just an observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: just an observation

imo they just need to basically remake BF2, with some of the good balance ideas from 2142 and some of the fluid gameplay of BC2 (as in the feel of infantry fighting etc)

prone back would be good, as long as it is implemented properly, e.g clipping through walls and how 2142 did the accuracy and deviation changes etc

otherwise, don't really care about the health system, I was annoyed at first about regen health in BC2 but its done properly since it regens so slowly, but I wouldn't mind if it wasn't in BF3, guess it would lead to more rage with the retard medics

then just get back to good maps, expansive, sprawling, make conquest fun again; not a bad thing to have rush in there as well for a change of pace but conquest in BC2 sucks imo because of how limited the maps are

then have jets back but with proper AA

Comment

Originally posted by '[GCA
      Tim270;2805636'Imo. BFC2 is a very good game in its own right. It is however, not a very good Battlefield game. Battlefield to me is the battlefield 'moments' that DICE devs talk about, when you see jets dog-fighting over-head, tanks engaging a epic battle around you and the infantry skirmishing. I just dont see these at all in BC2. Now if BC2 had proper combined arms and dropped down to basic destructible and went for bigger maps (Which it can do) then I would love the game, but as it is its mediocre.
      I dont know, Conquest on Phu Bai Valley can be pretty intense with 2 hueys and 4 tanks.

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
      I don't believe DICE is capable of making proper AA versus a high-speed plane, and that can be game-breaking if they include jets.
      I would very much prefer if they stuck to choppers and maybe slow close-air-support planes like the A10.

Alternately make the Jets Air Superiority only, without any ground attack capability. That could work if there are loads of choppers and ground attack planes.

Comment

All previous BFs had Prone and it got us the best game PC ever! had!!(42 and Bf2)

If you think Prone is crap ,then by default you also think 1942 and bf2 was crap!:evil:

That said,i bet $1000000 dollars BF3 does not have it,they seem to be going in the noobified game direction:shakehead:.

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
          imo they just need to basically remake BF2, with some of the good balance ideas from 2142 and some of the fluid gameplay of BC2 (as in the feel of infantry fighting etc)

prone back would be good, as long as it is implemented properly, e.g clipping through walls and how 2142 did the accuracy and deviation changes etc

otherwise, don't really care about the health system, I was annoyed at first about regen health in BC2 but its done properly since it regens so slowly, but I wouldn't mind if it wasn't in BF3, guess it would lead to more rage with the retard medics

then just get back to good maps, expansive, sprawling, make conquest fun again; not a bad thing to have rush in there as well for a change of pace but conquest in BC2 sucks imo because of how limited the maps are

Yea, basically what I said.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate79
            In the most friendly way possible, I'd like to ask from those who like prone, why? When sniping, I was rarely prone in any game because the cover got in the way. Usually crouch was my sniping position on the rare occasion that I chose Sniper in BF2 or Recon in BC2. I don't miss it one bit playing BC2, but my style of play is very much run n gun. I get bored sitting in one place and would rather push to the next capture. Defending is ok, but I prefer being on offense anyday.
            Prone is necessary to make the smallest vertical target. This is especially useful if you are on a roof and being shot. Sometimes crouching doesn't get you low enough.

Also - if you prone, the tanks main gun has a longer radius of ineffectiveness. So you could lay down and develop a plan if spotted next to a tank because he'd have to back up farther to reach you with the gun. There are many reasons beyond sniping that prone would be great.

Also prone while crawling helps move between objects when there is only slight cover.

Comment

BC is too much run and gun for me ,Imagine crawling up hill 1337 on your belly,It would slow the game down and make for much more sharpshooting and carefull game play(and ovcourse you would need to get up and make a wild dash sometimes too)

BFs gameplay is more stragetic and slower than BCs charge into the gun alley style gaming,I think its just BC thats the problem lol.Waits for BF3

I swear ,Dice have already watered down Vietnams name,but if the do that to BF i will be done with dice,EA

Comment

Not to take a shot at Rambo, but if I had a nickle for every time someone posted, "If DICE does/doesn't do xxxxx then I am done with them," I would be a wealthy man.

Comment

Originally posted by Roamer
                  If you press the ESC key while you are dead the scoreboard will come up. Then press ESC again to return to the spawn screen. This works in BFBC2 and in Vietnam.

