Battlefield3 Premium PC Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield3 Premium PC Discussion Thread

Might aswell start somewhere...I have yet to play the new maps, and I will soon...

Re: Battlefield3 Premium PC Discussion Thread

Well, I feel like 4 small maps Is just not enough. I think it took to me so much time to get used to all of them as it took to get used to one bf3 vanilla map. And the HD destruction it's not such a big deal since the game has very little bullet penetration. Am I the only one that feels like you can only shoot through a wall once you have "Micro-destructed" it? It seems like those small chunks of a chair or a wall absorb bullets and you have to destroy them prior to being able to hit what's behind them

Comment

I don't like the small maps to me they seemed claustrophobic, but then again I'm sure I will have to get used to them

Comment

for me, I thought the 4 new maps were amazing. Very well done. Had a ton of really good competitive games yesterday. Gunmaster is a good time. But I love Conquest Dom. All in all I think its def worth the $$

Comment

The way I see it is CQ is CoD on steroids... but CoD was suffering a disease and needed the steroids to survive.

I will say though thanks to my experiences in GunGame Source I do feel that weapon master feels like its missing things but I guess thats personal quirks. I do wish that certain things could be tweaked server side, like the number of kills per weapon. Im not saying it has to go down to one, but what about an option for Up?

But in all, the pack provides a window for Close quarters gameplay, which is what the title states it does and I think it does it well. It also means that I essentially have paid $10 for an IMO better CoD (Im talking about talking about the part cost from premium) that I don't even need to change executables for! Also, most of the maps (except Ziba Tower) are reminiscent of the larger CoD4 maps, which is another plus. I see a bit of Warlord (BF2:SF) and Chataeu (CS1.6) in the fortress one. The vertical battles the factory map provides is also another interesting idea, though I have had a bit of a spammy experience with it from time to time.

Also, the level of detail to the maps is immense. The car alarms, the sprinklers going off, the fear and panic you feel from all the particles help with the already astounding immersion.

I realised I love this whole game. Its got a lot of variance. I definitely can't wait for Armoured kill though.

Comment

I only had a chance to play one map and game mode yesterday and that was the villa map with three levels and it was gun game mode.

I have to say that the map was way larger than I expected. It was a full server and I was running from end to end of the map trying to shoot people and there was a ton of room.

I know many feel the maps are very small, but this is just what the map size really was vs my expectation. They are small maps, but not near what I thought they would be. I should say, the one map that I played

One thing that frustrated me with the gun game is how many times my kills were stolen. I got a lot of points for assists. Nothing you can do about that, except shoot faster.

People are playing these maps on 64 man servers and complaining about how its unfair and no one can move. Well....yeah. What do you expect it to be like? The maps are designed for smaller server numbers with only so many spawn points. You take a map that is comfortable and/or designed for 24 people and then multiply that by 2.5 and youre going to have a mess.

Overall, so far its fun and I like it.
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I thought that honestly the maps werent that bad but the spawning was aweful. There were times when i spawned next to a spawning enemy.

I thought random spawning was phased out half a decade ago :/

CoD's spawn system dare i say it is actually better D:

Comment

I dont see how, Blops had HUGE spawn issues that I think may still not be fixed. There is even a youtube video someone posted showing how bad it actually was/is.

What I want to know is who is around you when you spawn? I noticed in BF3 you tend to spawn near your team. If both teams are together in a huge firefight, I can see how you will spawn into the action, which is a huge drag.

Comment

Ok, after playing for a while in a 16 peep server i noticed 40% of my spawns were near someone from the other team, sometimes even near a group of enemies.

Comment

I think Dice got the same guy who did the spawns for Kharg Island TDM...

Comment

The maps themselves are great. Since they are smaller, I'm guessing DICE had more time to add small details, and it shows. All the different flanking routes, rooms, sprinklers, opening doors, etc.

Scrapmetal is certainly my favorite at the moment. That is a true CQ map that I would expect to see in a CoD game. There are so many different routes to take and places to go that while it appears small, it is actually quite a big map. And then not to mention, it is visually stunning. Unlike the other maps, which seem very white and modern, Scrapmetal definitely looks old and worn down. I noticed that there is a distinct lack of the blue hue on that map. It is easily the most beautiful map in the game IMO.

My biggest complaint is that there doesn't seem to be "enough" with this pack. You get four nice, but small and repetitive, maps, 10 weapons, one game mode that everyone is already tired of, and another game mode that isn't revolutionary. I'm not really sure if it is worth the $15 that is standard for DLC packs.

Apart from that, there isn't much else wrong with it. The "HD destruction" was definitely overhyped. Unless you are on a 48 player server you probably aren't going to see substantial destruction. Gun Master is also disappointing. It was fun the first time, and somewhat fun the second time, but now it is just repetitive. And some of the gun choices and the order are bizarre. Jackhammer with frags followed by some of the easiest weapons? M320 LVG? Meh. If they add in a system for server admins to define their own order, it will be much better. Otherwise, it will suffer the same fate as gun game in BO and everyone will stop playing it after a week.

With all that said, these maps are perfect for a 24 man infantry server rotation. My clan will be setting up a CQ and vanilla/B2K small infantry map mix server in the coming days.
                      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

some intereseting comments here, i have been a tad backed up by releasing episodes for my YT series that i forogt about CQ DLC. as soon as Episode 5 of my REVIVED! series is out i will play the DLC and take some videos, from what i have read here it seems interesting.

Comment

So is this a Premium discussion or a CQ DLC discussion? I just wanted to know before I jump in

Anyways, except for the map that is in the warehouse I am enjoying the MW HD DLC, but even there once I figured out some of the sniper spots I started to have fun. I know the HD destruction is a gimmick, but I absolutely love it (all the smoke, dust and shell shock, like pre-first patch BF2).

Comment

I would think youd be OK Ranger. The two are intertwined.

Comment

I was pissed yesterday I went into a Metro 24/7 and got the 417 in about 10min only to have the server die and it not coming through on Battlelog. Was awesome for the time I used it, loving these CQ guns another treat like the B2K ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X