Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield pride

Everyone has to be put in a box.

As for KDR, for BC2, I think 1.5 is a really good one. Having 2 or higher and you must be doing something right for sure. That or camping real bad.

Sometimes I get home from work and I am too tired to run around everywhere and I will simply snipe at a distance. I want to do something easy. I will take it to the enemy another day.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

kdr really doesn't mean much, as there are so many ways to inflate your kdr that it is meaningless.
      i guess as long as it's over 1, you are positively contributing so that's good, but it doesn't mean that a guy with 1 is a worse player than 1.5 kdr. although the guy that constantly dies in rush offense or conquest will cost the team tickets, he could be the guy who's constantly trying to arm mcoms so you can't say he's totally useless to his team.

Comment

I figured we were assuming that the player is contributing and not just sniping from the hill. KDR only means something to the person who has it and what they have done to earn it.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

KDR is pretty random, I myself sort of have a stupidly high KD ratio

when I play I typically play assault and just murder people, planting MCOM charges etc, that part of the game is pretty straightforward imo not just because I have played all the battlefield games but other stuff like CSS comes in handy

but then I have rounds where I am either simply mowing through people uncontrollably or I go in a tank and get 30-0 lol

I don't think there are any decent ways to gauge how good a player is other than going into a game and playing with them and seeing how they perform in the situations that arise

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
            KDR is pretty random, I myself sort of have a stupidly high KD ratio

when I play I typically play assault and just murder people, planting MCOM charges etc, that part of the game is pretty straightforward imo not just because I have played all the battlefield games but other stuff like CSS comes in handy

but then I have rounds where I am either simply mowing through people uncontrollably or I go in a tank and get 30-0 lol

I don't think there are any decent ways to gauge how good a player is other than going into a game and playing with them and seeing how they perform in the situations that arise
            Yea this, pretty much the same.

Except mine isn't stupidly high... I don't play too much though.

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
              lol I'm so sorry signa ! I didn't even noticed since the new fonts appear quietly at the top right screen now! NEXT time spam hi red hi red hi red hi red! XD
              So Signa showed up on the EVGA servers last night and I promptly said "Hey Signa!"

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
              I never say hi to anyone. Especially not over voice. Too many scrotehats put their microphones next to their speakers and blast crappy music. So voice is disabled for good.
              It is hard to say hi to anyone when their forum name is so vastly different then there gamer name. Signa and I are one of only a handful of people that have names that are the same in and out of game. Also, you mention about voice...yeah, I used to use the hell out of Voice in BF2 and still do in Valve games, but with BC2, I just have my layout setup for TS and Vent only.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                KDR only means something to the person who has it and what they have done to earn it.
                This. I just hate when people have huge KDRs at the cost of never helping their team do anything. If you snipe from the hills and have a 3-1 KDR, you're still not helping the team win a lot of the time. So then people like me are rushing MCOMs virtually alone while 10 wookies watch for the muzzle flash when someone shoots me so they can all shoot at the other camper...

By the way, sniping isn't limited to the recon class. Anyone who hides well away from the objectives just to camp and pick people off with no danger to himself is still sniping. A lot of the time I see just as many Gustav and AN-94 4x snipers as recon snipers.

Originally posted by RocketChild
                It is hard to say hi to anyone when their forum name is so vastly different then there gamer name. Signa and I are one of only a handful of people that have names that are the same in and out of game. Also, you mention about voice...yeah, I used to use the hell out of Voice in BF2 and still do in Valve games, but with BC2, I just have my layout setup for TS and Vent only.
                I used voice in previous BF games and in CoD, but now I just join my clan's vent or if I'm running solo I'll sometimes join the clan vent of the server I'm on, just to be social. It's also prevented a few "cheater" bans.

Comment

Received some hackusations last night going 21-4 w/ the XM8C. :machineg: :R

Comment

Working...
                  X