though. Lol.

Comment

I was poking around my BF3 profile and noticed I'm still in the TGN clan. Thought it was time to check in to see if the site was still active. It is great to see a few names I recognize and I too miss the days of BF2. I had BF2 Revival installed for several months until EA came in with the Cease & Desist. EA recently came back to Steam and with a few sales, I picked up BF4 and some DLC for BF3. Wow...my naming skills have fallen through the floor (or, it could just be the age of my PC).

I still see some of you now and then in my Steam friends list and occasionally, I joke with my girlfriend that I'm looking forward to retirement because the gaming community for silver-aged retirees, when I reach that point, will be HUGE!!!! Not saying I'll see you guys in the afterlife, but I bet their will be a geriatric league when we are all older and have time on our hands.

You can still find me on Steam: [HTML] https://steamcommunity.com/id/RocketChild/ [/HTML] (wow, I forgot how to post on a forum!) and occasionally on BF3, Bad Company 2 and BF4 if I ever get around to installing it. I saw some recent discussions that BF6 was going to be a huge modern combat title. I think I'll finally come back to gaming when that shows up.

Hope everyone has done will in the last 15years since we were all together!

Comment

Man, I played Settlers 2 back in the day. That stuff was addictive. Settlers 3 was great as well. Haven't played the newer Settlers games though.

Comment

Howdy, been a long time since the good old days.

Comment

Working...
                              X