Have you seen this one yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you seen this one yet?

I couldn't make this crap up if I tried.

Also this month, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Kit Shortcuts will be available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 for those players who don't have time to spend levelling up to unlock all the kit specific items but still want to be competitive with those who have unlocked everything. The Kit Shortcuts will give you the unlocks available for kit each kit while still allowing you to progress through the ranking system as normal and will be available for 560 MS Points/$6.99 individually or if you want the whole bundle of kit shortcuts including the 7 available vehicle unlocks, 1600 MS Points on Xbox Live and $19.99/17.99€. The Kit Shortcuts will be available on Xbox Live Worldwide and European PlayStation Network from 16th June with the North American PlayStation Network having access to the shortcuts from 22nd June.
    Source

Re: Have you seen this one yet?

So at almost half the price of the game, you can get guns? Talking about milking it. Im all for a company making money, but this is a new low.

Comment

Ehhh...I went back to playing Enemy Territory.It works and "New Maps" are really "New" and actually "Maps".

Comment

God, it's worse than I could imagine.

Comment

Can someone loan me some money?

Comment

LOL. Definitely preferable to actually playing the game with the lesser guns and actually getting good with them or maybe scavenging dropped kits to try out different weapons, that's for sure. Why play the game when you can just pay for it again?

I guess we no longer have a right to bag on people for stat padding when the developers more or less just encourage it.

Comment

Naw, this is SOP in the new gaming order. Im not surprised. I mentioned in the other post on the main page that I think it takes the fun out of the game and when can we pay to unlock all platinum stars and level 50?

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Most console gamers do not play as much as most of the people in this thread. Weapons shouldn't even be something you work for in consoles and that is the only problem with this. Now the majority of console gamers can experience the weapons they other wise never would.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
                  Most console gamers do not play as much as most of the people in this thread. Weapons shouldn't even be something you work for in consoles and that is the only problem with this. Now the majority of console gamers can experience the weapons they other wise never would.
                  You really think so? Thats an interesting idea that console players do not play as much. I would think they would average the same as PC players at any given time. Especially since a lot of PC players have migrated to console. I would not think their playing time would go down. Maybe it is more casual and because of the "what you see is what you get" of consoles, that could be true.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

If the Xbox 360 supported mouse and keyboard I wouldn't be using a computer... it would get rid of about 95% of my PC related problems.

That being said theres a lot of things I would miss... but I always just wanted to play the game, not play with the game itself.

Comment

While they've yet to release totally new maps, they said up front that they would be looking to get income from other ways so they could avoid charging for new maps and breaking up the community, this being a logical choice. For A lot of free to play MMO's they this exact same option. Plus what is there really to complain about? If you had the game from the start, you've probably unlocked every class you like LONG LONG ago. If not, you don't have to pay for this, but yes some people that do, will have better equipment if they choose to spend the money on jumping ahead in levels.

Plus lets get real, if you wanted to avoid something like this happening, why not complain about level over all. Remember that up until the last few years FPS's didn't have a leveling mechanic, it was just standard issue weapons, or you could choose any of the weapons off the bat. As soon as we accepted the leveling system from the MMO's I knew something like this wouldn't be far behind.

Personally I don't mind, most of my friends that got this game later on, just focus on a class or two, and have gotten all the unlocks with in a week or so.

The question you should ask your self is which do you mind more, pay for new maps and potentially breaking up the community, or letting people get custom skins and pay for leveling?

Comment

I don't care about DLC like skins etc, they can sell all they want as long as it doesn't touch the gameplay. But for the leveling DLC, paying for leveling is pretty pathetic when you can unlocks your weapons very easily and while some weapons are better you can still fight decently with weapons like the XM8 or T88.

And yes there's a problem with the leveling system and I see a lot of people complaining about it since BF2, actually in the vast majority of games the leveling system is crap because it rewards time more than skill. But the majority of gamers have accepted it, like they have accepted to pay for 30$ for some maps (MW2) or thing like changing your gender in WoW, the industry will carry on in that way.

If the Xbox 360 supported mouse and keyboard I wouldn't be using a computer... it would get rid of about 95% of my PC related problems.
                        Almost the same, there's also one other advantages on PC even if it dissapears slowly : modifications. Starcraft 2 for example will come with an editor and there's already some fun custom maps, something you will never see on consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
                          360's do support keyboard and mouse with an addon the XFPS .. so now you have no excuse

Comment

i really dont see how anyone hasnt unlocked all the guns by now. i unlocked everything within the first 3 days after the game came out after playing 3 hours tops per day. maybe these noobs should put down thier CGs and try out the assault medic or recon class to unlock the guns.

as for paying for unlocks, if the console tards are stupid enough to pay for that then more power to DICE for exploiting the idiots.

Comment

OH BS!! This is just the "rich boy" get fancy toys first trick.

Someone pass me the Gustav, I know a few people who really need to be on the receiving end!

I've been playing BF since Bf1942, I enjoyed every game [2142 being my favorite] but at this point, it is just going down hill.

Am I really forced to play RTS now only???

Why do people on console pay these idiots? It is just enticing them to do more!

Comment

Working...
                              X