Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just had an interesting Twitter exchange with Demize...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just had an interesting Twitter exchange with Demize...

Originally posted by Kylee!
    Annnnd 90% of the population eats it up and loves it.
    Then we need some population control, 90% of the population needs to be murdered.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
      Not saying you think that Jimy, but the biggest non-buggy complaint about BC2 was how it wasnt like BF2.
      Pretty much all of my complaints with BFBC2 are bug-related. That and loser admins, but that's neither here nor there...

I didn't even like BF2 all that much.

Originally posted by Spik3d
      Then we need some population control, 90% of the population needs to be murdered.
      Yeah, and you're nowhere near the other 10%.

Comment

4. Posting

• While we want everyone to express themselves as freely as possible, it is NOT acceptable to constantly complain, threaten, rant, flame, or behave like a forum troll. If you have nothing constructive to add or bring to the community then you should strongly consider taking some time and formulating a way to express yourself that falls within the acceptable guidelines.
        This is the warning.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Yeah, BF2 looked great and DICE had fresh and cool ideas and as long as they dont deviate from those ideas of years ago, everything should be good, right?

Not saying you think that Jimy, but the biggest non-buggy complaint about BC2 was how it wasnt like BF2.

Crunch
          And that's a pointless argument. BC2 didn't need to be like BF2 because it wasn't a sequel to the game.

BF3 needs to keep the basic feel of the game as BF2. Vehicles should respond close to the same.

From my experience with the game the largest complainers about something like Jets being overpowered were people who couldn't master them.
          I didn't see that many games that were so bad on the losing side that I just didn't feel like playing. The ones that were like that always had half the team sitting on like the carrier waiting for a vehicle.

Not saying it wasn't possible and didn't happen often that one team would get too powerful due to side swapping or clans and ruin the game for the other side. That happened plenty enough. It just wasn't a problem with me. People are so different that you can't make everyone happy.

When things get difficult many people especially kids and fellow Americans wuss out pretty quickly. I enjoyed switching to the team that was severely underpowered but realize that not everyone is like that. Watching every game cater to these people so much that all games are becoming the same is getting frustrating.

Comment

Jets are op in BF2 considering we have horrible stingers, you just had to pop flares or fire the 30mm on the stingers before it even fires since we all know where the static defenses are. Jets have no real counter except enemy jets, if you lose air superiority you were in big scheisse as it shuts almost all your ground force (souvenir of "another day for the chinese on Wake Island").

In PoE2 for ex, which is basically BF2 balanced, you have direct fire AA like the ZU23 and it's actually possible to shot down a chopper/plane real fast if they go near you and the mobile AA is quite decent too, and if I'm right you had portable stinger too.

Comment

I do agree Infernalis. The anti-air options in BF2 were retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
                And that's a pointless argument. BC2 didn't need to be like BF2 because it wasn't a sequel to the game.
                Exactly! Very much so.

BF3 needs to keep the basic feel of the game as BF2. Vehicles should respond close to the same.
                Yes. I agree

From my experience with the game the largest complainers about something like Jets being overpowered were people who couldn't master them.
                I didn't see that many games that were so bad on the losing side that I just didn't feel like playing. The ones that were like that always had half the team sitting on like the carrier waiting for a vehicle.
                And that was the problem for me. I did learn the jets not because I wanted to pwn everything but because the people that thought they knew how to fly them didnt. The other team would get a good pilot and with no AA that worked, we were always doomed. I didnt want to be a pilot all the time, I wanted to blow stuff up with my C4, which was nerfed 3 different times BTW.

Not saying it wasn't possible and didn't happen often that one team would get too powerful due to side swapping or clans and ruin the game for the other side. That happened plenty enough. It just wasn't a problem with me. People are so different that you can't make everyone happy.

When things get difficult many people especially kids and fellow Americans wuss out pretty quickly. I enjoyed switching to the team that was severely underpowered but realize that not everyone is like that. Watching every game cater to these people so much that all games are becoming the same is getting frustrating.
                I agree and did that many times. I was in a clan back then and they always wanted to stack our server, but I would always switch. Everyone was cool if at least one clan member was on their side, especially the one that knew how to handle the jets and helis

Like Infernalis said, if there was reliable AA, I would probably still be playing BF2. And I know we have had these long winded debates about it in the past and anyone reading my post and think they are going to argue with me about it, save your breathe (typing fingers) because you are not going to change my mind.

Crunch

Comment

Actually, I think even more than the lack of sufficient AA, the big problem with jets was the target painter allowing the pilot to see from half the map away where all the enemy vehicles were located. Even if the AA was better the pilot could still smear the AA station from farther off than the lock-on range allowed because he knew beforehand which ones were occupied. Hopefully if there are jets in BF3 (which IMO there has to be) they make it so they can only see enemy vehicles that have been spotted by teammates or something else like that.

Comment

Oh yes, I forgot about that. They could include what was intended in BF2, a designator laser like in the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
                      Man, people hate on developers for not interacting with the community, and they hate on them for interacting with the community.

"tweets" are not communicating with the community, they are just tweets. Developers shouldn't be perusing and commenting on their social network pages at work, it just looks unprofessional, the community manager should be communicating with us which he rarely does.

I have all the high hopes in the world for BF3, i don't think I've ever anticipated a battlefield game more in my life but until DICE does something to earn back my trust I will remain a pessimist and that's my right as a burned consumer. Noone likes a hater and I'm certainly not hating, I'm just frustrated with DICE and rightfully so, you all forgot the mile long list of undelivered promises DICE has been giving us for the last 6 years, your all very forgiving in that matter, i envy you for it.

