Already getting tired of BF3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Already getting tired of BF3.

BF3 is really about who you play with and what servers you play on. If I can jump on TS with friends, the hours roll by and next thing I know, I'm sleep deprived and late for work. If it's just me, I've played some TDM, but variables in finding a good squad in pubs make it a krap shoot at best.

There are some maps, mostly Rush, that I'll get sick of sooner than later.. The fore mentioned built-in bottlenecks. Random MCOM placement and map orientation would solve this overnight though. The same thing happened to me with BC2. Conquest became my default game type with occasional jaunts to Rush or Squad TDM.

Comment

Look at my thread to see what I think of this unfinished game... Zips decided to throw out a typical zips reply and got butthurt when I replied accordingly so it's now locked.

I like bf3, I really do. It just needs to be fixed. Hell bf2 wasn't (imo) fixed until 3-4 years after it's release when they finally decided to make dolphin diving impossible.

Comment

Nope still not bored, still have stuff i want to unlock, still have people i want to play with , still have coop to play. that should be more than enough to hold me till back to karkand comes out and that should hold me intrested for some time also

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
          I'm still having fun, but I don't see it lasting as long as BF2.
          IMHO, this is by design. They want you bored and ready to buy the next game or DLC.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
            "Need to do"? I know its not new to BF3, but when did the focus of FPS games shift from the joy of killing random strangers to some sort of Pokemon variant?

I speed throug some specific unlocks because they allow me to play the class /vehicle better, not because they were the goal of playing that class.
            I never said I didn't enjoy killing random soldiers, but FPS gaming is shifting to, what you call, a Pokemon variant. The game is obviously focused around unlocks and DLC giving it persistence, not varied gameplay.
            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Im just happy that a decent Battlefield game is out again. I hated Bad Company (it felt too consoley for me ie. no prone), and Heroes was not that good. My only dissapointment with BF3 is that I dont find the aircraft as enjoyable as I did in previous BF games.

Comment

I'm still having fun with it. The thing that keeps it fresh for me is the awards and trying different guns to mix things up.

Comment

A lot of empty servers on Friday night. The crowd must have gone on MW3 frenzy. We'll see who will win eventually.

I'm done with COD. Had enough since COD4. Not bad game really, just got bored with random infantry fighting.

Comment

I've been finding a sort of intensity that I have not seen in any other game. Everything going around you... but still having a form of organisation... I do pity those with player counts smaller than 32 players... (Ala Consoles... Poor guys.)

Comment

32 is enough for maps like Grand Bazaar, at 64 it turns into something horrible. On the other hand 32p is not enough for big maps like Firestorm or Caspian.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                        32 is enough for maps like Grand Bazaar, at 64 it turns into something horrible. On the other hand 32p is not enough for big maps like Firestorm or Caspian.
                        Actually, 32 players on Caspian and Firestorm is just the right size. Vehicles enough for everybody.

Comment

Personally, I love 48 players. 64 is too many, 32 is not enough. 48 is the sweet spot and I wish more servers did that.

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
                          A lot of empty servers on Friday night. The crowd must have gone on MW3 frenzy. We'll see who will win eventually.

I'm done with COD. Had enough since COD4. Not bad game really, just got bored with random infantry fighting.
                          MW3 has almost 50,000 less players than BF3. I think most people are playing Skyrim, which is nearing 250,000 people playing at the moment.
                          Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Still having a great time with this game. Of course if I try to play multilayer by myself (in a random squad) and no friends, I get frustrated due to lack of squad coordination.

I do agree though, sometimes 64 players is too much, almost seems like there is no safe place to spawn due to the sea of lead flying around.

Comment

Must admit i have put this down for a while as im playing the hell out of Skyrim

Comment

BF3 is a really good game but I have only played 1 round since picking up Skyrim, that game is addictive. Funny how both MW3 and BF3 were fighting to be the "best game" and Skyrim (in my opinion) comes out of nowhere and knocks them both out. BF3 needs that Karkand pack out so we have some good maps to play.
                                PSN: Xclusiveitalian
                                Steam: Stryker
                                Origin: Xclusiveitalian
                                Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

Working...
                                X