Top 10 Battlefield maps from Mojo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Battlefield maps from Mojo

Sorry but including Metro in the top 10 "best" anything is just a big ol "NOPE" in my book. And where were Damavand Peak or White Pass, or even Heavy Metal? BAH!

Well, the spawn die spawn die spawn die let me know why metro was in there.

10 was OK
    9 - no. Noobs took the vehicles and you were stranded. Also, there was NO cover at all. It was entirely vehicle focused.
    8 - no. It was linear. Of course he said you want to just camp its the map, which is true. Most of your time underground? Ummm, ALL of your time is below ground.
    7 - Yeah, that was a good overall map.
    6 - Yeah, its good overall. A lot of people dont like it and I can understand because US forces had a big disadvantage. BF4s map was great.
    5 - Panama Canal was OK. You could get spawn camped.
    4 - I always felt SaK was linear as well. To me its the Metro of BF2. Easy way to stop the US from advancing.
    3 - Its a good overall map. It is not the best map in "verticality", but it was alright.
    2 - Noshar was a lot of fun. Tight areas. Some vehicles. It wasnt entirely linear.
    1 - No way. Wake Island had the same issues in a smaller box about getting stuck on the carrier. It's no pillar.

I like (dislike) how there was no mention of any 2142 map other than honorable mention of Karkand. None of Vietnam at all. Both had some really good maps.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Where is Road to Jalabad? And Mashtuur city , and Camp Gibraltar or Verdun? Indeed a 2142 mention instead of including Metro would be a way better approach

Comment

Phu Bai Valley in a Huey.....Crunch knows what I'm talkin bout
        Daqing Oil Fields...one of the few Dual Bomber Maps in BF2 along with Kubra Dam but with better map borders (that elevation change in Kubra brutal for aircraft).
        Mahtuur in pre-patch vanilla. God those miniguns....i got a crew service ribbon early on thanks to those bastards. And who can forget the max altitude flying cow dropping squadmates on the USMC teams HQ to piss off the commander.
        Isla Innocentes...Hard as crap as the US but if you got rolling it was a good one. And the AT-4 Helo kills defending that first island...glorious as the Russians.
        Operation Harvest...Loved the tank battles.
        Warlord...fun with gas nades! That 3rd floor palace cap point, gas through the window god people hated that...lol.
        Surge...tank hell with choke points.
        Iron Gator...another hellish map but fun when you got into ship board squad fighting.
        Highway Tampa...just a good armor map.
        Operation Clean Sweep...another love hate map. If the US got out of the spawn it was a fun map. All about that 2nd airfield cap!
        "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

Yeah, exactly! You guys named some great maps that I feel could have easily taken the place of a number of others.

The most played map does not equal the best made. Maps like Karkand, Wake, Metro, Camp Gibraltar are fun to play, but a lot of them are played for quick kills or to rank up. A lot of people admit to playing those maps jost to get high points.

Now I do admit that I really like Operation Locker in BF4. I play it often. Biut I will also admit that it is NOT the best map or most innovative/creative by a long shot.

Comment

Yep, Let's face it Karkand was a grind map. There were those 24/7 Karkand only ranked servers always in the top of the server list. Instant Nade Spamfest and medic revive fest at that first CP and the Market point. Oddly if i could get a good squad as SL i could run the backdoor on that and cap the suburb or train wreck and only be stopped by those experienced defenders who had a commander that paid attention. My best day on Karkand was still worse than my worst day playing Sharqi getting helo camped.

Heavy Metal was a great map of BFBC2 just about one of the better balanced maps in the series. If BFBC2 had planes & mobile AA on that map it would of been gravy.
            "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

Funny that I really enjoyed Karkand back in the day but only at low player count. It was also one of my favorite BF3 maps
              I still can't trully enjoy metro and operation locker I like even less.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx View Post
                Funny that I really enjoyed Karkand back in the day but only at low player count. It was also one of my favorite BF3 maps
                I still can't trully enjoy metro and operation locker I like even less.
                Yeah and that makes sense. With a lower player count you have a chance to sneak by, fight through, or break the deadlock.

Metro and Locker on a 32 man server is a lot of fun and goes back and forth. Once you get larger though it bottlenecks and ends up stalling in the center.

It was the same with Camp Gibraltar in 2142. If you didnt break out and take the first two flags then you were never going to get out of the base.

Comment

Working...
                X