If they allowed for hand held anti-aircraft missiles then the jet jockeys would be a bit more circumspect about the way they would fly. The BF2 mod Point of Existence had stinger missiles strewn about some of the maps and they were very useful evening the playing field they also had anti-air artillery that also tore low flying jets to shreds.
                  Shouldn't the actual key mapped to scoreboard "TAB" work rather than hitting ESC?

Comment

Desert Combat had a lot of offer back in the day. Being able to deploy your own small sand bag fortifications I truly miss.

The trouble is people don't know how good 1942 was. That was 8 years ago and the Halos, CODs and MOHs have dumbed down expectations of a FPS. Now they want it all Michael Bay, pretty, explosive with no substance just eye candy and action.

Does anyone remember the epic battles on 1942 on maps like Midway? If you never played it imagine this:
                    An island with 2 flag positions, 2 shore batteries, AA positions, hangar with 2 planes.
                    1 battleship per side with landing craft, AA batteries and 2 sets of huge gun turrets. (4 players can occupy the functions on a battleship)
                    1 destroyer per side
                    (again 4 players can occupy the functions there)
                    1 Carrier per side
                    (4 AA batteries and 1 helmsman, 2 landing craft and it spawns 2 aircraft)
                    1 submarine per side used by 1 player each

Now the siege of the island, the teams fought for control of the seas to the north and south of the island while infantry landed to take the island. Ships bombarded the island to soften fortifications as did planes. Meanwhile planes hunted the other ships and planes while subs sought to sink the capital ships and destroyers hunted them.

It was epic. I remember being a pilot and spending the entire round flying with my friends and hunting other planes and ships. Seeing a friend as a tail gunner provide cover as we made our passes and hearing him over ventrilo say "they're trying to take off now". When the island would change hands we'd strafe the airfield and keep them from launching more aircraft. Later we might use the ships and look for the enemy navy, cut off their reinforcements and confine them to the island. Players would have to fly over the carriers or airfield to re-arm. The snipers would spot the enemy and whatever he spotted the artillery (get this) controlled by other players could see and they controlled the fire. They would aim, range in and adjust fire. No magic mortar fire controlled by the computer or an uncontrolled animated Apache appearing on screen to shoot at what you spotted. Engineers would keep the ships afloat, repair AA guns or mine the pathways on the island to keep vehicle movement to a minimum. Meanwhile support, AT, medic and assault classes duked it out on the beaches, huts and airfield. You didn't need an AA gun to shoot down planes either, the vehicle mounted guns on the landing craft or tanks could do just fine.

You also had precise communications yes sir, roger, no, negative, enemy ship spotted, I need a medic!, I need ammo! all there.

You could never have all that with a console and it's meager game controller, it's simply too much and possibly too deep for the average console gamer's mentality. They want things instantaneous, spawn, kill, die. No helping, team play or real objectives just kill and rank up to get a better gun to kill some more.

Now 2005-2006 with BF2 and BF2142. Still huge maps and a robust supply of vehicles and classes. It began to get dumbed down a bit. Now magically both armies work for the same unlocks rather than maintaining their army's weapons catalog. True story, 1st time playing Bad co 2 my friend asks "what team are you?" I look at my weapon and go "Uh Russian". Minutes later "dude, you're American you're on the wrong side". Why did I assume I was Russian? Because having Soviet or Russian made weapons in my hand would lead me to that obvious assumption. I know to the average person with A.D.D. a gun is a gun but I like the idea of the armies have their weapons. You learn the sounds of the guns and as the opposite team you might experience "oh **** I just heard an AK. An enemy must be near by". The introduction of a commander, squad and squad leader was a great idea. Though more could have been done with the commander controls. They attempted to get players to work more as a team. Over time the number of maps became enormous. The mod community worked to make the games better too. Project Reality and Hard Justice made BF2 great and richer.

The purpose of conquest is to take and defend positions just like if you're defending an m-com on a rush map. How does one defend? Some might say "Camp". So yes you do need to camp and prone would be useful. I'm not always on the attack, once we get the majority of positions I switch to a defensive more and wait for counter attack.

Fleeing for your life from a tank? go prone behind a rock or obstacle. Laying in wait for a vehicle to cross your path so you can detonate your C4 again prone would be nice. Heavy MG fire, go prone in a ditch and crawl to work to out flank that position. Prone made machine guns more stable so laying down covering fire was actually useful.

