Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do players "sit back" while using bolt-action rifles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do players "sit back" while using bolt-action rifles?

One things for sure though... I'm SOOOOO glad they made all the aircraft more vulnerable to ground fire.

Comment

Originally posted by AKULA
      One things for sure though... I'm SOOOOO glad they made all the aircraft more vulnerable to ground fire.
      im not

Comment

yeah and your team loses because all you wanted to do was sit back and snipe. Hell they don't even use all the tools they have at their disposal. I can't remember how many thousands if times I've seen snipers sitting at the base trying to "snipe" and MISS!!!! then to add insult to injury there's no spotting, no arty and no motion sensors. If you ask me the sniper class should yield WAY fewer points as an effort to get those that love the sniper class to get off their ass and do SOMETHING.
        BUT, if you are a bad sniper, which you are describing, you dont get all those points. Thats the great thing about the sniper class. You want to be one, you can, but if you are bad at it, you are not going to rake in the points because of it.

The same holds true for the other classes as well. Nothing gets me more than not getting ammo/health when I ask for it. Or tanks dominating the field and everyone running around with a CG and killing infantry.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I mostly use VSS and GOl with 12x scope and magnum for long range. So many people rage at you when you get them from the other side of the map. I recently got a +260 marksman score for sniping a guy in the head on one of the new maps with VSS and 12x, which is a great bonus score considering it usually takes 2 shots to the head to kill in hardcore. VSS+ extra ammo+ magnum is a beast in CQC and medium range.

Comment

Even if I am doing long range marksman, I don't use 12x. I need that slot for my C4.

Also be aware that 12x makes it impossible to fight target at close range.

Comment

You talking about the C4 upgrade so you can have more than 3?

That seems to come in handy

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Almost plat for C4 Wink Wink.

I toss em on walls when there are people inside and detonate them, sometimes i get triples kills with 3 C4. Even double kills with one stick.

I play Arica Conquest most, very handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
                  Even if I am doing long range marksman, I don't use 12x. I need that slot for my C4.

Also be aware that 12x makes it impossible to fight target at close range.
                  Then how come I can do it easily scoped and no scoped? I am a God, I know everything. I just can't remember it all.

Comment

yeah and your team loses because all you wanted to do was sit back and snipe. Hell they don't even use all the tools they have at their disposal. I can't remember how many thousands if times I've seen snipers sitting at the base trying to "snipe" and MISS!!!! then to add insult to injury there's no spotting, no arty and no motion sensors. If you ask me the sniper class should yield WAY fewer points as an effort to get those that love the sniper class to get off their ass and do SOMETHING.
                    This is a good description of most of the snipers I encounter. Most of them are just not team players.

Comment

Camping snipers, especially on Arica, invites the opponent team to base rape...Seen it happen too many times.

Then the victim team loses the next 2-3 rounds.

Comment

Interesting way to show people that using the sniper rifles at close range is effective. I like running with a few clan mates who use the red dot or 4x scope and go close to medium range with it. I have only done it a few times, but it is quite fun, but not much different than a shotgun.

Comment

The red dot or 4x approach is recommended for close range sniping for the M95 (since zoom speed is too slow).

But adding 4x reduces accuracy of marksman range shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
                            Camping snipers, especially on Arica, invites the opponent team to base rape...Seen it happen too many times.

Then the victim team loses the next 2-3 rounds.
                            Agreed. and besides, snipers in Arica Harbor are easy to pin... There's only so many spots you can snipe from... Heavy Metal HC is my favorite to snipe but at the same time I try to spot, drop arty and use team chat to report movement. some people just sit there and man is it ever frustrating!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L-iNC
                              Maybe people don't care about being the best but enjoy sitting back and sniping from distance?
                              This

When I'm eating, not doing so well in other gamestyles that day, or just relaxing, I most certainly don't want to run around and stay on my toes.

Comment

Working...
                              X