Battlefield3 Premium PC Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield3 Premium PC Discussion Thread

Sometimes when the server comes back it will update with what it had. Its rare though.

Played on all the maps finally. I get lost a lot. The maps having multiple levels is a nice touch. Ive been playing them on 24 or smaller servers and there is plenty of room.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I believe my low fps is affecting my gameplay and performance as a player in these small maps. I feel like all my guns are underpowered in comparison with every other player's weapons... I keep getting these wierd things happening such as: As soon as I take a corner and face an enemy my lag makes it difficult to be the first one aiming and shooting, but even when I am, even if i start shooting first, I end up dying instantly from what appears to be a "one shot kill". I have 100% health, I take the corner, the guy appears in front of me taking the same corner, I shoot first, he's almost dying and BAM, from 100 to zero i'm dead.
      Another weird thing I noticed is that now I keep leaving other players at ridiculous amounts of low health such as 0%, 1%, 2% .. 5% and it's becoming extremely frustrating.
      I thought that, as the maps are small and there are less players, that I'd have a framerate boost but that did not happen and I remain in my unstable 15-30 ish. These things really make me feel like everyone is hacking but I do not know what to blame it on. Is it that I'm bad at close quarters combat? Is it because I'm bad because of the low framerate? Did everyone really start hacking?
      I also noticed CQ makes it much easier to win points, specially the conquest domination mode where you win 200 points for standing for about 4 seconds near a flag.

Comment

Try using a weapon with more stopping power. I had the same problem to start. And then I tried the AEK. I find the AEK to be a fantastic option for the maps. You have the high rate of fire for CQ, and you have stopping power. You can easily kill 3 enemies without reloading. The only problem is that the reload is slow.

Also, my K/D ratio graph looks just like yours. It's impossible to maintain a high K/D ratio on these maps.
        Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I'll give it a shot and tell you how it went! Btw what are the attachments you choose for the AEK'?

Comment

Jimykx, I've noticed the same thing on my older computer. The CQ maps are really taxing on the system, while maps like Caspian border I maintain 35 FPS second.

Comment

I should have BF3 Premium later on today (no thanks to anybody at EA who ignored my emails). I'm not too keen on the CQ stuff based on how many people are disappointed with it, including those I regularly play the game with, but for the rest of it, it sounds too good to pass up.

Comment

Ok, finally got some play today and i must say i am more relieved than dissapointed, i mean after playing conquest this is exactly the cahnge i am looking for in my rotation of game modes!

Also i enjoyed the new map designs and details such as the working machines in scrap metal and the water bursting in Op 925. also this is great news to some of my friends who prefer to play the CoD style mode they will find this very interesting. Adding to that i tried the gun game mode took me back to Black Ops lol but it was fun all in all a good addition to my rotation.

Comment

Premium has been purchased. I have about an hour left before I rage hard at the CQ gamemodes and maps and work only towards the assignment unlocks prior to Armored Kill being released.

Comment

Ah Armored Kill, cant wait for that! the only and most dissappointing thing about CQ is the spawn then followed by death very reminiscent of CoD. anyways i am enjoying it so far but AK will be the ultimate deal for me

Comment

LOL, a countdown to rage. Very nice.

Comment

Well, I enjoy the closer, infantry combat of some of the vanilla maps every so often. But from what I hear about CQ, the spawns are absolutely horrendous. Now, I already get REALLY pissed off at how shitty the spawns are in the other modes already, so I can only imagine what it's like in a smaller area.

Comment

The thing with CQ is you need to spawn sprinting. Since I been playing CQ i've only died right after spawn once or twice. It's the people who spawn, stand there and look around that bitch about the bad spawns.

Comment

I don't know about that. If you don't move your character, you have 2 seconds of immunity due to spawn protection. My best advice is NEVER spawn at a random point unless your squad is all dead. Always spawn on your squad mates. This gives you a massive advantage as you can see where your squad mate is and what the scene is around him. If you notice a lot of gun fire or enemies and you spawn in on him, this is when you need to use the two seconds to get your bearings and figure what to do. I've gotten countless kills where I spawn in, the enemy empties his weapon into me event though I am protected, and then I fire a couple of bullets in his head and walk off.
                            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

In Gun Master, if you knife someone at any point, they will be demoted one spot. So say someone is in the knife stage, if you knife them then they would go back into that grenade bounce weapon. Keep doing it and they will keep dropping.

So if Someone is on the ACR and you knife them, they will fall down to the previous weapon. Knife them again and they need two kills on the weapon. Knife them again and they will drop down to the previous weapon after that.

Comment

gun master is a good mode, really takes me back to when i and the guys would get together and play gun game on black ops, that was fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X