Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obligatory BC2 Patch Thread (opinions and that stuff)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obligatory BC2 Patch Thread (opinions and that stuff)

so the G3 return to glory really just BS? why do they bother telling us otherwise?

Comment

because Demize is as always full of ****

balance changes that were apparently based on "community feedback"

and then on twitter he states that balancing the game based on feedback is a bad idea LOL

Comment

Demize needs to go away.

Comment

is the communication so bad at dice that they themselves document doing something and then later pretend like they never said it? in their own words they were returning the G3 to its "former glory"!

Comment

When it comes to balance tweaks, he's got attitude issues.
            Takes every suggestion as an insult of his work. Recently, he has twitted something like this:
            "I don't need community feedback, I've got my data"

I wouldn't care if he tweaked weapons according to that data. But it doesn't seem to be the case! Just look how many things VSS does better than G3. VSS is silenced and has got zoom capability so it should be the other way around!

Also, he nerfed Aks-74u which was too popular, probably because of sound it makes and nice open sights, possibly? But it wasn't the best by far, in fact XM8 is superior in every way. It seems that the only data he uses for balance tweaks is popularity, meh....

On the other hand, he's a game designer and balance tweaks is not the only think he does. I think it's thanks to him that the whole package has such an epic feel never seen before.

Comment

Only problem I have had is when I scope it drops the zoom but stays in the scope stand.

Comment

Today i got annoyed. On White Pass Conquest i was spawned, 3 times in a row, in front of an enemy. I'm not talking about an enemy across the street. 1 Foot, Right behind me.

The game was always good at spawning you away from enemies near by. I'm not sure if it's going to be a recurring thing, introduced by the patch. It has the potential to make me Rage Quit when i am having a bad round. lol.

As far as the guns, i feel that the AEK and F2000 got a minor adjustment for the better. At least i think so. The AEK feels a bit more powerful and the F2000 feels a lot more accurate while bursting. Before, it felt like only 1 bullet out of 3 would hit and i was lucky if i could kill 1 enemy at medium distance with 1 whole clip. Now i can take down 2 enemies, easily with 1 Clip and a few bullets still in it.

Comment

Bottom line is the latest patch SUX! Lag issues are plaguing a great amount of people and servers, guns that were supposed to be fixed were not returned to there former glory as stated, and the knifing issue is STILL an issue.

Yep we had to wait for over 2 months for this disappointment.

EPIC FAIL DICE!

Comment

The UAV has been buffed up. That or the tanks down because Ive been able to one hit kill full health tanks without any perks to strengthen UAV hits.

I also repaired a tank to full 100% health only to see it instantly destroyed just as it was pulling away from me.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

• Re: Obligatory BC2 Patch Thread (opinions and that stuff)

the UAV has always been able to one hit tanks, you basically just need to pancake the top of the ****er with the hellfire missile

as in, hit the top of the turrent, or top of the tank toward the rear, sort of where the turret connects to the body

it works pretty well, but if the tank driver has any sense, he moves (or realises that the only thing that would give a missile warning alarm for that long would be the UAV) and you miss the shot

oh god he will nerf that next

Comment

I know what it is, its the new hit boxes. I use the UAV all the time and I know that before you would aim for the hatch and one hit kill the tanks. It was harder than it is now. In all the instances the tank was moving, expanding that hatch hitbox.

The UAV is the same after all, its the hit boxes making it easier.

Crunch

Comment

I've got mixed feelings so far. For the most part, I think it is an "OK" patch. One thing I'm not really liking though, all the 'chatter' that the players make now. It was bad to begin with, like the "We've got a man down here!" which would totally give you away, even if you are recon. But it is not worse, there is so much talking that they added in. It is overboard now, they have something for every little thing. "Hey motherf*cker, I just pulled my trigger!" "Hey, that ****head just dropped an ammo kit over there!" "My god **** boot string broke!" I was annoyed by all the cussing and overboard yelling in the game, and now they added in something for every action, from a bullet flying by to someone spawning on someone.

The game just got much more annoyingly louder.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                            The UAV has been buffed up. That or the tanks down because Ive been able to one hit kill full health tanks without any perks to strengthen UAV hits.

I also repaired a tank to full 100% health only to see it instantly destroyed just as it was pulling away from me.

Crunch
                            I've hit the Bradley with the UAV missile and it didn't destroy it. I hit it on the top. The only time i am able to 1 hit destroy a tank, it's when the tank is empty.

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical
                              I've hit the Bradley with the UAV missile and it didn't destroy it. I hit it on the top. The only time i am able to 1 hit destroy a tank, it's when the tank is empty.
                              I havent tried it on Bradleys. It is one hit kill on moving tanks though. Maybe the Bradley needs to move too.

Crunch

Comment

i rarely get 1 hit kill on armor, but i guess i was targeting the wrong spot because i usually go for the sides, like the treads. bradley and tanks have same hit pts but i guess they have diff. weak spots?

Comment

Working...
                                X