just an observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: just an observation

where the heck is chris redfield? he'd pwn all you guys in this discussion with his walls of texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
      where the heck is chris redfield? he'd pwn all you guys in this discussion with his walls of texts.
      A wall of text is only useful against someone too stupid to read more than a page in a few seconds. I was always able to give him logical arguments to the point that he basically had to insult me to feel that he won. Either that or I agreed with him...

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze6nB...eature=related

Take a look at that video of a game released in 2002 and compare it to your screenshot above and tell me again, where is this progress of which you speak? The picture is battlefield-ish. The video is a Battlefield.
        That looks great, but not much like BF2 either. (And there are more people interacting in my screenshot, the video has mosly 1v1 action). But what is fun with WW2 planes would be absolute hell with modern jets, due to the way technology has increased the power of aircraft tenfold compared to ground vehicles.

The main problem with Jets are:
        A) Their speed
        B) Fire and forget weapons

In a WWII scenario a tank-driver can offer serious resistance to a plane with his MG. In a modern scenario he wont even see the plane that kills him.

Originally posted by idontcare
        I have great memories about 2142, I wish the Saaw airtube wasn't such a turd, It was fun to get 3 guys with AA tubes to win the skys for your team. But I have to say there were some very good gunship pilots.
        Turd? It worked OK after a few dozen patches. And it was useless against ground vehicles, preventing the skies from being closed completely.
        But imagine if we have had jet-like planes in 2142. The SAAW would have to be almost an instakill fire-and-forget to match their high speed and unknown approach, which would of course make it incredible overpowered versus the gunships.

But I expect Jets to be included in BF3, I just hope they manage to balance them properly this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty

Battlefield 1942 Battle of Midway --Midway is a pure sea and air map, mostly ocean but with a small island with two capture points in the middle of the map....

Take a look at that video of a game released in 2002 and compare it to your screenshot above and tell me again, where is this progress of which you speak? The picture is battlefield-ish. The video is a Battlefield.

I think bf2142 titanmode was a bring back of the submarines and ships you could use in bf1942 , but kinda of a mix. still i really love today in bf2142 the titan battles, i think it was agreat idea and i dont understand why people didnt like bf2142.

I wouldnt mind having in bf3 a titan mode, but instead of titans it could be both teams with a different naval ship and it could work the same way.
          but with prone, destruction, planes, huge maps, blah blah blah..

Comment

saaw is okay but nothing beats pilum sniping aircrafts out of the air. well maybe infantry sniping with the pilum.
            i never was good with the guided AT rockets but some guys can take out gunships in the air with those really well too.

if they only release the patch and put it on steam already... i need to hit 2000 hrs!

fwiw, from what i remember, BF vietnam had a stinger infantry AA that was rather effective. AA just got worse from there for BF.

Comment

Titan mode was great. I see no reason why they couldnt replace the sci-fi shields with something else that has to be brought down first.
              E.g. you can only approach an enemy ship by helicopter, and it will have a fully automated defence system that needs to exhaust its missile supply first.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                Titan mode was great. I see no reason why they couldnt replace the sci-fi shields with something else that has to be brought down first.
                E.g. you can only approach an enemy ship by helicopter, and it will have a fully automated defence system that needs to exhaust its missile supply first.
                or, instead of capturing silos that would take down the shield, you would capture flags ,and those flags had artillery near it. you know , like these: http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/6/5453/33335.jpg
                atleast 1 and that artillery would shoot to take down one of the ship defences. you would have to destroy all the ship defenses then you would be able to approach the ship

Comment

Jimy, thats titan mode!

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Or instead of the Titan mode various objectives like in both enemy territory so you can combine SnD, CTF etc in one map but it requires good level design...

Comment

BF2 Jets but take away the green box of doom that the pilots had, that way it would make AA harder to kill, harder to find, and more effective as multiple AA will own a jet. Ofcourse a good pilot will still be effective, but if you are very good at something then you are going to get a high score and be a great asset to the team.

Seriously if jets only had that green box appear when the vehicle was spotted, it would be much more balanced, a pilot would need the rest of his team to spot, and with a bad team 1 jet pilot couldn't dramatically alter the game.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                        Jimy, thats titan mode!

Crunch
                        yeah i know that xD. i was trying to transfer titan mode from bf2142 to bf3. instead of titans like in bf2142 we would have naval ships, and like that we would be having titan mode in bf3

Originally posted by Infernalis
                        Or instead of the Titan mode various objectives like in both enemy territory so you can combine SnD, CTF etc in one map but it requires good level design...
                        thats basically some sort of rush and conquest mixed. i kinda like the idea.

Comment

Titan mode was brilliant because it excelled at capturing the Battlefield experience, wide drawn out maps that still managed to focus people around silos, but with the added time factor. Tickets are great as well, but nothing like capping that silo just before a missile launch and anxiously watching the state of your shields

then assault the dam thing, and the 2 behemoths blasting **** out of the map was just bat**** crazy immense

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                            Titan mode was brilliant because it excelled at capturing the Battlefield experience, wide drawn out maps that still managed to focus people around silos, but with the added time factor. Tickets are great as well, but nothing like capping that silo just before a missile launch and anxiously watching the state of your shields

then assault the dam thing, and the 2 behemoths blasting **** out of the map was just bat**** crazy immense

still today some of my best bf moments were racing the other team in capping a silo when both titans were at its last bit of health, and to see wich missile hitted first or pray that the other part of your team assaulting the titan managed to destroy it from the inside core

Comment

Titan mode was perfect until the interior defense/offense. If a reasonable amount of people stayed on the ground to cap silos it was good, but most of the time the first Titan to lose its shield became a giant ball of red and blue dots and the rest of the map became bare. So it's either sit there the rest of the map with your thumb up your @$$ (you'll win, but it's another 20 minutes of boring) or join in the giant cluster**** of Titan offense/defense.

Comment

titan layout was pretty horrible though. defenders had such an easy time killing the attackers and it was so demoralizing at times. this also caused everyone to just camp their titans to pad their stats.

Comment

Working...
                                X