Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obligatory BC2 Patch Thread (opinions and that stuff)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obligatory BC2 Patch Thread (opinions and that stuff)

Originally posted by Infernalis
    I heard the lag come from the procon tool admin but I have some doubts.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's because of that really.

Comment

Does anyone else think the new chat system is pretty bad. I hate to sound like an old fart dissing the game over and over again, but putting it in the top left corner with that horrible console type chat (as in console window, not a PS3/Xbox) is really ugly and you can't even leave the chat off, if someone talks, the big ugly bar pops up on your screen... then you get the mysterious translucent blue box...

I thought the old chat system was nice, at least with a console so you can see who has said what. Not an ugly chat system in the top corner :x

Also they nerfed the AT4 from 420 damage to 360 damage (same as RPG now), more proof that Demize doesn't understand balance. Clearly his thought was, nerf the tracer dart so now the AT4 is OP, must nerf that too....

Comment

demize is a moron :shakehead:
        he has made a lot of moronic "balance" tweaks, someone else should do balancing.

Comment

I thought the chat looked fine before, dunno why they changed it. It was a little bit bugged, but the look of it was fine imo

Comment

For the chat, I would like there to be a setting in the INI file that would allow you to set the size of the mini window, the transparency and the font size. It would also be great if you could adjust the float point too. Maybe in a future patch?

Comment

Between the discoloration, lag, and general poor functionality, I'd be fine if they removed the chat box altogether...

It's nothing but bad. There are no redeeming qualities to it.

Comment

yeh I frankly hate the new chat system and would much rather have the old one back

but yeh Demize is utter **** when it comes to game balance, the M16 still needs reverting, the LMGs looked at a bit, as well as the CG

edit: wtf he seriously ****ing lowered the damage on the AT4? Sorry but this guy is full of **** and doesn't know what game he is playing

Comment

Yeah there's no point using the AT-4 now, especially with so much players using the tracer (me included).

Comment

Damn it the AT4 with explosive power up rules vs armour. Thanks for nothing

What happoned to the buff for teh G3 we where promised?? Put back to the original spec they said........

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                      yeh I frankly hate the new chat system and would much rather have the old one back

but yeh Demize is utter **** when it comes to game balance, the M16 still needs reverting, the LMGs looked at a bit, as well as the CG

edit: wtf he seriously ****ing lowered the damage on the AT4? Sorry but this guy is full of **** and doesn't know what game he is playing
                      he was exposed for only playing console version. and then he was caught saying PC had v-smoke functional few months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                        I am not disagreeing that Demize is unbalanced, but I like the current M16 a lot, maybe because I didnt use it before the nerf.

Comment

The lag and Rubberbanding will be gone from Sunday, as they will be rolling out Server version R16 it will be a forced update, thanks to KC my clan was able to put the beta on our servers to see the difference and we had no issues

R16 will allow Infantry Only mode for Ranked servers aswell, tbh I dont want to see that at all just aint my thing.

AT4 was a disapointment but since getting it to Platinum I dont have to worry about it anymore/

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                            I am not disagreeing that Demize is unbalanced, but I like the current M16 a lot, maybe because I didnt use it before the nerf.

before the patch the M16 was a good well balanced gun, now it just doesn't do the damage unless you use magnum ammo, it doesn't stand up to other ARs any more, medium range it just feels weak, long range the spread strikes and close quarters you have the ROF yes but then ofc the spread strikes again, the gun was great because of versatility, comfortable firing from the hip, you just had to fire at half the ROF, it just feels like a spud gun now tbh (and I used the M16 a lot, suited me perfectly)

it simply annoys me more than anything because they managed to break stuff that doesn't need changing at all, when all they had to do in R7 was some minor things, they instead go and **** up other stuff

annoys me a lot when they do this, worst of all leave it to Demize

Comment

Can you not remove/resize the chat window with the console button? I thought that was the whole point of it, but I haven't tried it myself

I don't mind it at all myself but don't quite understand why they couldn't make it pretty much transparent

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto

R16 will allow Infantry Only mode for Ranked servers aswell, tbh I dont want to see that at all just aint my thing.
                                /
                                Back in the BF2 days, I was completely against IO. If you wanted to play IO, go over and play CS. This is "Battlefield" and it is about having a full theater and the challenges involved.

But, I'm going to make an exception for BC2 only because it has SQDM. There are enough people that feel that having a Bradley driving around during a Squad Death Match takes away from the game. Personally, I get damn tired of hearing some jack *** making all that noise going (boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom) for 10 minutes. People tell some punk to jump out of it and then it forces everyone to focus on the jack ***. And then you become an easy target for the other squads to shoot at you when you start to focus on the raper.

So, good, put IO in Squad DM. And for the size of the maps...I don't really mind if they were to go IO. But I can think of a couple maps that it would flat out suck if you don't have a boat/helo during the assault. It is a long freaking walk and bad areas to be overly exposed.

Comment

Working...
                                X