*Possible* fix for Hit Detection/Latency Compensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *Possible* fix for Hit Detection/Latency Compensation

Placebo effect. In all honesty I haven't had problems with hit detection in BC2 at all... Remember, if you dont hit someone when you shoot it may be your fault, it's not always the game itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeq
      Placebo effect. In all honesty I haven't had problems with hit detection in BC2 at all... Remember, if you dont hit someone when you shoot it may be your fault, it's not always the game itself.
      Its not when you see the X and the body reacts, like in that video, and they kill you and they have 100% health.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

ok i was skeptical with this, but tried it out and set it up for 50ms ping.
        it was night and day difference. it's taking half the bullets compared to before to kill someone.
        i'll probably need to test it out more but i think as long as i stay on servers with 50ms ping, i should be good.
        this is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
          ok i was skeptical with this, but tried it out and set it up for 50ms ping.
          it was night and day difference. it's taking half the bullets compared to before to kill someone.
          i'll probably need to test it out more but i think as long as i stay on servers with 50ms ping, i should be good.
          this is crazy.
          Yep, same. Tested also on the =MNKY= server, because my ping is high there, and hit detection was a lot better.

Crunch

Comment

This post on Bash and Slash has different values and it's shown to be put in a different part of the .ini files.

Comment

I had good and bad feelings after setting it up. Some kills seemed much more recognized by the netcode. Yet sometimes I shot and hit nothing whereas I should've.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeq
                How the hell can you look at that video and call it "Placebo"?
                I am going to get a court order that prevents you from using that word again until you have a Ph.d. in Medical Research.

However, if you are willing to pay, I am sure we could gather a couple of hundred gamers at an exotic location and perform a double blind test.

Alternately, you could try it with two extreme values like 15 and 200. Then tell us how "Placebo" that felt. Remember that hitreg test is done with a pump-shotgun, not a m60.

Comment

going to try this now and see what happens. I am going to start out with 60.

Comment

Okay question for you, do you have to exit game and to initiate the settings for the ping or can you set it while that game is running and then save, and enter the game/server?
                    I know simple question to some of you, but please elaborate.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I tried the "fix" and found that from as low as 30 and as high as 140, 60-100 seems to be about the same, any other setting made it worse.

I recently upgraded to 15/5Mb Fios internet and noticed the game was having a ton of issues with hit reg compared to when I was using my 1.5Mb/384Kb DSL. With the DSL my hit reg was fine, but now it's worse with the Fios. With DSL the lowest ping on the server browser was 32 and highest I would play was 64. Now the same servers I played on before are 15-32.

With the DSL, my in game latency would be 160-180 and with Fios it's now 100-130. The only other thing that has upgraded recently at the same time as my Fios was the R9 server update which is when I started noticing all kinds of hit reg and lag issues. I'm hoping the recent lag issues i've been having are just the server update and will be fixed with the R10 update.

Comment

Originally posted by [SA]4|1Sgt.Beav
                        Okay question for you, do you have to exit game and to initiate the settings for the ping or can you set it while that game is running and then save, and enter the game/server?
                        I know simple question to some of you, but please elaborate.

Thanks in advance.
                        What I did was went into the game and opened the server browser and did a full refresh. I looked at all the games and the range of pings that I would normally pick to play on. A good majority of them were at 42 and then it started shrinking again as it went higher. So I have a few 15s and a few 20s, and then a lot of 30s and then a whole lot of 40s, so I figured 42 was about right.

I then closed the game and opened up the ini files mentioned. Made the change so that it reflects my setting and then put them in as the instructions said. Saved them and closed. I then played in game to see how it went.

I dont know if changing the settings files while the game is running will work. I played it safe and did it this way.

Crunch

Comment

Thanks Crunch, thats essentially what I have done, found that happy medium and plan to leave it at that for now. Thanks for the response.

Comment

I just changed it back after I had a few occurrences of point blank shooting without ANY effect (the dude was at 100% after he killed me).

Comment

I don't remember how I go to it but at this forum thread http://bashandslash.com/boards/viewt...hp?f=82&t=2535 I found the settings listed to actually be more help full.

I added the following for my gamesettings.ini and the very first game I played with these settings I got 61 kills 22 deaths with a **** ton of awards.

GSDefaultLatencyCompensation=0.100000
                              DefaultLatencyCompensation=0.100000
                              LatencyCompensation=0.100000
                              GSInterpolationTime=40
                              InterpolationTime=40
                              SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation=0.100000
                              SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime=40

Comment

I set mine to 50 or so, big difference in shotgun hit reg. (Only if my aim improved! xD)

Assault rifle AN94 also improved hit reg, usually takes 10 shots to kill, now only need about 5 @ about 40 m.

Knife hit reg also improved.

I play around 47 ping (server browser)

Comment

Working...
                                X