Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your predictions for Battlefield 2018?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your predictions for Battlefield 2018?

Because there is still no better battlefield community than the one from TGN, what are your predictions for Battlefield 2018?

Battlefield 1 was interesting. Great that they went and did something different, even though they did it in a very safe way. Greatest graphics and atmosphere in any MP game as well as in any SP game.
    Unfortunately all of this control and limitations in order to keep the action high kind of killed the game for me personally very quickly.
    I wish there were more custom servers, like servers with custom players, so that I don't have to be in a michael bay movie all the time. I wish there was more destruction.

So what are your predictions for Battlefield 2018?
    Is it going to be exciting?
    Is it going to be disappointing?
    Is it going to have more destruction?
    Is it going to be in WWII?
    Is it going to be Battlefield 2143?

My personal take is that they will go sequentially and will go with WWII. It makes the most sense and after all they already created a great platform/framework for it with BF1 ( allows them to reuse some mechanics and improve/just slightly change others). Though to be honest I wish for a BF 2143 or a BF Bad Company 3 (I really miss destruction).

What do you think?

WWII setting but with the Bad Company squad... somehow. Maybe even spin it like the WWII squad, though totally identical to the modern-era squad, are actually their fathers or something. I don't care if it doesn't make any damn sense, that's what I'd like to see.

But I doubt that'll actually happen.

I will say that the only way I'd actually give a crap about the single player is if it's Bad Company related. I haven't cared about the campaigns for the previous few BF games.

More destruction? I'd like to see that but given how the previous couple of games seemed to have less destruction, I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'm sure it'll be disappointing to some degree. Let's face it, there are people that hold onto Battlefield 2 as the gold standard for what a BF game should be. Previous games removed and re-added stuff like the commander. They've toyed around with squad sizes constantly. They've lessened the destruction. Levolution has been nothing more than a one and done thing. It was pretty cool in BF4 but BF1 had none. I'd like to see it back but with more than just one constant type of Levolution per map.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Zipay View Post
      WWII setting but with the Bad Company squad... somehow. Maybe even spin it like the WWII squad, though totally identical to the modern-era squad, are actually their fathers or something. I don't care if it doesn't make any damn sense, that's what I'd like to see.

But I doubt that'll actually happen.

I will say that the only way I'd actually give a crap about the single player is if it's Bad Company related. I haven't cared about the campaigns for the previous few BF games.

More destruction? I'd like to see that but given how the previous couple of games seemed to have less destruction, I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'm sure it'll be disappointing to some degree. Let's face it, there are people that hold onto Battlefield 2 as the gold standard for what a BF game should be. Previous games removed and re-added stuff like the commander. They've toyed around with squad sizes constantly. They've lessened the destruction. Levolution has been nothing more than a one and done thing. It was pretty cool in BF4 but BF1 had none. I'd like to see it back but with more than just one constant type of Levolution per map.
      True words have been spoken.
      Indeed I really miss the level of destruction of BFBC2. Levolution was nice, but indeed too limited (almost a gimmick for the exception of a few maps where it really made a difference) and comparing it to BF3, BF4 actually had less dynamic desctruction (and BF3 less than BFbc2).

I do have to say that while the SP of BF3 and BF4 (I never played hardline) were just OK, the SP of BF1 was really enjoyable and memorable. I feel like its definitely worth to go through it as it is full of emotion and fun, intense, varying moments

Comment

I think it will be WW2.

I think it will be designed more how BF4 was as most the player based dumped BF1 to go back to a fixed BF4. The numbers on the two games are just about even with BF1 being the newer and more stable game.

There are a lot of things I HOPE DICE would do in the next game, but I don't think it's going to happen. I would hope that they figure out a way to buy the game and give everyone all the maps as well as have fewer game modes so the community doesn't keep splitting. In BF1 for all of North America there are just a small handful of servers that are not conquest and they are always maxed.

We shall see though.
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
          would hope that they figure out a way to buy the game and give everyone all the maps as well as have fewer game modes so the community doesn't keep splitting. In BF1 for all of North America there are just a small handful of servers that are not conquest and they are always maxed.

We shall see though.
          That's a very great point. I personally bought BF1 but since I didnt enjoy the lack of custom servers I was never interested or purchased any of the expansions. Maybe I'll play them one day when they are given away for free

Comment

Wow I need to visit this forum more often. Off the topic subject but is anyone playing BF2 again?

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa View Post
              Wow I need to visit this forum more often. Off the topic subject but is anyone playing BF2 again?
              No, once I leave an FPS I seldom go back.

Comment

Yeah, I did play when the Revive project was at its peak, but actually ended up playing even more hours of 2142. A couple of weeks ago I have been playing BC2 just because I miss the destruction and visceral experience, all other BFs after that just decreased on the destruction.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx View Post
                  Yeah, I did play when the Revive project was at its peak, but actually ended up playing even more hours of 2142. A couple of weeks ago I have been playing BC2 just because I miss the destruction and visceral experience, all other BFs after that just decreased on the destruction.
                  Damn, I'm missing those BC2 AT4 across map helo kills.
                  "Crunch's First Officer"
                  twitter: @signaprime

Comment

What platform is everyone playing on then? PC or consoles?

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa View Post
                      What platform is everyone playing on then? PC or consoles?
                      Still using the PC.

Comment

My PC is aging and I can only run even BF4 on medium setting just to get good FPS so I pretty much have had to switch to PS4.

Comment

Long time since I've been here. I miss the old BF2 days.. what an excellent time that was. In to monitor the new BF

1970 join date lol

Comment

Working...
                          X