X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elder
    replied
    Re: Already getting tired of BF3.

BF3 is way more fun to pub than BF2 and with further releases I can see this game being even better.

Doesn't hold much potential for comp play, but who has time for that these days anyways.

Leave a comment:

• PCKiller
    replied

i am not tired of BF3. the game is a great!

Leave a comment:

• BandoIruka
    replied

Originally posted by Cantina_Fly
    BF3 is really about who you play with and what servers you play on. If I can jump on TS with friends, the hours roll by and next thing I know, I'm sleep deprived and late for work. If it's just me, I've played some TDM, but variables in finding a good squad in pubs make it a krap shoot at best.

There are some maps, mostly Rush, that I'll get sick of sooner than later.. The fore mentioned built-in bottlenecks. Random MCOM placement and map orientation would solve this overnight though. The same thing happened to me with BC2. Conquest became my default game type with occasional jaunts to Rush or Squad TDM.
    Finally someone with a sensible reason.

The reason I sunk in 500+ hours into BF2 was with the friend/s I play with. Meeting them up in netcafes every sat night to game thur the night on a sharqi pen only server was the win.

Leave a comment:

• LunaTiK TunaLiK
    replied

I'm still loving it. Few things I get on my nerves like hitting a jet or a chopper with a tank shell and watching the force of the shell move the targetbut not even do much damage to it or just disable it for him to fly around and repair.

Leave a comment:

• eradicator8
    replied

Wauv less than a month!!!
    How many hours does it take to get bored of something?

I can only say that I have not gotten around to be bored of the game as I am fighting a loosing battle just getting it to work. I wonder how many have problems with the digital version compared to the DVD version.

Leave a comment:

• RocketChild
    replied

I still fairly happy with BF3, but, I find the maps to be kinda, well, tight and narrow. Too much crap that you trip up on and slows you down.

I'm having fun, but I really wish to God that they had point VOIP in the game. That is epic fail. Every Valve game has it and it just totally changes the dynamic of a squad with it. It makes it, well, a squad instead of people just stuck together.

I'm fairly happy that you die easy in this game. It is almost like they took HC and softened it a little (at times).

But, I would like to see more maps/content. I think the game kinda ranks up quick too.

Leave a comment:

• Ev!L ErN!E
    replied

I love BF3... it was well worth the money... wish I could say the same about MW2 or errrr Black Ops... oh wait I think they call it MW3 now.... so hard to tell them apart.

Leave a comment:

• megawhompertoo
    replied

I'm not bored yet, but I understand the feeling. I remember being on the edge of my seat waiting (and waiting and waiting and waiting*) for BF2 maps to load.

The progression made it lively and the unlocks really made your choices matter. Did you go for the PKM? Or the '98? Better pick the one you'll enjoy, because it's going to be another MONTH before you get another unlock, and by then you might want the G36C instead! Also, there were...what? 50% more classes to play, each with completely different play styles? Add in the huge maps where you'd go from an airfield, through a village, past a swamp, under a pipeline, into a refinery...and it all amounted to some really, really fun and varied gameplay. Some of the most fun I've had sitting in front of keyboard was zipping around the mountain map in a buggy and hopping over walls and running over people...and taking a few minutes to go from one side of the map to the other at full throttle. Now, you can get from one side of Daervund (sp?) peak to the other in a slow-ass vodnik in about 40 seconds, provided you don't get shot up.

BF3 improves on BC2's glitchy-twitchy arcade-style disposable soldier approach inside a metal cage...just not by a whole lot.

edit: I forgot ziplines! and quad-runners! and grappling hooks!

*old fujitsu 7200rpm hd with no cache was the culprit lol, but even with a decent hard drive the load times were pretty brutal

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

Originally posted by John Carr
    I don't know if I can say I'm bored with the game. I'm doing pretty well with it right now, score wise. But like many have said, playing alone can get boring at times. I'm not in a clan, and don't get on teamspeak. Since there is no in game VOIP, I get pretty lonely and just randomly kill. I'd love to get in a chopper with someone on TS and have some real teamwork, but it never happens, so I end up running around on foot all the time and sniping people.

I agree with what most have said about the bottlenecks also.
    Contact me when Im on and we can play. I try to create a party channel so people can hop in any time and ask to join up. That seems to work best since the notification system doesnt seem to work well in Battlelog. They need to make an overlay.

Leave a comment:

• John Carr
    replied

I don't know if I can say I'm bored with the game. I'm doing pretty well with it right now, score wise. But like many have said, playing alone can get boring at times. I'm not in a clan, and don't get on teamspeak. Since there is no in game VOIP, I get pretty lonely and just randomly kill. I'd love to get in a chopper with someone on TS and have some real teamwork, but it never happens, so I end up running around on foot all the time and sniping people.

I agree with what most have said about the bottlenecks also.

Leave a comment:

• Kreepy Kitteh =^o.O^=
    replied

be unloading my UMP into an enemy soldier, he spins around takes a short burst at me with his LMG and I go from 100% to 0% in about 3-4 rounds. This happened to me 3 times that short round.

When an LMG outpowers an SMG at close quarters you know it's time to nerf the living fck out of this stupid weapon. It was the same in bfbc2, what's dice's obsession with making the LMG god tier of weapons?

Also when this happened I was no more than 10 foot away from the enemy and I was getting hit markers as I was shooting into them.

This is the sort of thing that makes me get bored of the game. The game is fun, has pretty cool maps and vehicles etc but all these bugs and unbalances accompanied with the terribly useless recon class.. Bleh!

Leave a comment:

• The_Eliminator
    replied

Dont get me wrong i LOVE bf3 and im going to be playing it for a long time but right now Skyrim is sucking up all my time!

Leave a comment:

• Infernalis
    replied

Exactly the same, I played 1 round since Skyrim was released.

Leave a comment:

• Stryker
    replied

BF3 is a really good game but I have only played 1 round since picking up Skyrim, that game is addictive. Funny how both MW3 and BF3 were fighting to be the "best game" and Skyrim (in my opinion) comes out of nowhere and knocks them both out. BF3 needs that Karkand pack out so we have some good maps to play.

Leave a comment:

• The_Eliminator
    replied

Must admit i have put this down for a while as im playing the hell out of Skyrim

Leave a comment:

Working...
X