*Possible* fix for Hit Detection/Latency Compensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *Possible* fix for Hit Detection/Latency Compensation

i am having increased accuracy across all weapons. I only have the first part added, not the second part that is talked about later in the thread.

not sure how to calculate the server latency that is referred to in the bash/slash thread

Comment

Man, this works! I left it at the default of 45 and it seems like all the weapons are registering great now.
      "Crunch's First Officer"
      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Might have to give this a try when i get my net back.

Comment

It seems better for me, the USAS seems to kill in 3 shells even when they run instead of unloading 9 shells. I also kill faster with the MG36, I don't remember it was such a good gun before (sniping M60s users with it).

Comment

Is there any side effects on this?

I mean I go usually on servers that have ping of 15-30, but I often plays with friends with 40-60 ping servers. I put the default value from the author, but when I go to servers with lower ping I have the impressions that servers are more laggy, enemies warp and skip a lot.

Comment

Enemies warping = nothing to do with the hit detection system, more like lag on your connection or server overloaded.

I just removed the lines after playing some more games on different servers with equal ping. At one time it was exactly like the video with blood everywhere since I fired 30+ bullets with my MG36 into a guy running perpendiculary to me but 0 hit registered. I removed the lines, tested with the M16 on another server and I had no problem. It all seems very random.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                Enemies warping = nothing to do with the hit detection system, more like lag on your connection or server overloaded.
                Then the servers a ****ing unplayble today. and every high ranked players are skipping like crazy. Everyone warps it not funny and I don't download **** /rant

Comment

I also, got rid of the lines and have seen no difference with and without. Lately the lag issues have been getting worse. I have actually noticed less lag issues on hardcore server vs normal. I haven't done enough testing though since it's almost impossible to get on a server with plenty of people playing. it seems like nearly every single server i try to connect to is full. I did a little experiment. I connected to a european server where i was getting close to the same ping i had with my DSL (~60 average on most servers) and it seemed like the game wasn't so laggy as server i get 15-30 ping. If i could connect to more servers instead of waiting literally 20 minutes at the server browser wading through all full servers, i could maybe test whether having a ping close to 100 helps at all with hit reg.

Comment

had someone tell me today they knew someone who did a fix like this in bf2 and got a global ban? I find it hard to believe.
                    "Crunch's First Officer"
                    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                      had someone tell me today they knew someone who did a fix like this in bf2 and got a global ban? I find it hard to believe.
                      Good, because changing simple settings like that wont do that with an ini file. At least with my experience it wont. Maybe on the olden days of early detection it did.

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

The ping shown for me is either - A) Not showing at all (server browser) or B) Completely wrong (200 ping on a server in NY? Come on... thats just a jump across the river, and my game is running perfectly fine.)

My hit detection is really spotty at times... it makes sniping really annoying, especially on moving targets at long range.

Comment

I'm kinda of afraid to change the hit detection settings. I remember I messed with them in Bf2 and could never get them back to original settings. Tried uninstalling and such, but never found the one I liked. I feel if I change it now on BC2, it'll **** up my reg. My reg is not bad either, but could be better.

Comment

Originally posted by M0t0rBreath
                            I'm kinda of afraid to change the hit detection settings. I remember I messed with them in Bf2 and could never get them back to original settings. Tried uninstalling and such, but never found the one I liked. I feel if I change it now on BC2, it'll **** up my reg. My reg is not bad either, but could be better.
                            all you have to do is back up the 2 ini files and go back to them if you don't like the changes...
                            or just delete the lines you added. it's not a big deal really.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                              all you have to do is back up the 2 ini files and go back to them if you don't like the changes...
                              or just delete the lines you added. it's not a big deal really.
                              like min said it's very easy. You add 2 lines of text and you are not altering any other settings. Remove the lines and it's back to normal.

i have been getting bad server lag as well. This always seems to happen right before a major patch. Like EA is taking away some front end servers to test the new software. I did find some solace on 24 player servers. The 32 were just toooo lagggy.

Comment

Working...
                              X