Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BFBC2 Suicide Buggy/Jihad Jeeps. Your take on them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BFBC2 Suicide Buggy/Jihad Jeeps. Your take on them?

I have 1 gustav kill. From a kit I picked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
      i know someone who has over 10k kills with gustav. that's all he uses.
      Must be boring as hell to only use the same weapon over and over for so long, especially this one :shakehead:

Comment

It's in the game, I might as well use it.
        I'm guessing you were one of the Brittany Spear Crack Dancers from Medal of Honor Allied Assault.

Just because some clever bugger has figured out some neat trick that can be done with in the game does not make it a viable tactic. Most of these kinds of things are not even thought of by the developers. They barely play their own game after its release.

I was once in a match as part of the PMOH clan vs the developers of MoH Spearhead and we absolutely wiped the floor with their asses. Noob took on a whole new meaning. It was funny and disturbing all at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Roamer
          Just because some clever bugger has figured out some neat trick that can be done with in the game does not make it a viable tactic. Most of these kinds of things are not even thought of by the developers. They barely play their own game after its release.
          Withholding the fact that this strategy has been around since even some of the earliest BF games. I'm sure the developers are fully aware of it, and if they saw it to be a problem, would have done something to remedy it.

Comment

Once again I wish to remind those that reprimand and censure this tactic that, it is a game.

We all paid for it (or not for some cunning fellow), we might as well enjoy it to the best. If you like using the Gustav, go ahead, Jiahd? Why not?

I see it as equal as long as others could use this tactic, not an unfair advantage or exploit.

For every tactic, there's a counter-tactic, banning is not one of them. That's just running away from thinking.

E.g: Get vehicle secondary fire perk and back your tank, if your main guns miss, it'll be dead from the MG.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
              Once again I wish to remind those that reprimand and censure this tactic that, it is a game.

We all paid for it (or not for some cunning fellow), we might as well enjoy it to the best. If you like using the Gustav, go ahead, Jiahd? Why not?

I see it as equal as long as others could use this tactic, not an unfair advantage or exploit.

For every tactic, there's a counter-tactic, banning is not one of them. That's just running away from thinking.

E.g: Get vehicle secondary fire perk and back your tank, if your main guns miss, it'll be dead from the MG.
              Amen to that.

Comment

If it's not game-breaking, then don't ban it, that's how I rule a server. Some valid tactics are still annoying though and really need to be tweaked especially when they're here since BF42.

Amen to that.
                Everything to not feel guilty of using the Gustav

Comment

If you pay for your own server with your own hard earned money then you have every right to regulate as you see fit for the enjoyment of your paying members. If you don't like the rules, play elsewhere.

Comment

Check this video also :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3lDPXH7SoY

Comment

Originally posted by Your_Mammie
                      What's so special about it? It's an average frag video which have all been overdone since BF2 and CoD4, along with some cheesy music that doesn't go with the timing of the kills.

Comment

Kansas is not cheesy. One of the best bands from the 60's/70's, especially live. But they are a very poor choice for a frag video!

Comment

I Reserve the right to do it. I have done it in bf2 and 2142 and it is very effective sometimes and sometimes your dogmeat. I try to make sure I survive when I do it as it takes more skill to get away than to suicide.

The gustav is designed to be more anti infantry (in this game) and does the least damage vs armour v's the rpg and at4. Its annoying (and sad IMHO) when all people do is run around with the gustav all the time but its there choice and there game. Thankfully they reduced the blast radius with the last patch.

Comment

Last night I was defending on Port Valdez as engineer with mines, keeping the enemy back by sitting at the bottom of wookie hill

had some mines out, *******es were driving right into them, somehow a tank got past and drove down the road a bit, stopped and began firing at my team mates so I ran out, while being shot and realising I probably wouldn't survive long anyway, let alone get more ammunition, I chucked my last two mines down right next to it, stood over them and shot them with my SMG (after I said out loud "Jihad") - big boom

I was flamed for the next 5 minutes lol

Comment

Yes I hate it when people shoot me when I m laying down mines, they kill me and themselves.

Comment

I don't think it's a problem. And it was way more common in BF2. Armor is tougher and more deadly in BF2 and even a squad of AT guys would have trouble killing a skilled tank driver. Jihading is the most effective way to kill them. I know I did it a lot. I usually end up being the dedicated tank killer because the rest of the team are a bunch of retarded lambs to the slaughter. Nothing more satisfying than killing over and over again some tank whore who thinks he's invincible.

I don't see it much in BC2. And when I do see it, it rarely works. Tanks are nearly death traps as it is. Maybe one day I'll experiment some more to see how effective it really is, but I don't see the need right now. Easier to sneak up and just C4 it usually.

Comment

Working...
                                X