*Possible* fix for Hit Detection/Latency Compensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Possible* fix for Hit Detection/Latency Compensation

I saw this over in the official forums, and thought that you may not all be following them.
    Basically, add these two lines;

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.0450000
    SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 45

to your gamesettings.ini and settings.ini file in the BFBC2 folder.
    In gamesettings.ini, add them between the lines;

IntroPlayed=1
    [GstPersistence]

In settings.ini, just add it to the end of the list. Save both files.

BEFORE YOU TRY THIS, change the value to your general server ping. For me, when I refresh the list, most servers are 31-45 ping. So, I change the values to .045 and 45 for 45 ping.

Say most of your servers are 73 ping, you'll want to change the values at the end of the previously stated changes to .073 and 73 respectively.

Apparently the battlefield series tries to compensate for an average of 100ms ping by default and so the hitboxes appear to "lag behind" the actual player model you're seeing in game. This fix changes it so that the models are where the hitboxes actually are by adjusting to your average ping instead.

Source: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...pensation.html
    Original source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genme...topic=54388946

Re: *Possible* fix for Hit Detection/Latency Compensation

As always with BF the netcode is meh.

Thanks for the info, I'll try right now.

Comment

I remember this same setting in BF2. It was in the localization files if I remember. Thanks for posting this.

Comment

Nice find Vreki!

+rep

Comment

So you adjust your ping based in what you see in the browser or how the ping is on the servers you generally play on? Im not quite sure how they are deciding what to set the ping to.

To me, if you set this wrong or play on a server with even more or less ping, the hitboxes would still be messed up or instead of being behind the person, they are now in front of them.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Played two or three rounds, noticed an immediate difference, give this a try guys. It's pretty awesome.

Comment

Interesting, but im gonna pass on this.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                So you adjust your ping based in what you see in the browser or how the ping is on the servers you generally play on? Im not quite sure how they are deciding what to set the ping to.

To me, if you set this wrong or play on a server with even more or less ping, the hitboxes would still be messed up or instead of being behind the person, they are now in front of them.

Crunch
                The way I understand it from the threads, the game already has lag comp based on 100 ms servers.
                So if that is what you are playing on you probably wont be seing much difference. But on the other hand, if you know your server average is around 50ms instead of 100, then there could really be a difference.

My first attempt was a real failure. I set up for 15 ms, and joined a server with that ping according to the browser, but it now takes four loads of buckshot to kill.
                My G15 reported the server ping as 50, so I am going to reconfigure for that and try again.

Comment

Lol does that mean I can finally hit with shotguns from 5,0000000 miles away? Awesome!

Comment

I noticed more hit indications when I shot people!

May be some type of placebo affect, but lets see how the ol' KD reacts.

Comment

I personally don't have any problem with reg, but a few people have tried this now and noticed the results

would be good if Dice could simply store the ping of the server you were on as a variable which was then used for the calculation

Comment

Any other results? I don't have BFBC2 installed on this PC, (my old single core xD).

I think the greatest change would be the shotgun and sniper hit reg.

Comment

Is there anyway of finding ping in game with no G15?

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                            Is there anyway of finding ping in game with no G15?
                            You could try taking the ping you see while you're on the server and divide it by 4. I find doing that gives me surprisingly accurate results

Comment

Originally posted by jesus
                              You could try taking the ping you see while you're on the server and divide it by 4. I find doing that gives me surprisingly accurate results
                              Or not. That would only be accurate for a limited range of pings, considering that's not how it works at all.

When my ping is 15-20, my latency is 90-130. Dividing by 4 would be way off.

Comment

Working...
                              X