Sorry consolers but First Person Shooters for you are like that cheap gum you get at halloween. Minutes later the flavor is gone and you're over it. That means more $$$ for developers so of course they want to spoon feed you again and again. Time to buy the next COD, MOH or Bad co. Some of us played Bf1942 from 2002 until 2005!!! Then played Bf2 and 2142 from 2005/2006 until now! Why because there was something lacking in today's games... substance.

Comment

oh yeh and no more auto aim knife ffs (oh yeh and the idea of the spec slots should be reworked, pick a spec for smoke lols)

I think they can make AA, but there should be several different systems for it, like flak, missiles etc etc mobile and handheld

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyhavoc
                        Desert Combat had a lot of offer back in the day. Being able to deploy your own small sand bag fortifications I truly miss.

The trouble is people don't know how good 1942 was. That was 8 years ago and the Halos, CODs and MOHs have dumbed down expectations of a FPS. Now they want it all Michael Bay, pretty, explosive with no substance just eye candy and action.

Does anyone remember the epic battles on 1942 on maps like Midway? If you never played it imagine this:
                        An island with 2 flag positions, 2 shore batteries, AA positions, hangar with 2 planes.
                        1 battleship per side with landing craft, AA batteries and 2 sets of huge gun turrets. (4 players can occupy the functions on a battleship)
                        1 destroyer per side
                        (again 4 players can occupy the functions there)
                        1 Carrier per side
                        (4 AA batteries and 1 helmsman, 2 landing craft and it spawns 2 aircraft)
                        1 submarine per side used by 1 player each

Now the siege of the island, the teams fought for control of the seas to the north and south of the island while infantry landed to take the island. Ships bombarded the island to soften fortifications as did planes. Meanwhile planes hunted the other ships and planes while subs sought to sink the capital ships and destroyers hunted them.

It was epic. I remember being a pilot and spending the entire round flying with my friends and hunting other planes and ships. Seeing a friend as a tail gunner provide cover as we made our passes and hearing him over ventrilo say "they're trying to take off now". When the island would change hands we'd strafe the airfield and keep them from launching more aircraft. Later we might use the ships and look for the enemy navy, cut off their reinforcements and confine them to the island. Players would have to fly over the carriers or airfield to re-arm. The snipers would spot the enemy and whatever he spotted the artillery (get this) controlled by other players could see and they controlled the fire. They would aim, range in and adjust fire. No magic mortar fire controlled by the computer or an uncontrolled animated Apache appearing on screen to shoot at what you spotted. Engineers would keep the ships afloat, repair AA guns or mine the pathways on the island to keep vehicle movement to a minimum. Meanwhile support, AT, medic and assault classes duked it out on the beaches, huts and airfield. You didn't need an AA gun to shoot down planes either, the vehicle mounted guns on the landing craft or tanks could do just fine.

You also had precise communications yes sir, roger, no, negative, enemy ship spotted, I need a medic!, I need ammo! all there.

You could never have all that with a console and it's meager game controller, it's simply too much and possibly too deep for the average console gamer's mentality. They want things instantaneous, spawn, kill, die. No helping, team play or real objectives just kill and rank up to get a better gun to kill some more.

Now 2005-2006 with BF2 and BF2142. Still huge maps and a robust supply of vehicles and classes. It began to get dumbed down a bit. Now magically both armies work for the same unlocks rather than maintaining their army's weapons catalog. True story, 1st time playing Bad co 2 my friend asks "what team are you?" I look at my weapon and go "Uh Russian". Minutes later "dude, you're American you're on the wrong side". Why did I assume I was Russian? Because having Soviet or Russian made weapons in my hand would lead me to that obvious assumption. I know to the average person with A.D.D. a gun is a gun but I like the idea of the armies have their weapons. You learn the sounds of the guns and as the opposite team you might experience "oh **** I just heard an AK. An enemy must be near by". The introduction of a commander, squad and squad leader was a great idea. Though more could have been done with the commander controls. They attempted to get players to work more as a team. Over time the number of maps became enormous. The mod community worked to make the games better too. Project Reality and Hard Justice made BF2 great and richer.

The purpose of conquest is to take and defend positions just like if you're defending an m-com on a rush map. How does one defend? Some might say "Camp". So yes you do need to camp and prone would be useful. I'm not always on the attack, once we get the majority of positions I switch to a defensive more and wait for counter attack.