I've been fed so much BS by DICE i just cant believe anything they say anymore unless it's confirmed by a third or fourth party so i certainty wont hold high hopes for a tweet, sure tweets can be a great moral booster for a community eagerly awaiting any word they can get but i also remember GVD doing all kinds of tweets about BF1943 and getting more excited with each one............ where did that get us?

DICE is a love hate anyway, it always has been and it always will be with such a "fanatic" community and that being said nomatter what gets into the game or gets cut we will all be buying it, loving it, and we wont be-able to get enough of it so in the long run none of this really even matters. I think were just a bit louder with our concerns about it because we pretty much know modders wont be allowed to fix this this one.

Originally posted by Infernalis

In PoE2 for ex, which is basically BF2 balanced, you have direct fire AA like the ZU23 and it's actually possible to shot down a chopper/plane real fast if they go near you and the mobile AA is quite decent too, and if I'm right you had portable stinger too.
                      POE2 was everything BF2 should of been, it was BF2 with the luxury of hindsight but it didn't have the flashy badges, ribbons and stats for the new type of battlefield player ranks invited so it sat largely unappreciated by the masses.

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
                        "tweets" are not communicating with the community, they are an advertisement tool and your all sucking it up like they are your "buddies" just wanting to chat.

sorry but I've been fed so much total BS and flat out lies from DICE i just cant believe anything they say anymore unless it's confirmed by a third party, call me a pessimist but I've just been burned by them too many times to get all excited about some tweet.

Comment

Power is correct though. I dont know about whats he has been burned on, but look at all the things said and then what happens in the end. Just a quick few:

1943 for PC.
                          1.51 2142 Patch .
                          Music selection in BC2:vietnam.
                          Bugs that were denied as bugs in BC2.
                          Bugs that were confirmed in BC2 and are still not fixed.
                          How great MoH is. (Of course I dont know if that was DICE saying that but EA)

Then there is the fact that some of the developers made fun of PC players by mocking their issues or grievences.

DICE is not the DICE it was. EA tells them what to do and how to schedule, but that doesnt excuse them for ignoring a lot of things that they just dont comment on, again like 1943.

So you should take what is being said about how BF3 was a home run to the board of whatever with a grain of salt.

Crunch

Comment

Power is correct though. I dont know about whats he has been burned on, but look at all the things said and then what happens in the end. Just a quick few:

1943 for PC.
                            1.51 2142 Patch .
                            Music selection in BC2:vietnam.
                            Bugs that were denied as bugs in BC2.
                            Bugs that were confirmed in BC2 and are still not fixed.
                            How great MoH is. (Of course I dont know if that was DICE saying that but EA)

Then there is the fact that some of the developers made fun of PC players by mocking their issues or grievences.

DICE is not the DICE it was. EA tells them what to do and how to schedule, but that doesnt excuse them for ignoring a lot of things that they just dont comment on, again like 1943.

So you should take what is being said about how BF3 was a home run to the board of whatever with a grain of salt.

Crunch
                            This is true, and Power did make good points, but I couldn't help myself but post that. He just seemed so personally offended by it.

These sorts of things don't really get to me so much. "Que Sera Sera"

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
                              "tweets" are not communicating with the community, they are just tweets. Developers shouldn't be perusing and commenting on their social network pages at work, it just looks unprofessional, the community manager should be communicating with us which he rarely does.

I have all the high hopes in the world for BF3, i don't think I've ever anticipated a battlefield game more in my life but until DICE does something to earn back my trust I will remain a pessimist and that's my right as a burned consumer. Noone likes a hater and I'm certainly not hating, I'm just frustrated with DICE and rightfully so, you all forgot the mile long list of undelivered promises DICE has been giving us for the last 6 years, your all very forgiving in that matter, i envy you for it.
                              Social networking is as much a part of communication these days as is email or forums. They use words to portray information just like any other aspect of communication, I fail to see what's un-professional about it especially when we have people like fricking Tiger Woods who have Twitter accounts.

I mean, lets be real. We're talking about video games, entertainment. Not politics, war, or the economy. Get heated over those things because you just look silly when you get all passionate about video game companies... I don't forgive DICE, I don't condone them either, they (their games) are simply there for my entertainment, and when I get tired of their entertainment then I'll stop playing their games and go indulge myself in real life a bit more.

People who talk about DICE like it's their alcoholic father who deserted them and their family and married a stripper are just deceiving themselves.

I mean sure, as a company, DICE has made some shady decisions, but do any of them really affect you as a person? What, if someone asks you why you're all depressed one day are you going to tell them its because you're favorite game developer didn't release a patch on time?

I mean, most people here know I don't think BC2 is as good as BF2, or the older style of games where it seems gameplay seems to be held over anything else, and I do miss those days where games were a bit more fun, and I'll complain about it just as much as Rambo at this point, but I'm not going to actually get angry or offended because a video game wasn't what I wanted it to be.

Comment

Its so simple why many are angry.Dice had a formular that worked insanely good for 3 BF titles(4 if you count 2142)

Then along came consoles,Dice rolled over and now we(PC) feel ripped off,left out, sold out ect. Ive been playing BF since 2002 like a few here(now thats a lot of hours), maybe we are ole,maybe we are stuck in our dream of what was but i dont think any of us want to see the game go backwards in gameplay.

Basically its EA making muliplatform games,did they really think they could please everone with one majic wond

Comment

Working...
                                X