Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do players "sit back" while using bolt-action rifles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do players "sit back" while using bolt-action rifles?

This thread is starting to sound like a "I are awesom with rifles!" thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
      This thread is starting to sound like a "I are awesom with rifles!" thread.
      OK, fine, but you dont need to single me out Kylee, thats not cool.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
        OK, fine, but you dont need to single me out Kylee, thats not cool.

Crunch
        Hah.

But the SV98? Really?

The GOL is where its at IMO, best sights, better close/long range accuracy and power. Only downside is it has five less bullets you can shoot... which isn't that much of an obstacle when it comes to rifles IMO.

Comment

The GOL is the noob gun for the sniper snobs The SV98 is a lot of fun, I enjoyed using it.

Seriously though, the GOL is a very nice sniper rifle and has all those benefits, but there is just something about the SV98 that makes it fun to use.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
            but there is just something about the SV98 that makes it fun to use.
            Well I always seem to do better with snipers with the SV98's kind of sights. It reminds me of the SVD in BF2, I loved that gun so much lol.

Comment

i didn't like sv98's x-hairs because it sometimes blends in with the map. but once you get used to it, its large magazine make it superior to other rifles.

Comment

Well you must acknowledge that people miss, and it stinks to miss on the last bullet in the chamber. Reload and all.

In addition, not all of the shots are headshots. Sometimes long range or mid-range shots require a second shot. (If people don't have a habit to switching to pistol or target is moving at far)

Then there is the getting killed while reloading, smaller clip -> reloading more often.

Then there is also the opinions on dmg, I don't care about dmg that much, as long as I hit the head, the guy dies.

For those hardcore players, loud CRACKS from bolt-action give away the shooter's position (or potential area).

The SV98 doesn't have that much of noise. Pop, Pop, Pop.

Comment

I just can't stand the sights on the SV98, when I'm using the GOL I feel like I'm using an AWP.

Comment

Yeah I understand, the SV98 scope does look like it's "excessive." But what I really liked about it is the 3 arrows pointing up.

GOL sights are good, i admit, VERY VERY PRECISE [hitting a tick on someone's back], but origin [the +] is so small that I have trouble seeing.

I am spoiled from SVD.

Comment

Not sure why people think the sight on the GOL is good. I use the gun all the time but I find the sight to be extremely annoying, because it has no distance markers. The only way to get a long rage kill is to learn the gun and the surroundings enough to be able to judge the shots. You will almost always have shoot 1 or 2 rounds to adjust for range and height. The M1A2 Abrams has the same issue as the GOL; It's hard to judge your shots, so you have to play maps many times before you learn where to aim to land your shot. Even then you will still be inaccurate for the first or second shot at long range.

I prefer the sight on the M24 to all the other rifles because it's like the GOL but with dots I can use to mark distance.

Comment

I have many many super human abilities, one of them isn't reading the minds of BC2 players.

Comment

Close combat has so much fun than sniping. The sniper class should be removed for good.

Comment

Nah, the sniper is really useful in some situations. The sniper class should be capped in numbers though (like 1 sniper for 6 players), some servers already do that (you die immediatly if you spawn as sniper).

Comment

Originally posted by userdeal
                              Close combat has so much fun than sniping. The sniper class should be removed for good.
                              I just finished my platinum with the SVU and I did it by run n gunning.

I think if there is a limit on one class, there should be for all classes. Why should there be 4 medics in a squad for constant revives? Why do we need everyone shooting CGs or 40mms? Its a game and people should be able to play whatever class they want to. I went into a limited server the other day and played. Went into another one when I wanted to be a sniper and left. I have the choice and so do the server owners, and thats fine.

Crunch

Comment

At least in mode rush there should be a cap for the attacker side, you can't win when more than half the team is sniper unless the other team sux. But both free and limited amount of classes have their pros and cons, and I think BF will always have unlimited classes so why bother.

Comment

Working...
                                X