Battlefield 3 Footage LEAKED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 3 Footage LEAKED!

Nothing really impressed me, was just a bunch of short recorded bits. Nothing longer than 5 or so seconds it seemed.

Comment

What about the particle lighting at the end? That looked impressive if you ask me!

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
        Nothing really impressed me, was just a bunch of short recorded bits. Nothing longer than 5 or so seconds it seemed.
        Nothing impresses you Spik3d. You've built yourself into a hate filled hole where you won't actually allow yourself to be impressed by nearly anything, I think.

Comment

what was that thing people were jumping out of at the end? was that a transport chopper?

Comment

It looked like one of those jumbo jets, like this, but with success:

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

With the helicopter that close and the relative speed, I'm guessing it was a Chinook tailgate jump. I suppose it could have been a C-130, maybe.

Might want to turn your volume down, gents. It's pretty realistic.

The actual jump is at about 4 minutes.
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I didn't get to the end, I was too bored with it.

If you mean the lighting effects, which were shown way better in an official trailer at a much higher quality some time ago, then I already saw it and it was nice and all but doesn't say anything about gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                  With the helicopter that close and the relative speed, I'm guessing it was a Chinook tailgate jump. I suppose it could have been a C-130, maybe.

Might want to turn your volume down, gents. It's pretty realistic.

The actual jump is at about 4 minutes.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNIJk...ailpage#t=238s
                  Yeah, I think that would be more practicle and used in the area than the C-130.

Crunch

Comment

I think this is only the beginning. We haven't seen anything yet. The best is yet to come. I am truly excited for this game. Almost giddy as a school girl.

Comment

look, its a flashlight

Comment

They didnt jump out of an acft lol, it was a cliff look closely

Comment

I think your right. Its just really smooth though.

Crunch

Comment

Edit:Video I posted was fake/taken down

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                              I think this is only the beginning. We haven't seen anything yet. The best is yet to come. I am truly excited for this game. Almost giddy as a school girl.
                              I agree. Its so early in alpha the sights on the guns in the external view havent even been modeled yet! I cant wait for the next reveal, even if it is sp footage.

Comment

It's the walk after the baby steps of BC2; with such a powerful particle engine, smoke grenades and dust from explosions can work as intended to use as cover; not just effects that can be reduced with a slider leaving you completely open to retaliation.

this next paragraph is me wishful thinking: But how about you use smoke to cover advancing troops, and the enemy moves one of their choppers to make a pass over it and remove it? From the looks of the video it's not just "points dancing in the lights" particles, but real SMOKE that casts shadows, blocks light, can be affected by physics like wind and heat, can be dispersed and is not static. This could also mean that there are some other physics in place like true optics, and then killcam will be the least of the worries for snipers; it looks the engine can both simulate and emulate optical effects in real time.

Usually in a game when you see something explode, a light is generated (sometimes) so you can see it, but it doesn't affect its surroundings in any way. So how would oyu like wreckages from planes and tanks to stay burning on the ground for a bit and the heat distorting vision and forcing whoever stands near to cast shadows if appropiate? I'm not saying they will program it, but the engine at this stage shows it can be done by the engine itself.

Look near the end of the video demonstration, the cars exploding near the building iluminate zones you can't clearly see as they are shadowed.

But maybe somebody in this thread is right and this isn't impressive at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X