Glad I passed on BF4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shawn Zipay View Post
    It's only on specific maps that the sound issue happens. And one I know for sure is the map with the dam and it impacts everyone I play with. It really sounds like an issue that DICE needs to address because as far as I've seen I'm not alone in this issue, same as the looping crash.

I guess I could try it but I'll wait to see if today's patch did anything first before I go screwing around with crap I shouldn't have to do.
    No, if its only specific maps then that is the normal bug XD
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Some people had good luck doing this to stop the sound issues. Im going to try it as well:

Ok guys since i heard alot of things about soundloop crash and cause one of my buddies had the problem i wanted to got to the logical bottom of this problem.

After a few hours of studying the problem and thinking why it would cause that i guess i found a solution.

You see its a soundloop crash and it happens mostly on 48 and 64 player servers.So that makes alot of different sound playeds at the same time and it looks like the REALTEK onboard and some older oem soundcards cant keep up with that stress.The game has HD sounds in it and imagine what happens when 64 players all together firing weapons,flying choppers,jets and driving tank that shoot up a building and that buildings destruction sound.Its too much and the onboard sound cards and older oem sound cards cant handle this.

I found a workaround for this problem

First from the sound settings in windows put the sound quality to 16bit 48000hz (DVD Quality) the other settings are for HD Soundcards and not for regular ones.
      As second in the game sound options DO NOT select HI-FI i know its the best sounding one but also its the one that makes you soundloop crash.Set this settings to HEADPHONES.

And at last in the options again in the game Dont play in FULLSCREEN.Select Borderless.

After these settings we made 5 matches in 64 players and imagine what NOT A SINGLE CRASH.

Now you are ready to go and have fun playing

Comment

I'll change my audio settings in Windows (even though I have a fairly "modern" onboard audio solution, ALC892 HD 7.1 onboard from Realtek, still with the latest drivers available) and see if that helps.

My in-game settings are already set to Headphones so I already know for a fact that half of that solution is pure BS and as such I'm going to assume the first part is as well.

Comment

Yeah, I just tried it and no difference for me. Same map and everything.

Comment

Be it that I lowered my audio in Windows (off of what the drivers default to, no less), or forced it to run in Windowed borderless, or (more likely) from a fix in the update, I can happily say that I did not experience the looping sound lockup/crash bug tonight!

I did, however, still experience the muted sounds on both the map with the dam and the map with the moving train car (again, happening to everyone I play with which is up to 4 others now, on the same exact maps and no others). I also crashed three times at three separate round ends tonight! I can't tell if any of this is an improvement or just a fucking lateral step to the side FFS.

This game really should not have been released in this state. Next week will mark the third week since it's release and there are still some insane bugs like this out there? Crashing? Sure, I can understand not getting all of those fixes done. But to have two maps where the sound just cuts in and out for everyone playing? How does this not get fixed quickly or even NOTICED prior to release?

One of my friends just got the game tonight and we asked him what the first thing he thought of when it came to the game, he replied with "buggy." Which is all the more amazing given that he used to work as a tester for a game studio that released what I thought was, at the time, the most "this shouldn't be released for months still" game in modern memory, but BF4 seems to have surpassed that by leaps and bounds.

Comment

Got it and feels good...

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
              Im glad you did too. Now you can go play whatever it is you are playing.
              Seeing all the effort put in it from Dice to make this a more authentic Battlefield experience, I caved in and bought it on black friday....have to admit, this is much better than bf3, although very similar, but the little things and especially the commander mode makes a big difference....and it's encouraging to see Dice putting lots of effort into patching the shit out of it and listening to us....'bout time they wake up and it's much appreciated.

Happy holidays all!

Comment

Originally posted by captqbec View Post
                Seeing all the effort put in it from Dice to make this a more authentic Battlefield experience, I caved in and bought it on black friday....have to admit, this is much better than bf3, although very similar, but the little things and especially the commander mode makes a big difference....and it's encouraging to see Dice putting lots of effort into patching the shit out of it and listening to us....'bout time they wake up and it's much appreciated.

Happy holidays all!
                Happy Holidays to you as well.

Comment

Working...
                X