Really no incentive anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really no incentive anymore

Well, I have hit rank 40, and I have also hit the point where playing this game is more of a chore than a game.

Up to and including level 25 is all good fun, unlocking new guns, new gadgets and what not, it feels very good, however after that all I can say is the incentive to play just goes down hill massively.

After rank 25 (and unlocking all the kit unlocks), you are left with getting stars for weapons, which feels like more of a grind then playing an MMORPG. When you rank up, you don't even get that feeling of accomplishment, it just feels like a "yay, another level... wooooo".

And before you all go in saying play the game for fun, it's very hard to enjoy absolutely ******** hit reg (I mean it is as bad as BF2 and thats 5 years old), stupidly overpowered weapons like the tube, CG, AN-94 etc, dreadful weapon balance...

I really hope they don't do a similiar job like this on BF3, I mean take ranking up on BF2, ranking up on that game felt amazing. You got drum rolls, you got a cool commander telling you you're awesome, and ofcourse, it felt like an achievement. And even if 2142 was much less reward with rank ups it made up for it with amazing gameplay.

*sighs* I guess I may have to re-install BF2 again...

PS. Wouldn't it have been good if they implemented some sort of leaderboard system for weapons like in 2142, that was really fun (number 5 with the sudnik go me!).

Re: Really no incentive anymore

I'm having the same feeling here. People I'm used to play with are dropping one by one every weeks. The only thing that keeps me going is to get my last badges and waiting for new patches.

Comment

Yeah I'm starting to notice the hitreg issues myself since I've gone back to whoring the Remington. Last night I had so many 3-4 shot kills and even some that didn't die after that. I think it's just really laggy, TBH. Right before I quit for the night I came up against a Saiga user. Put a round in the back of his head and no hit, put another one in his chest and no hit, put a third round into his chest and no hit, then he goes bambam and I die, and as I'm falling to the ground I see him die and a +50 points pops up on my screen for the kill. About 1/2 second AFTER I shot him he finally died. It's no wonder reg seems like arse with that kind of lag. And this lag went on every server I played. One server was so bad it was rubberband city. Between that and the explosives spam which takes place in nearly every map (moreso on White Pass and Arica Harbour) it's one of those games where I can only play if I'm truly bored.

Comment

Boy, reading this thread puts the spook in me. I agree, they should have jumped in early on with this new patch that came out and completely changed the ranking system like they did in BF2. In BF2, people were already Lt and Col, when they changed it several weeks after its release. I recall them saying that they based the system on play times from BF42-DC, where people had been playing for months and months to get it calibrated right. What did DiCE use to calibrate BC2? I think they should have made the curve a little sharper of a wall to climb.

I guess I need to remember this is BC not BF. But I'm getting the nagging feeling that I might have made another investment in a strong computer only to be burned and fooled by DiCE again. At least the game is not half baked like BF2 was. Recall all the stuff they put into it that did not work? Red-tag issues for months? AA missiles that were on Meth.

The hit registry does have some glitches but I think it is a better then it was. That said, when you are not in the mood for it and it happens, it really chaps your side.

I don't know BF3 better be pretty damn great, DiCE seems to make games that take a really powerful rig that ends up being too big for all the issues. I hate to see people run away in hoards from this game just as I get involved.

Comment

also:

To add onto that thought...they have badges for "five days of play"...so, is that really what DiCE things this game is really worth? Five days of play? WTF does that mean? How about WoW players, do they have 5 days of play awards? They play for 5 years.

Maybe they should have had nice big bonus badges for 1 month of play, 3 months, and 5 months. Hell everyone that is a member of this forum likely played BF2 or 2142 for well over a year.

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
            And before you all go in saying play the game for fun, it's very hard to enjoy absolutely ******** hit reg (I mean it is as bad as BF2 and thats 5 years old), stupidly overpowered weapons like the tube, CG, AN-94 etc, dreadful weapon balance...
            But that issue is there regardless of the number of rank, pins and unlocks available to you.
            I like having a goal too, but you must have OCD to keep playing for that goal if the game sucks otherwise.

Comment

The question is is what else is out there then to play right now. Will you got back to MW2 or BF2?

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                The question is is what else is out there then to play right now. Will you got back to MW2 or BF2?
                StarCraft2 just was announce in July...

Personally, I might just have to go back to Zombies vs Plants if this game starts to suck on me.

Comment

Im glad i have barely touched Assault and havent unlocked a few guns in that class. That will give me something to do for the meantime.

Comment

Me and a couple of friends went in the other day just to goof off and had a great time. Were were putting C4 on everything, UAV, Heli, ATV etc., and driving it into things like the M-comm and the enemies and blowing them up lol. Had a blast. Try that if you get bored. It is just a game and not to be taken seriously.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Originally posted by RocketChild
                    StarCraft2 just was announce in July...

Personally, I might just have to go back to Zombies vs Plants if this game starts to suck on me.
                    I have fun with RTS singleplayer games but really have no fun with the multiplayer part of it.

Comment

I have fun with RTS singleplayer games but really have no fun with the multiplayer part of it.
                      Yeah, it is not the same as fisting it out.

Comment

The big question is will BF3 be able to bring back the magic of BF2. I thought BC2 would but I think it fell short.

Comment

We need more maps! That would keep me interested for a while but playing the same ones over and over is driving me nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillerjud
                            We need more maps! That would keep me interested for a while but playing the same ones over and over is driving me nuts.
                            They should make PC specific maps for the PC version and console specific maps for the consoles. Problem solved.

Comment

They should make PC specific maps for the PC version and console specific maps for the consoles. Problem solved.
                              They wont do it though, too much work involved for them its easier to release 1 map for all bit of a shame really.

Comment

Working...
                              X