Fleeing for your life from a tank? go prone behind a rock or obstacle. Laying in wait for a vehicle to cross your path so you can detonate your C4 again prone would be nice. Heavy MG fire, go prone in a ditch and crawl to work to out flank that position. Prone made machine guns more stable so laying down covering fire was actually useful.

Sorry consolers but First Person Shooters for you are like that cheap gum you get at halloween. Minutes later the flavor is gone and you're over it. That means more $$$ for developers so of course they want to spoon feed you again and again. Time to buy the next COD, MOH or Bad co. Some of us played Bf1942 from 2002 until 2005!!! Then played Bf2 and 2142 from 2005/2006 until now! Why because there was something lacking in today's games... substance.
                        That 1942 map sounds epic, i sadly only started PC gaming from CS:Source and then BF2 but like I said, it sounds epic.

Also I 100% agree with everything you said.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyhavoc
                          -Give attack helicopter gunners guided missiles NOT tracer darts

Why??? So the air whores and stat padders can come back like in BF2???

NO THANKS!!!

Bad Company 2 was a breath of fresh air. The aircraft could be taken out REALISTICALLY meaning they don't survive an anti tank rocket let alone 2 anti tank rockets like in BF2. This is what really drove me away from BF2 and if it comes back in BF3 I won't be buying it. I like the battle to remain on the ground and the aircraft to be vulnerable enough to keep things balanced.

That said, now you have to be a REALLY GOOD pilot to survive the ground fire and not just some noob with an X52pro and macros up the ying yang. I've seen really good pilots own in the face of incredibly intense ground fire so in my opinion the choppers and transports are VERY well balanced for this game.

I'm so glad they fixed this problem in BC2

Comment

Originally posted by AKULA
                            Why??? So the air whores and stat padders can come back like in BF2???

NO THANKS!!!

Bad Company 2 was a breath of fresh air. The aircraft could be taken out REALISTICALLY meaning they don't survive an anti tank rocket let alone 2 anti tank rockets like in BF2. This is what really drove me away from BF2 and if it comes back in BF3 I won't be buying it. I like the battle to remain on the ground and the aircraft to be vulnerable enough to keep things balanced.

That said, now you have to be a REALLY GOOD pilot to survive the ground fire and not just some noob with an X52pro and macros up the ying yang. I've seen really good pilots own in the face of incredibly intense ground fire so in my opinion the choppers and transports are VERY well balanced for this game.

I'm so glad they fixed this problem in BC2
                            so keep playing bfbc2. i hope that they instead of making a bfbc3 called bf3 , they actually make a bf3

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                              so keep playing bfbc2. i hope that they instead of making a bfbc3 called bf3 , they actually make a bf3
                              Thats an interesting quote, considering that we are the ones who have embraced progress, while others have being sticking to a game that is half a decade old.

No worries, they will make a BF3. But the chances of it being a BF2-2 are miniscule.
                              I am sure that we will get larger maps and more vehicles, but dont expect DICE to roll the gameplay back 10 years. I get the feeling that they are pretty happy with the direction they have being taking it with first BF2142 and later BC2.

Now who do you think are going to like it the most? Those who adapted to BF2142 and BC2 and enjoyed them, or those who have been dismissing all changes with "Not BF2!!!!1!".

And about prone: If someone told you that they were skipping the whole BF series because it had no lean, you would think they were nuts. Try to put things a bit in perspective.

Comment

I didn't say I'd skip a game because it had no prone but I automatically know the target audience when it doesn't. Personally I always wanted lean or better yet blind fire. It would be so nice to stick your weapon around a corner or over a ledge and randomly shoot to keep the other guys heads down.

In BF2 I remember taking out helos with the vehicle mounted guns no problem. In the Hard justice mod they made shoulder fired SA-7 anti-air missiles that worked great. 1 hit and a jet was smoking, 2nd hit and it exploded. It made it so that the infantryman wasn't helpless. But first they would have to make maps which aren't so small that you seen enemy aircraft take off from their main base. Atacama Desert is pathetic in that nature. You can stand in your base and watch the enemy helicopter take off...lame. But again look at who the game is aimed at, a 13 year old's and adult with ADD attention span isn't long enough to not get frustrated if they have to travel more than 15 seconds into battle. "ugh this is boring, I've been running for ever... back to COD".

Comment

Working...
                                X