This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!

If the lag is not bad enough ...U... have stacked sides on over half the servers. Not that losing is bad but losing without the chance of winning sucks. When logging on lately two-thirds of the servers are empty........like what does that say for this game? I'll keep playing because I paid for the game but how 'bout something like a revamped BF1942 or better still Desert Combat. Just my opinion but I am just another old BF dinosaur.

Re: Come on MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!

Threads like this are pointless...

Comment

I occasionally have problems with server side lag, but it's to be expected with this sort of game and doesn't happen to regularly. Perhaps you're playing on servers with too high of ping, or your settings are too high?

As for the stacked servers... well yeah that sucks. I really hate when I get stuck on a team that is just getting steamrolled; it's always so much harder to play well yourself if the rest of the team is doing terribly. But I've played enough games that I've experienced plenty of rounds where the round got down to 10-15 tickets on each side with a very narrow victory. Those are always the best.

My advice, if you only just got the game? Keep playing and tough it out for a while. Remember that this game is a sequel to Bad Company 1, not BF2, 2142, 1942, or Vietnam. It's a different animal, even though it keeps the BF name and many characteristics. I know personally as I hardened BF2142 veteran (I know, I'm not as cool because I got on the BF bandwagon later than a lot of you guys) that there was a bit of culture shock shifting to BC2, especially with Destruction 2.0. The game dynamic is just... different. It's harder to stay alive, shear FPS skill isn't always enough. You have to think outside the box a little more. And I've never been able to get a KDR as high as I used to in BF2142. I've only had a few rounds where I ended above 2-3.5+, but back in BF2142 I could easily often go a round and maintain one around 4-5.

*shrugs*

Comment

Its just same as any other FPS ever, don't play in bad servers. Find one populated by a clan and with good admins.

Comment

I know how you feel.

I leave when I join a stacked server.

You see, we have lv 50s versus lv 20s and 30s. That's just unfair, but what can you do?

The Winter price drop added new players to the game, competing with lv 50s who are going after gold stars.

Comment

Level 50 doesn't mean anything in my book except that they have played a lot. Sure there are a lot of good level 50's, and no one is going to have played that long and be a complete noob but there are plenty that aren't as good of a player as I am at only level 29. Above level 20-25 or so rank just equates to the numbers of hours you've played. I've seen plenty of people who are far below level 50 dominating a team with several people at level 50.

Hell, I've checked out the stats of a lot of level 50's. There are a lot who are really great, but there are some who only have, say, a score per minute under 200, a KDR just hovering around 1 or the percentage of ace pins/games played is less than mine at ~10%

/rant :weo:

Comment

Even you are saying lv50s are not necessarily good at this game, when you see half of the other team to be lv45+, I go reckon. =D

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
                Its just same as any other FPS ever, don't play in bad servers. Find one populated by a clan and with good admins.
                What I've always done. Figure out what servers you like and go back to them.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
                  What I've always done. Figure out what servers you like and go back to them.
                  That don't work if you have 5 servers in your area of which one is populated.

Comment

Yup, I go to the same servers everyday. Well there's only 4 that I like. 1 is Nam, 3 is BFBC2.

These servers are usually populated and have admin patrols.

Comment

I think the teams get stacked because the good players want and NEED to play with people who work as a team and think tactically. I can't count the number of times I switched teams because my team refused to PLAY and just camped out as snipers leaving the flags to the enemy.

As a level 50 I have no problem making an effort with a team and helping out but I REFUSE to play on a team that just won't try to win. I'm guessing that all these so called "snipers" are kids who have no F*CKING clue what it means to strive for a win and how rewarding it is to win (or lose) knowing you and your team did their best. Kids these days just don't get that. To them it's OK and even COOL to fail... As a former teacher I blame this on the coddling of today's parents and the educational system.

Comment

Old people are generally stupid and have slower reflexes in my experience.

See? I made a general statement bracketing an age group into a single category. I'm not in the group so it makes me feel better to say negative things about them.

Comment

Haha, all the old guys I know who play BC2 are just plain awful. They usually do try to go for the objectives though... probably because its the only thing they can do.

Comment

What is old?

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

To be playing video games? I usually consider like 40+ to be old.

Comment

Working...
                              X